Parent reviews for Dr. Dee: Alaska Vet

Vet reality has heart -- and lots of bloody surgeries.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written byCjkelly November 27, 2020

Awful

As an animal lover I did not enjoy this show at all. One episode had multiple bulls restrained while having electrical instruments put up its rear end to collect their seman. The poor bulls were clearly traumatised and it was not nice to watch. The next episode they had to get a baby calf castrated and they used no pain relief and the Mum cow was in distress in the same pen trying to protect her baby. I enjoyed watching the mum cow head butting the doctor as she clearly deserved it.
Adult Written byAnna V. October 5, 2016

My nieces and nephews range from 8 to 18 and they love Dr Dee. They see the real world through a professionals eyes. The surgeries are real but my boyfriend of 40 + crindged more during surgeries-the kids were inthrawled- She is an inspiration to them.

This is a great show for kids from 8 on up. I was in Fairbanks on business and Dr Dee actually has a 4-H group started from 8 to 18 for pre veterinary medicine - she is wonderful in person as she is on the air and the kids love her. She pads most subjects but encourage 'reality' of life to all of them.

Parent of a 14-year-old Written bySusan T. September 25, 2016

Great Show

We all love this show. My son 14yrs old and my 19yr old daughter love love love this show. They want to meet her.

Adult Written byAmanda J. July 31, 2016

Crazy

First off, "do you want your balls cut off"? Are you serious? That is offensive and just unprofessional. How can they put that on tv? I've noticed they recently stopped airing that part of the commercial, so clearly they knew it was wrong. Also, I saw a video of Dr Dee castrating a calf with several people and with the mother cow watching. They were basically attacking and abusing the calf to get it still when they should have used a tranquilizer. The mother cow then attacked Dr Dee and the others because she saw them hurting her baby. I urge you to watch the video. It was very disturbing, she should not be a vet and she should not be on tv.
Parent Written byTisha Adkins June 24, 2016

worried about some of the things she says

As a mom I'm worried about some of the things she says in her show. like in one of the shows she ask a animal if it wants its balls cut off. That is not something that should be said on a show for kids.