Kid reviews for Disenchantment

Series from Simpsons creator has strong women, violence.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDamatrix99 August 18, 2018

It's really bad and Dissapointing.

AGE REVIEW:This show has many violent scenes that are played for laughs such as a prince getting stabbed in the face and kept alive. There is also multiple scenes where they take blood from an elf. There is also a lot of drinking and the main character is fluent drinker. An episode starts with the main characters going somewhere and getting high. RATING REVIEW: This show is really bad. A big problem I have is that the comedy isn't as fluent as The Simpsons or Futurama. Unlike The Simpsons where some episodes may not even be canon this show is like Game of Thrones and has one main plot like a 4 hour movie. Also, this is a parody of Game of Thrones? Should've made this 6 years ago

Teen, 14 years old Written byNFLskittlss August 27, 2018

Best show ever

The best show of all times
Kid, 11 years old May 1, 2019

Uneven but fun Matt Groening cartoon has some violence and sex.

Disenchantment follows the misadventures of Princess Tiabeanie and her friends, Elfo and Lucius. Also take care that this show is much more innapropriate than Matt Groening’s other cartoons (The Simpsons and Futurama).

RATING: TV-14 | IRISH RATING: 12 ——————————————————————————————PARENTS GUIDE: Not all animation is for kids. Think about Rick And Morty, Big Mouth, South Park, Family Guy, Archer and American Dad (the last one, not so much, but the rest are graphic). Disenchantment has tons of gore in almost every episode. Tons of people are killed very casually. Most of the violence is brief and discreet, but some is visible for more than a minute. Princess Teabeanie (the main character) casually kills people, and is encouraged to do so by Lucius, her Demon friend. Heads are shown on sticks outside the castle for a prolonged amount of time, and blood is usually dripping from their necks. Lots of people are killed with blood spurts, and are seen lying in puddles of blood most of the time. A man walks past men, slashing and stabbing them as he walks (blood splashes all over him). In one particularly grisly episode, two siblings attempt to kill a girl in several scary and horrifying ways. She then finds herself in a room with feet hanging out of buckets (very gory) and severed heads above her drip blood. Several eyeballs are seen on a table in this scene. This scene is not comical unlike the other scenes (it is very scary and disturbing). She then swings an axe back and it hits one of the siblings in the head, and then she hits the other in the head. This scene is very disturbing and bloody. Blood splatters all over her and her friends, and blood is seen all over the faces of the siblings after the accident. A girl cuts up meat and lots of blood and gore is shown for a second. A man gets a knife through the head and a trail of blood is shown in the room, and gore is seen on the knife. A man is eaten by pigs in graphic detail, body parts are stretched and eaten. A pig is killed in graphic fashion and then lots of blood is shown flooding the room. A dead animal is seen lying in a fountain (the fountain is filled with blood and the animal is extremely pale). A girl grabs a knife with her feet and stabs a man in the head with it (gore and blood are shown in graphic detail). A man is tortured for twenty-four hours (very comedic). Most of the violence in Disenchantment is comedic, but it is still very bloody and graphic. The sex in Disenchantment is also quite innapropriate. A woman making graphic quips about sex to her daughter, who looks disgusted. A fairy also makes graphic quips about sex, and it is implied that she masturbates in one scene. A man has group sex with seals, and he moans and laughs. A girl nearly has sex with several people (they lie on a bed, make out, and begin to undress). References are made to gang bangs, orgies, threesomes, wet dreams, elf genitals and masturbation. People begin to undress for an orgy, and later on there are lots of graphic jokes about them having sex and ejaculating on a blanket while having sex. A young girl is a midwife, and she pulls a baby out from under a table. Several other sexual references throughout the series.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMithey November 29, 2018

Great show

This show is brilliant! It only has a bit of swearing, nothing to bad. A bit of gore (knife in the eye.)
Teen, 13 years old Written byZoe234327713 August 18, 2018

Great but not for young kids

in short.
7. Suicide contemplated
8. Demon constantly smoked

Kid, 10 years old July 14, 2020

OK, adult show.

Fine show. Don't watch, though, if you can't stand truckloads of sex jokes.
Violence: Moderate: 6/10
Violent, compared to other Matt Groening shows. Don't really know what else to say.
Sex: Moderate: 6/10
Tons of references, private parts, innuendo, nudity, pulling pants down, sex jokes, etc. However, it is usually not explicit.
Profanity: Mild: 3/10
Profanity, despite the show still being really adult, actually isn't really an issue. Just mild curses like "ass" and "dong".
Drinking: Moderate: 6/10
Is one of the lead characters (Princess Bean [who's a teenager] in this show) always a drinker in EVERY Matt Groening show? This is just clichéd!

Teen, 16 years old Written byLogs2468 August 20, 2018

Good animated comedy fine for mature tweens...

