All parent member reviews for Desperate Housewives

Educator and Parent Written byFosterFan September 2, 2011

Really very good show.

Desperate Housewives is a really very good dramedy about 4 women, their relationships, but, overall, their friendship. Sex and language make it a little unappropiate for girls & straight boys of less than 15 years old. But if you're OK with that, they're bound to have a good time.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byPatty101 July 7, 2009

Anyone over 10

I think its great. My 11 year old loves to watch it with me.
Adult Written bygazb2 December 29, 2008

This is THE best show you will EVER watch !!!!!!!!!!

Desperate Housewives is simply the BEST show ever !!! It really does have every sort of drama you can think of .... a tornado, a hostage situation, gun shots, murder, affairs, EVERYTHING !! You should HONESTLY watch it .. you will NOT be disappointed !!
Adult Written byJaredsMine April 9, 2008

Best Show

I don't think there is anything wrong with this show. It's very funny and shows us what life is like in the suburbs. Even though this season Bree has had the drinking problem and was almost going to marry Goerge Willams. Until he commited sucide in the hotel room. And Gabrielle's boytoy John Rolling went away to collage. And she's now back with her husband. And stole the baby from the pregenant stripper. But I don't think the show is bad at all. And there are very, very, very few curse words. So I think it is an OK show for kids 12+ to watch.
Parent Written byJustBritten October 3, 2011

Desperate Housewives is Fantastic!

I have been watching Desperate Housewives since the very first episode and I can tell you, it's more appropriate that half of the Television programs out there right now. It's more appropriate than most video games and certainly better than most movies aiming for teen viewers. So there is a little sexuality, language, etc involved. That's life and you'll see it everywhere. All in all, it's one of the best shows I have ever seen and I have fell in love with each and every character, plot and season. Definitely worth a look!
Parent of a 17 year old Written bykimo4fun May 13, 2011

housewives come in please

it's a good show that teaches and perpare kids for life and it's trobles so they won't fell in it again like the old ones but the sex is so strong that could have a bad inflence on the teenagers Thank you !!!
Parent of a 2 year old Written byStar143 January 24, 2011
Used to love it. It became more violent as the show progressed. It's almost like the director ran out of ideas and decided to just kill everyone off. Other than that, I have watched every single episode at least 7 times and don't plan on stopping till it's over.
Adult Written byGracesbigsis July 14, 2010

Some good messages, good writing, but too sexually explicit for young viewers

I'm 19 years old and I watch this with my parents. I think that the main characters engage in some very immoral behavior and it is not appropriate for children, tweens, or younger teens. However, that being said, the show does a great job of reminding us, as viewers, that our actions have consequences. It reminds us to make wise choices through the, from what I've seen, mostly bad choices of the main characters. I don't think this show is appropriate for anyone younger than 16 but I do think that, if you're looking for it, there are positive messages. Unfortunately, some of the execution of these messages could have been a lot less explicitly sexual.
Adult Written bytrishab April 9, 2008
Adult Written bydjb952 April 9, 2008

It's all about sex

The title of my rating says it all. It totally makes a mockery of the sacred marriage relationship, to say nothing of the poor message and example it sends to young people.
Adult Written byChariot April 9, 2008

no way

Why would anyone watch this? stupid stupid stupid show all about cheating on your spouse and running around naked. huge waste of time.
Adult Written byemessom April 9, 2008

a woman can relate

its not for kids but adults will ove it if you like drama.
Adult Written byaecdoglover April 9, 2008
Adult Written byhsmom4jc April 9, 2008

Housewives? Not THIS one!!

I pray that this show is NOT indicative to most housewives! It's so totally off the wall as to what goes on in the lives of those I know that it's ludicrous. We watched the premiere and one or two after that and it's now off limits. Housewives take enough bashing by those in the work force without adding this to it! Affairs, murder, burning each other's houses down, drugs, etc.? Most housewives I know are dealing with enough, trying to take care of the husbands, kids, houses, and bills. How in the world would we have time for any of this??
Adult Written bykadmarco April 9, 2008

desperate for this show.

I think it's a good show. It's very dramatical but it's still a good watch. IT just basicly displays how hard life can be. I have the entire first and second season on disk and an I love desperate housewives shirt.
Adult Written bymisledvampire April 9, 2008

Good show!

I've been watching this show since episode 1 and I love it! There is a bit of sex, and alot of skimpy clothing, but that's really nothing these days because you've all seen skimpy clothing before. The narrorator is a mother that had killed herself. If you are just now starting to watch the show I would suggest that you go and either buy or rent the rest of the seasons and watch them first because if you don't you will be very confused.
Adult Written byIngrid922 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bysoymissk8 April 9, 2008
Parent of a 1 and 5 year old Written byjuleslb0610 April 9, 2008

Not a good family show

I don't think this is a show that is ok for kids to watch at all. It has very inappropriate material and has a terrible message on marriage and relationships.
Adult Written bymtemp April 9, 2008

Very entertaining show, very well written and great gag lines. Not for kids, although the outrageousness of the plot line would make any normal 16+ year old recognize that this is not typical life. One of my favorite shows!