Kid reviews for Doctor Who

Doctor Who Poster Image

Sci-fi show is great for nerds!

Doctor Who is a show that combines geeking out with wits in this long running show. Although some episodes in 2006's series 2 and Chris Chibnall's era may not be the best, it still is a great sci-fi hit. Language includes hell, bloody, ass, arse, rare uses of b***h, damn and asshat. The doctor does not believe in violence, but once in a while the companions slap him. Monsters perish with violent effects, like blood, water and sand. Some villains have scars or robot prosthetics. There are some mature themes about family and loss. For sex there isn't much, just mild innuendo, the word arse and several monsters have cleavage shown. I guarantee there are episodes like Blink that a child can't handle, but they would have great fun with the doctor at age 9 and up.

10+ or mature 9+*

*It is for mature advocates 9 and up. This sci-fi is very cool for fantasy lovers! There is rarely any language and nothing inappropiate.

Hey, Whovians!

My name is DalekExterminate369. I'm a Dalek. And I ain't no second rater, let's be clear! Each morning, I am tested, when London is infested and I quickly am requested to appear. When some Cybermen appear, or a Slitheen approaches, or your home is filled with roaches three feet high, from here to the Tardis, everyone knows The Doctor. I'm the best exterminator, pay me now or pay me later, I'm the best exterminator you can buy! EXTERMINATE!!!!!!!

TARDIS

This show is absolutely phenomenal, the only reason I did not rate this show for younger children is the science factor, this show really makes you think about things, but in the end it will all make sense, this show also requires a lot of grit to watch the entire show, each episode being around an hour long and at the time I am writing this there are 12 seasons each with around 13 episodes, this show also is a little scary, people do die, and the time travel can really begin to make you think. Do not get me wrong this show is still great I just think a child who understands some science and can get through hours of watching would be perfect for this show.

My favourite show

Doctor Who is an amazing show and really fun to watch. Although it deals with some adult themes, they are not recognisable for younger children.

Fantastic!

I have been watching this show for as long as I can remember, and it is brilliant! There is so much to say about this show and I don’t think that words can say how amazing it is! I rated it as nine plus, purely because even though I do not find it scary, I remember being younger and finding it a bit scary. Of course in a good way though! If your child is ready for some scary shows, then by all means watch it right away! But if your child gets scared then definitely wait a bit or find an episode that is not very scary.

Amazing- from a 12 year old Whovian

This show is definitely the best I've ever watched, and I've watched Stranger Things, Sherlock, the Marvel shows, Psych, and many others. This series has many incredible role models and strong female characters. Multiple writers are gay and it is a very inclusive show. The reason I rated it 11 and up is because there can be a fair amount of innuendo (especially when Jack Harkness and River Song are around) but there is only a small amount of kissing. The show can be quite scary, (my mom had to stop watching a few episodes I tried to show her) but for a tough 10 year old this should be fine. Just know your kid! There are some really good lessons to learn and the writing is overall spectacular, except for seasons 8, 11, and 12. My favorite Doctors are Matt Smith and David Tennant. They are just perfect for the roles and I love them! The first season can have some iffy episodes with CGI and writing, but overall it is fantastic. Please watch the Empty Child, The Doctor Dances, The Girl in the Fireplace, Blink, and Silence in the Library before your child watches them. The Steven Moffat episodes, while in credible and some of the best parts of Who, can be quite scary for younger viewers. As I have mentioned, I don't really get scared at any of these episodes so decide that yourself. Overall, this is an amazing show and your kid will be better off for watching it.

Amazing!

This is an amazing show! I am a die hard fan. There’s no cussing, except for one instance, where they said b*tch (once is season 8). They do say bloody hell a lot though, but I don’t think that’s swearing, just something you shouldn’t say. There are great role models, positive messages, and it’s quite entertaining. Very little violence, in fact, I can’t think of a time when there was blood shown. There is a little kissing, but nothing more than that.I think that anyone 8 and up could handle most of the seasons. A few characters “die” but not really. One of them Lives in a parelel universe, and two got sent to the past and lived out the rest of their lives there. No one actually dies until season 8 or 9 I think, so you may want to prepare your kids for that. You might want to skip some of the weeping angel episodes, because they can be a little scary. Nothing bad happens, though. Overall, I think it’s a great show if you explain to your kids things like characters dying and not to say certain phrases. There’s no sex or anything. So, yeah! If you’re comfortable with the occasional “bloody hell”, a little kissing, then 8+ for sure!

outstanding

I started watching doctor who as an eight year old. I started with the classic William Hartnell. Then I moved on to the 70s and 80s. I must say they were better. Eventually, at about nine, I started watching the newer ones. Matt Smith is my favorite one as he is very witty. I am giving it an eleven plus because lots of innocent children get killed (always offscreen) but you know what happens. There is one episode from 2005 with Christopher Eccleston (I actually saw him on the underground train in London) and lots of children are at a playground and monsters are on the loose. You see the point of view of the monster and it eats 3 children offscreen so I turned it off soon afterwards. There is also a Matt Smith episode where a little girl (sort of) is standing at the top of a staircase asking for help. I creeped me out first time round as in the lighting she looks like a ghost girl. Overall it is amazing but do not watch the empty child, the lodger or fathers day until 9 if you are not that squeamish and maybe eleven if you are.

Best show I have ever seen

I love this show not only bc it is a great sci fi show for kids and it’s really funny. But it also includes diversity like with the 12th doctor one of his companions in lesbian, and the 13th is a woman and black companions too! Just remember don’t blink!