Disenchantment may have some jokes on the mature side, like when a man has sex with thirty walruses because he thinks they are mermaids, but nothing is shown, and nothing in this show is something that mature tweens can't handle. Overall fine for tweens.

Kid, 11 years old August 18, 2018

The funniest cartoon ever the funniest show ever ITs my favorite

I know that I say that a lot of shows are my favorite,but this is funnier than the simpsons funny. Its ironic and somewhat irreverent for a medieval show. The show does include mostly mature humor and some cursing like h**l and d*mn. It is also pretty violent but is played for laughs. drinking is also featured.

Teen, 14 years old Written bycactisays July 8, 2021

Depends on the kid

There is a lot of violence and drinking, not to mention the raunchy humour and occasional drug use in this show, but I don't think swearing and sex is much of an issue. The swearing is pretty mild and I don't think there is anything really explicit. On top of that, the show is funny and has some good messages.

Personally, I really enjoyed this show! If you are ok with the things mentioned above, I would defiantly recommend watching it.

Teen, 15 years old Written byTrackerjacker21 June 26, 2021

WOW!!

I thought it was amazing!I have no idea what the other families are worried about.....but maybe some kids would like to stick to icarly or something like that.....

Kid, 12 years old June 22, 2021

It depends on the kid

In my opinion it's fine to watch at 10-11 years old, I watched it when i was that age but to be honest I'm very used to dark and sexual jokes and violence because of the amount of anime/games I watch. It depends on how good the kid is with for that humor but overall it's great. There is a bit of sexual content with two elves but its not really shown but it's heavily implied. But mainly the humor is just why I would see where your kid is standing with that kind of humor.

Teen, 15 years old Written byHot pot7 June 19, 2021

Pretty dam good show

Pretty funny a few sex references and language such as a** t**s ba****d shmuck crap p**s and tit

Kid, 12 years old April 10, 2021

I really enjoyed this!

Honestly this was good so ya
Teen, 17 years old Written bysomeonesus March 18, 2021

When Matt Groening went too far.

I think it's a good show, the reason why I give it is because the episode with cannibals that live in a house made of candy.If that was not included to the show, I would've given it a 11 plus.

Kid, 10 years old February 13, 2021

Depends On The Kid

Overall, this show has some sex jokes, and if your kid doesn’t know what sex is, it will probably not make sense, so it’s not too big of a deal. (Not that it’s a big deal either way though, they are pretty mild.) And yeah, there’s violence. It’s pretty exaggerated, although it could still be defined as “gruesome” I guess. Depends on how mature the kid is, but 11 is probably fine. Some drinking too. Mild language.
Kid, 10 years old February 5, 2021

This show is great!

As a 10 year old my parents decided to let me watch the simpsons at a young age. At the begining of 2020 I started watching it and loved it right away. Although theres a lot of drinking and violence, but it's not too bad.
Teen, 14 years old Written byprincessteabeanie February 1, 2021

mild language and lots of sexual references

‘shit’ and ‘bitch’ used many times. not sure they’ve ever used the f word though: teabeanie (the main character) likes to get drunk, A LOT. drugs appear in the show occasionally. quite a bit of violence but it’s animated so it’s nothing too gory: man has axe swung on his head, one person is shown with a sword through their head but they are still alive. no actual sex shown but sexual references galore. tiabeanie is about to have sex with someone until he realizes she is a princess, elfo and kissy are implied to have sex, a trog (weird creatures) draws a picture of the back of her naked and gives it to elfo. sexual jokes go over children’s heads. a lot like the simpsons in terms of how appropriate it is, but depends how mature a child is. tiabeanie can be a great role model in terms of feminism.

Kid, 11 years old January 25, 2021

I absolutely love this show.

This show has a bit of cartoon gore, all funny, some sexual references and things, and a lot of drinking. It has SOME swears. But seriously, it's nothing your kids haven't seen before. Keep in mind:

ALL OF THE GORE AND BLOOD IS FUNNY AND CARTOONISH! It's a great show and I recommend it to everyone who happens to be reading this.
Kid, 10 years old January 18, 2021

The best cartoon ever - but quite a frequent amount of iffy stuff

Disenchantment is a great show with some funny scenes and characters. Parents need to know this show is designed for adults, so you may want to accompany them with some mature-themed episodes. Violence is animated, but still gory. Peoples heads are chopped off, arms, legs. People are stabbed. Some blood is shown. Be prepared for infrequent but strong language. Ass is used in most episodes. Douche, screw you. Son of a bitch. One use of dick. The sex in it could concern parents. There’s talk of sex. Some sexual tension between Elfo and Bean. Religious sex. Bean is a huge drinker. She drinks all the time, and gets drunk. This is ok for kids 11 and up!

Kid, 10 years old January 9, 2021

Not as good as his other works

A funny, dark comedy that is quite violent as has some sex but mature children should be fine watching it, though it does swear a bit more for example t*t son of a b**ch and hell damn c**p c**k and p**sy