Kid reviews for Dora the Explorer

Preschoolers will love Dora's ongoing adventures.

Bad Show!

Here are reasons you shoudent let ur children watch this show-
1. Dora screams at people, and tells people what to do. Exact opposite of what you want a young child to be learning.
2.Dora is not educational in any way what so ever! She cant teach spanish by saying 'bien!' or 'hola!' They include talking stars and animals, and rainclouds! Thats not right!
3. Dora likes to scare young viewers. My little cousin doesnt like this show because it includes an evil troll who tells dora 'im gonna get ya! Im gonna get ya!'
4. Last, but NOT least, they include stealing in every episode. From swiper the swiping fox, and from dora, who steals something from an enemy.

So parents, face it. Is this what you want your young children watching and learnig? Yelling, Screaming, being bossy,talking earth, scary trolls and thunder and bulls, and stealing? If your letting your kid watch this, go the other way, and watch Blues Clues!
Kid, 8 years old September 18, 2010
Once kids are 6, they will start to hate Dora, but perfect for 2-5 year olds! Nice animation for babies, but sometimes Swiper steals stuff, which is innapropriate. Second, going on an adventure without asking mom? Wow...Should have been canceled after the 2nd episode.

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 17 years old Written bymattballew April 9, 2008

I lost six brain cells watching this!

This show is really annoying, and when reading the review about it, i see what they mean! I have a 5 year old at home, just turned 5, And she LOVES dora, She is constantly Repeating her self. More than any usual 5 year old. Its momma, momma, momma, MOMMA!!! (because dora tells you to "YELL LOUDER") Also not a good show, because my dad is a 3rd shifter and dora not only encourages you to yell louder but to stand up and jump up and down, This is in the Daily Programming!
Teen, 14 years old Written byilovecookiez April 15, 2011

Oh please guys, grow up.

Grow up guys! The only reason you hate this is because you grew out of it! This show is very educational. I mean, I understand if you hate this, but don't make things up. It's just stupid and pointless.

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Ugh....

Dora is not helpful, and does n ot help younger children learn. Ok, a talking monkey who wears boots? Thats not helping... A blue buffalo named benny, a green iguana who speaks spanish and a fox named swiper who steals Dora's dumb stuff. Yeah, that sure helps kids learn.
Kid, 12 years old April 29, 2013

Dora is bad for you! Dear God, please cancel this show!

WHEN I WAS A LITTLE BOY, I LOVED THIS SHOW! NOW WE HAVE THIS STUPIDITY TO DEAL WITH, DON'T BOTHER, IT'S BAD! IT'S SO BAD IT MAKES ME WANNA PUKE BECAUSE IT HAS GONE DOWNHILL! DO NOT WATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dear God, please cancel this show!
Teen, 15 years old Written bysquishy723 April 9, 2008

DORA IS AWESOME

EVERYONE NEEDS TO WATCH DORA!!!! AHHH ITS SO AWESOME!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAlejandro0000000000d September 17, 2016

really innapropreitte

cuz she screams and stuff. And is violent n stuff. do nit watch.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTommyhead October 31, 2013

Boring!

wake up. dora is for babies. aged 1-6
Kid, 9 years old January 13, 2013

How Dora Is Good

This is a really good for 2-5 year olds. It has no violence, bad words/mean words, or drinkings/drugs/smoking but it does have romantic sayings like Dora & Boots saying "I love you" to eachother.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysupercookiejar November 19, 2011

The whole world talks

Its ok but its kinda dumb i mean everything talks after my
baby brother watched it he started talking to a tree no lie
and after you turn 7 you notice how wierd it is

My IQ dropped

Dora is very annoying. She yells at the kids and drops random Spanish phrases. She's rude and talks to strangers and goes on adventures alone. Dora is also very commercialized and has a whole marketing empire.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfsdghuk July 21, 2020

Too Raunchy

My 4 y/o daughter watched this show and the next thing I know, her name's Classi and she's working at the twisty turner getting ones thrown at her all day. Would NOT recommend.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMusiclovergig June 26, 2020

Doesn’t hold up

It’s one of those shows that you respect as a kid, but as you grow older you realize that the show is absolute garbage. I think a lot of people like me have the same opinion.

Teen, 14 years old Written byDogcat May 8, 2020

i used to watch this when i was little.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLoranikas303 February 19, 2020

Dora’s name almost sounds like Dory from Finding Nemo

I can’t believe I used to loved Dora when I was little and now I don’t like it. Dora is really annoying and it is the classic preschool cartoons. Dora does screaming, shouting at viewers and her voice is loud. The Animation is more like the 90s and the colors are too vibrant. The plot is boring. Oh, I thought the plot is fun. Dora kinda looks fat like she’s eating too much McDonald’s and exercising too long. Swiper the Fox is a burglar and wants to steal Dora’s stuffs. He says “Oh, man!” every time. Dora is a rude Latina girl who screams at viewers such as “Vamanos” and cheers. I don’t want my dad let my sister to watch Dora because she is annoying and makes my sister scream and acts like a spoiled brat but she didn’t watched Caillou. Some other abomination shoes make my sister scream. Why my dad doesn’t care about Dora? He said “do want to watch Dora?” Then my sis dosen’t know so she watches Om-Nom shorts, Puppy Dog Pals, and Leo the Truck but I don’t want Puppy Dog pals because my Sister is going to be a furry. My Sister loves furries. She is also an artist. I can give 0 stars because Dora is Annoying. Watch something better like Sesame Street, Leo the Truck but not in CSM, and Octonauts even Finding Nemo.

Just Keep Exploring! Just Keep Exploring! Just Keep Exploring! Exploring! Exploring! What do we do we Explore! Explore! Explore!

Teen, 14 years old Written byiEvmi January 26, 2020

2 opinions

Dora has awful manners, yet most people have manners like Dora they don’t say please, like Dora who yells Say _____.

Teen, 15 years old Written byosito_bonito01 January 11, 2020

Not Bad but not Great

When I was a baby I would always watch this. I found it catchy and entertaining of course now I find it boring.
Kid, 12 years old January 9, 2020

Wow! This is quite educational.

This show is great! I have only 2 Dora DVDs so far. This used to appear on Nick Jr. and now appears on CBeebies (I think). It's about a Spanish girl named Dora and her monkey named Boots. It has a funny Portuguese version where Swiper the fox says 'Arrè boumas!' which might mean 'Oh man!' in Portuguese.
It's aka, inc! You should watch this.

Teen, 13 years old Written byOliverDeBrisbane November 29, 2019

Boo This Is Crap

Watch The Numtums, not this garbage. Rubbish.