Parent reviews for Dolly Parton's Heartstrings

Compelling dramatic tales bring iconic song lyrics to life.

Based on 1 review

Wondering if Dolly Parton's Heartstrings is OK for your kids?

Adult Written bySissy4444 July 15, 2020

Disappointed in Dolly

Disappointed in Dolly. I’ve grown up with her and her music, and have always had a great admiration for her. We muddled. through the first episode, but it was highly sexual and inappropriate for family viewing. When trying to watch the next episode, with my 77-year-old mother, the gay scenes were inappropriate. We turned it off and have no intentions of watching any more of it. For solid, Christian, viewing, this is not the show for you.
I expected a higher moral content on this show.

Adult Written byRnunn April 14, 2020

Jolene

My 10 year old daughter loves Dolly Parton and was excited to watch this show. I can’t speak for the whole series, but we had to turn off the first episode, Jolene, after 12 minutes. At least half a dozen terms for breasts, plenty of shots of a character’s cleavage, and someone propositioning another character for sex in a bar bathroom was too much for us.

Adult Written byPresley7 April 8, 2020

Good story line!

I like the songs and story line did not hear any swear words used but we enjoyed all 8 episodes we need more good entertainment I like Dolly 's songs ! Hope to see 2nd season !
Adult Written bySeriousDad December 5, 2019

Disappointing

Contains profanity and lots of talk about sex. Makes light of casual sex and loose women (and men). The “12 and up” rating is just wrong. I’m glad my 15 year old was not watching it with me!
After the first episode, I don’t plan to watch any more.

Adult Written byBabykress November 25, 2019
Adult Written byGazooRmh November 25, 2019

Refreshing

This series is refreshing!!! You can never have enough shows that pull at the heartstrings. I love the fact that the stories are realistic to the time frame they are set in and issues that were around at that time. I'm glad that Dolly pushes the envelope and these episodes are a great way to make adults and kids realize how the world is without violence, swearing and guns...if nothing else it opens the door for kids to ask questions. I look forward to a season 2 and more...

Adult Written byBrenda Lee November 24, 2019

Love It!

Adult Written bySkendeat November 24, 2019

Pulled at all my Heartstrings!

This was such a wonderful series ! Some situations not for children but you probably see worse on the news!!! It’s heart warming and good tv ! I couldn’t wait to see the next one ! I hope more seasons are added !!!!!

Adult Written bycdharwood November 22, 2019

Good for adults, not as appropriate for children

My 8 yr old daughter and I love Dolly and have been impatiently awaiting this show to land. I turned off the first episode because their was a lot of talk about sex (sex between a married couple, and one night stands with married men) and it even included a sex scene. Episode two deals with heavy LGBTQ themes and we watched the whole episode. We haven't made it through the whole series and I'd like to note that the series is rated TV 14, which is probably appropriate. Their is a lot of "language ". I was hoping since we enjoy Dolly, Dollywood and the Smoky Mountains so much that we could enjoy this together, so I'm kind of dissapointed that this isn't more family appropriate. It seems to have great messages for adults, just not smaller children.