Parent reviews for EastSiders

EastSiders Poster Image

Based on 1 review

Very self centered characters

There is nothing deep or complex with the script or character portrayals in Eastsiders. The self centredness of the gay characters filled me with despair and after a few episodes I was quickly turning off the banality of the dialogue and storyline. Nothing else seemed to matter between the characters other than their selfish emotional needs. As one character remarked: "It's ok to be selfish if it makes you happy." Therein lies the message woven through this endlessly tedious script. It's about time gay characters were portrayed in a more inclusive light of being truly part of the greater community and far more three dimensional than this series portrays. Unfortunately, a big thumbs down for me.

I wish this was around for me as a young teenager

I was stuck in a very dark home. Just the thought that people like this existed would have improved my life considerably. Just because they drink too much and are sex addicts would/could not have changed my predilections in these areas. The positive image I would have taken away from this is there are people like me who exist somewhere -- and I will be able to escape the abuse, mental and physical, I underwent for 18 years -- having no hope it would ever end. This is a POSITIVE show with a POSITIVE message to young people.