Kid reviews for Doogie Kamealoha, M.D.

Doogie Kamealoha, M.D. Poster Image

To Much Inappropriate Context

In the first episode I thought it was really good, but by the second episode they started talking about inappropriate context. There is no need to be putting in stupid stuff like" I think I just got pregnant." Disney completely ruined a show that could have been amazing show for 13 year olds to watch. There is just no need to be putting sex jokes in it. Ten year olds should definitely not watch it. They are normalizing that joking about sex and other things in a kids show is normal. It should be PG -13.

1 person found this helpful.

Good show but if it is going to be geared towards kids make it that way.

I really like this show. Although there where some sexual jokes and bad language in this show. In one episode one of the doctors throws out the B word and then in another a girl was looking at a guy and said "I think i just got pregnant"(like really disney?) and then a mention to frontal grinding and more sexual mentions over the season. Like this is supposed to be for kids Disney! I like the show I think 12 and up is fine because most of the time it will just go over there head.

Bad Word Ep 1

Even though it is not mentioned on this website there is a bad word in the first episode.

Good

I really like this show but not good role models

Age 9 and Up

It is a very good show, but it has some kissing, and fighting with parents. If your 9 year old isn't mature enough for this, then don't let them watch it. But, in every episode, at the end, the main character, Doogie, or Lahela, records a video, and it has a positive, and inspiring message in it.

It's pretty ok

This is really good if you like drama. The only thing I don't like is when she makes all these big decisions revolving around her boyfriend. I kinda wish I could tell her that she needs to make decisions for herself, not anyone else.

She's Not Even From Here!

As someone who used to live in Hawaii, there were some parts of the show where I was like; "Oh, wow, I went to where they filmed!" or "Haha, that's too funny." But the overuse of the "alohas" and pidgin were kind of... not relatable. The show was pretty okay, as Rotten Tomatoes would say, "meh, it passed the time." I think the story was okay, but I really did *not* like the romance. As a teen, I find it funny for my friends to be getting partners at this age, but with Lahela and her boyfriend who was going to Australia (by THEMSELVES, mind you), I just think it was a bit too much. The first couple of episodes weren't romance-based, but as you went deeper... kissing! kissing! kissing! Also, for the review title, Peyton Elizabeth Lee isn't even from Hawaii. She's not Hawaiian, which is the ethnicity of her character's father (Jason Scott Lee). I feel that it's a bit inaccurate, because although they both are Chinese, shouldn't she be a bit Hawaiian? Or come from Hawaii? Altogether, it was cute, in a cringy way. Cringe rating is at least 5 for people from Hawaii looking to watch this show. If you're looking for something funny, you should watch this though. Here's a fact: I laughed as much as I cringed.

Such a cute story about growing up

This was such a fun and exciting story about responsibility, building relationships, and growing up. I really enjoyed it. There are a few sexual jokes made throughout the beginning (which I personally feel like it was NOT a GREAT way to start off the series), but as the show progressed, there were less and less I noticed. There is a mentions to puberty, but nothing to descriptive about it and the sexual, teen jokes as well. There is a little bit of language, like "dang it", "hell", and "damn", but it is very infrequent and quiet. Besides that, "Doogie Kamealoha, M.D." is a fun, uplifting, and inspiring show with great representation. I definitely recommend it!

A fun series with some older jokes and references

This as a fun series, but after some mentions of 'getting to second base' in episode 9, I thought it was not a good idea for my 10 year old and seven year old brothers to be watching this. As the episodes progress, there becomes more social/romantic action than medical and doctoring action. The plot and characters are very Disney Channel-ish, and some of them are very shallow. Overall, this is a fun series with some older references and jokes.