Parent and Kid Reviews on

Daybreak Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 34 kid reviews

Sort by:

So overall this was a good show, I loved the style and I thought that the cast was fairly diverse and had *generally* good morals (if you've watched the show you'll understand). I loved the storyline and, although the Principals pride over his self-declared cannibalism was gros, to say the least, it made for a good plot point and was important in the story. The show itself wasn't super gory, though if you are particularly sensitive to blood and wounds, I'd say skip this one. The characters in the show do swear, a LOT, and they are not tame either - the insults in this show are BRUTAL (no pun intended) - and they make a lot of inappropriate jokes, but honestly, for a show about mostly teenagers, it's very accurate. Also, there is a lot of drugs and smoking, in almost every episode, but it isn't too bad and I actually think they display the mindset of teenagers really effectively. Basically, solid show with some stuff to think about in it but don't watch if you're sensitive to blood, gore, or just general grossness (but then again, if you are, why the heck are you considering watching a post-apocolyptic zombie movie?)
1 person found this helpful.

Discusting!!!!

I try not to be gloomy in my reviews but Baron Triumph is a “proud” “bi-pedoph!le” who eats children. Scared (scares) the crap (pardon my language readers) out of me. So yeah that’s a little bit messed. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND. I did not like it. but that part, that was disgusting, disturbing, honestly it was the part that said he was proud of it, that scared me “what if there’s real people out there like that.” I am thirteen that was messed up, if you don’t want to talk to your kids about that mess, I would not let them watch it.
1 person found this helpful.

lots of swearing and blood but not to bad depending on the kid

pretty good lots of swearing but no more than a Normal school lots of blood. pretty fun wouldn’t have been able to watch last year so I say 13+

Charming post-apocalyptic TV Show has violence.

The show has violence, including a running gag where members of a high school golf team die in various ways throughout the series (being gorily blown apart by a missile launcher, having neck bit out by zombie with sprays of blood, being shot in an assassination attempt, etc.), a man accidentally severing his own finger, and a man being run through with a sword. There is language, including use of "fuck", "shit", "pussy", and "bitch". There is sexual content, including two sex scenes with vigorous thrusting (no nudity shown), men talking about their love of breasts, and a couple attempting to have sex for the first time (nothing shown, they're under covers). There are drug references, including a character talking about his love for "Chronic Bubonic" (implied to be a street name for marijuana), and an intelligent child character making edibles for various drugs and dealing them out to high schoolers. Overall: 13+ for bloody violence and gore, pervasive language, crude sexual material, and drug content.

I think the parent should keep the remote in hand

watch with kid

Really depends on the kid; I have loved horror my whole life and I have a dark sense of humor. This show was really fun to me, but depending on the kid they might not be able to handle the blood, cursing, ect.

Love this show wish there was a season 2!

I watched this show when I was 13 and I absolutely loved it! every now and then I felt a little uncomfortable with the sex or gore but besides that, it was an awesome and comedic show. I feel personally I would have enjoyed the show a bit better if I waited a little longer to watch it but for the average 13-year-old this show is great because it's nothing we haven't seen before. should definitely watch it as a teen.

dont dictate if you should watch the show on your age but on your level of maturity

ok first of all this whole platform can be a little stupid but also important for people who are completely lost but if you are in between the ages of, lets say, 11-15 some things aren't going to be okay for a 15 year old but okay for an eleven year old because everyone is exposed to different things at different ages. for example I was exposed to violent shows at a young age but I wasn't exposed to sex that much so this show wouldn't be such a great show for me if I was 11 but at 13 it would be fine. just know yourself and know your child. and if you are a child reading this review right now you probably know if you can watch it or not and are just coming here for some piece of mind. and if you are completely unsure and clueless just watch the show and if you feel uncomfortable by anything stop watching and know the show isn't for you. this show has lots of violence and se in it so if you weren't exposed to both and aren't comfortable watching shows with that already you shouldn't watch the show. there is also lots of drugs in the show so it probably isn't the best for fifth graders

very relatable (parents- please read)

this show is very accurate with what kids would do if there was no adults around, they would fight over who is "King" or "queen" and they would take over schools, churches malls and other places for shelter. It also normalizes the fact that kids and teens would be fine without parents if they had their friends. It has a lot of gore and language, and brief sex scenes, but its not like middle school has conversations about p*rn lingering around the hallways. It is a very good show

Very Mad

If I was a teen 13 and up for this then It would be much better as I would be able to handle it but not for my age one time it sayed on google that it was for 12 year olds and I watched it terrfied me I had to stop watching this show and my mom had a talk about shows being appropriate and not inappropriate for your age the trailer made it look like it was a fine show for a 12 year old about a group of teens in the zombie apocalypse there was one scene where he sticks out the middle finger and Colin starts to slash it with his sword and those teens started pouring blood to defeat the enemies. If you’re a Tween reading this then you probably shouldn’t watch it until you’re 13