Kid reviews for Dora the Explorer

Preschoolers will love Dora's ongoing adventures.

Kid, 12 years old November 22, 2015

Horrible and should be cancelled.

Goatworlds here. Mediocre animation, bad plot, no action, crappy adventures, pathetic voice-acting, and unlikable characters. Swiper the braindead fox is horrible at stealing! He gives anything back when they say "Swiper, no swiping!" Just a girl and her monkey go on crappy adventures.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymattballew April 9, 2008

I lost six brain cells watching this!

This show is really annoying, and when reading the review about it, i see what they mean! I have a 5 year old at home, just turned 5, And she LOVES dora, She is constantly Repeating her self. More than any usual 5 year old. Its momma, momma, momma, MOMMA!!! (because dora tells you to "YELL LOUDER") Also not a good show, because my dad is a 3rd shifter and dora not only encourages you to yell louder but to stand up and jump up and down, This is in the Daily Programming!
Kid, 8 years old September 18, 2010
Once kids are 6, they will start to hate Dora, but perfect for 2-5 year olds! Nice animation for babies, but sometimes Swiper steals stuff, which is innapropriate. Second, going on an adventure without asking mom? Wow...Should have been canceled after the 2nd episode.

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 14 years old Written byilovecookiez April 15, 2011

Oh please guys, grow up.

Grow up guys! The only reason you hate this is because you grew out of it! This show is very educational. I mean, I understand if you hate this, but don't make things up. It's just stupid and pointless.

Educational Value
Teen, 17 years old Written byPlanner2003SD April 19, 2021

Its ok

horrible thank god its canceled Dora and Boots go on crappy atvendtures no plot no action horrbile repeating and songs and too many cheers just a girl and monkey go on boring crappy atvendtures

Teen, 13 years old Written byFatty12 December 3, 2020

Predictable

Every episode follows the same format:

Dora greets viewer
Problem arises
Singing
Random Spanish Phrases
Swiper comes along and steals stuff, bad influence on kids, all Dora has to do is say “Swiper no Swiping!” Then he says “Awww Man!” and runs away. How stupid is that?
Yelling
Dora shows the viewer how deaf and blind she is
A mini problem arrives and viewer has to solve it
Another mini problem arrives and viewer has to solve
We did it song
Dora asks you your favorite part of the episode
Goodbyes
Credits

Watch a good show like Sesame Street, Furchester Hotel, America’s Got Talent, Family Guy, or American Dad. Your kid will benefit from these shows more. And they are funny!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBOT-Windbound October 15, 2020
Ok yes, Dora does have some educational value but this show is complete trash. Don't believe me? Let's start with the fact that she can't find things that are legitimetelly next to/behind her. And she's supposed to be an explorer. She is pratically deaf, as she needs to say "I can't hear you" about a thousand times, and Swiper? It's the same thing. He tries to steal something. They say swiper no swiping. WHAT IS THE LOGIC? you can't make someone go away just by saying that simple phrase irl smh. Highly do not reccomend this.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBooklovergirl December 11, 2017

Liked it now I hate it

I USED to like this show when I younger. Now I hate it. The characters are unbelievably awful. The setting is terrible. The stereotypes are even worse. Dora is unbelievably stupid and they portray her to be a blind, deaf and idiotic girl. I am shaking from literal anger while I am writing this, but I have to. Don't bother wasting your time with this crap. Watch something that is actually good, such as Zootopia.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrome13par11 February 26, 2017

Show Ain't Good At All

Although Dora is likable to some people, I am well on the contrary to that. Swiper is too scary to sensitive viewers and is a bad example to kids. He teaches them how to steal stuff from other! Her shirt is too small and exposes her belly button! People between the ages of 2 and 5 are too young to learn Spanish. They barely know how to talk yet. The worst part is that this show may teach Mexican children and parents how to sneak into the United States illegally due to her over-inspiring nature about adventure, culture, and her willingness to travel the world and having too much perseverance to inspire people to become fugitives. Plus, it is too dangerous to go miles away from their home alone with a monkey named Boots. They could get killed by a serial killer, get lost, even with map, and go to dangerous places they have no idea about. Overall, this show is no good at all to people!

Teen, 16 years old Written bydrewbaby1616 February 17, 2017

This is just a spoof review

Dora goes to completely unrealistic places, and the antagonist, Swiper the Fox, is a complete fool.

Kid, 12 years old April 29, 2013

Dora is bad for you! Dear God, please cancel this show!

WHEN I WAS A LITTLE BOY, I LOVED THIS SHOW! NOW WE HAVE THIS STUPIDITY TO DEAL WITH, DON'T BOTHER, IT'S BAD! IT'S SO BAD IT MAKES ME WANNA PUKE BECAUSE IT HAS GONE DOWNHILL! DO NOT WATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dear God, please cancel this show!
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Ugh....

Dora is not helpful, and does n ot help younger children learn. Ok, a talking monkey who wears boots? Thats not helping... A blue buffalo named benny, a green iguana who speaks spanish and a fox named swiper who steals Dora's dumb stuff. Yeah, that sure helps kids learn.
Kid, 10 years old May 17, 2021

Annoying and Cringe

its became cringe. too much 4th wall breaking, crappy songs, terrible iq. its annoying how the show became STUPID. When you turn 7+, you start to hate it. Its fine ig,,, it teaches some culture and isnt that bad... its just so crappy, cringe, etc. etc. The show IS SAFE AND OK FOR KIDS
Kid, 8 years old August 26, 2020

Uh

Nope. Dora never says please.. She does say thank you. Teaches kids spanish. Dora yells at people and Swiper is not a good role model at all!

Teen, 13 years old Written byOliverDeBrisbane November 29, 2019

Boo This Is Crap

Watch The Numtums, not this garbage. Rubbish.

Teen, 13 years old Written byNoOneSpecial February 24, 2019

Oh puh-lease! Get a brain, Dora!

Oh my goodness! She is so dumb when she asks, “Where is the _____?” Like, it's right behind you! Get a clue. Despite its “educational purposes” (the TV show includes Spanish words and terms, etc.), it's incredibly boring. Even as a kid, I thought it was dull. There could probably be a psycho behind her and she would ask, “Where's the psycho killer? Where is he?” That would be the end of Dora the Explorer.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCreeperKnight244 July 13, 2017

OMG THIS SHOW DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!!!

this show is beyond annoying it is very slow paced. dora "plays" with wild animals in the rainforest without adult supervision!!! also she wears a belly shirt and when ever you see her lift her arms you can see her belly button. that is not appropriate for children of this demographic. also she drives in the car with her irresponsible cousin without looking where they are going and without using their seatbelt!!!! OMG this show is annoying!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBobvil 360 July 10, 2017

So much violence!!!

This TV show is just not for kids it has lots of bad stuff like puzzles!!! And stupid games I'd say 24+

Teen, 13 years old Written byKathrine S. September 17, 2016

really innapropreitte

cuz she screams and stuff. And is violent n stuff. do nit watch.

Teen, 15 years old Written bysquishy723 April 9, 2008

DORA IS AWESOME

EVERYONE NEEDS TO WATCH DORA!!!! AHHH ITS SO AWESOME!