Kid reviews for Dickinson

Dickinson Poster Image

super cool show. it’s a period series and those tend to be tamer than modern series. lots of good representation with the lgbtq+ community, and overall a good show. there are one or two slight sex scenes, but they’re very mild, and i wouldn’t be worried about it if you and your kid are cool with it. i personally started watching it because hailee steinfeld is the lead, and i love her, but turned out to be much more than i was expecting. i love this show, try it out.

1 person found this helpful.

THE BEST TV SHOW EVER!

This is one of the best shows I have ever watched. very interesting, clever and entertaining tv series based off a true story about poet emily dickinson. a large storyline of the show is the relationship between emily dickinson and sue gilbert who are in love but forbidden to be together because of society during the 1800s. few sex scenes (same and opposite sex) . highly recommend, very good show for teens and even adults.

Amazing!

This show is really good. I would definitely suggest. Probably not a good show for kids to watch with their parents though!

Blown Away

This is a WONDERFUL show. The way it blends historical accuracy in terms of clothing, customs, and culture, with modern speech and modern ideas makes for great television. There is no character that I feel is out of place. It has some sexual content but I feel like that’s so trivial compared to the rest of this magical show.

MY ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE SHOW!!

I’m at a loss for words with how to describe this show. I love Emily Dickinson and i always have she’s always been my favourite poet so seeing her brought to life by Hailee Steinfeld’s incredible acting was sensational. The story and writing is so fantastic. The characters are all so complex and interesting to watch, the character development is amazing and really beautiful to watch. And where do I start with Emily and Sue’s relationship, this pairing is one of the most astonishing relationship I have ever witnessed, I fell head over heels in love with the characters and relationship. Their label less love and connection is an inspiration to us all and it’s really beautiful to see a love without prejudice because back in the 1800’s love really was love and this show portrays this beautifully. I watch this show basically everyday and I love it so much. I will watch this show forever and if you haven’t seen it, you are missing out incredibly, WATCH IT, SERIOUSLY. Couldn’t be better and can’t wait for season 3!!

Love it!

I just started watching this show, and it’s amazing! I love that the show is based on a 1800s aspect, which is definitely my style. It does have sexual references and some bad language, as the commonsense review states. It depends on how mature you are. I enjoy this show a lot, and I hope that as you make the decision of watching this that it is a good one!

Hooked from the beginning!

This show was very interesting, I liked how it had a modern take to the 1800's. There are great role models. Emily shows that nothing will stop her to doing what she loves, even though she is a woman. This is one of the best shows I have ever seen! I recommend!

Watch it!

This is a really really great show. Its extremely creative and lots of unexpected things that happen. Im not a big poetry person and before watching this show I barely knew who Emily Dickinson was but i decided to watch it anyways and found one of my favorite shows. There are some parts that are intended for a more mature audience but nothing too bad. Overall this is an amazing show and I cant wait for season 2 :)