Kid reviews for El Deafo

El Deafo Poster Image

Nice little show but sometimes inaccurate to book.

This show was very cute, and I enjoyed watching it in my free time. I loved the detail of making cece's adult voice-over a deaf lady. The art style stayed true to the book but there were some mix ups with the teacher's names and order, the pacing, and even some whole chunks of the book not in the show. I also didn't like the poorly made super hero role model that cece was made to look up to in the show. I missed all the Batman and Robin references. Overall a pretty okay show. Read the book first, though :)

Good overall

The only “inappropriate” thing I could think of is the word hell which isn’t actually inappropriate but if you don’t want your kids seeing the word hell then steer clear but otherwise it’s a good book. Semi educational and good attention keeper.

Inaccurate to the bok

The book and the show has a lot of things in common But some things are inaccurate to the book. Some events do not happen (like cece moving) an some things transforms into something else (Like ceces mom being a spider instead of tieing her to a chair) It has a great story but if you want your kids to have accurate stuff just make them read the book. Also apple tv+ is way too much

Relatable

One time my brother watched too much Wubbzy and now i have to wear hearing aids to school.

Excellent reboot of the iconic book.

Although it runs for 3 half-hour episodes, it tells a lot about a deaf child embracing her differences.