All parent member reviews for Ellen's Acres

Not yet rated
Adult Written bypatty65c April 9, 2008

My 3 year old keeps asking to see it

I think that Ellen's Acres is an adoralbe show that shows children that you can have so much fun and adventure if you just use your imagination. My 3 year old loves it and asks for the show at night. I had to record it so she can watch it whenever she wants. I am upset that it seems to have been pulled out of the 930 am time slot. My daughter keeps asking "Where did Ellen go?"
Adult Written bychrissycartoons April 9, 2008

ADORABLE!

I have worked in television, and love my nieses and nephews, and THEY love the look and sweetness of ellens. BEAUTIFUL bright colors, great imagination. NOT like the fast flashy stuff out there. Enjoyable! WATCH IT!
Adult Written byblooeyez622 April 9, 2008

Great New Show for Kids

I think Ellen's Acres is filled with many images and concepts that will fill any child's imagination and help them learn at the same time. Kids will be able to relate to Ellen and the different adventures she encounters. I don't have children, but I babysit alot, and if the show becomes steady on cartoon network, I'll be sure to get them to give it a try. I've been a fan of cartoon network for a long time, and I think it's great they are trying to expand thier audience to children. I think many of their shows are original, and that's what makes them a hit with adults. I think a show like Ellen's Acres will make them a hit with kids as well.
Adult Written byam April 9, 2008

Watch it!

I'm a teacher and my students LOVE this program. More importantly, their parents love this program as well! Tune in!
Adult Written bynadergirl08 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byAuntie Cheryl April 9, 2008
Adult Written bylodi April 9, 2008

This is a great show!

Finally, Cartoon Network has an awesome show geared towards young viewers. This imaginative cartoon held my children's interest, they couldn't wait for it to come on the next day. I'd say "Watch out Dora".
Adult Written byps April 9, 2008

Fun and Imaginative

Ellen's Acres will engage young children with its simple bright images and imaginative flights of fancy. Ellen takes us along on several adventures in each short episode. Each fantasy is triggered by something that occurs in her real life. The transitions between the imaginary and the real life segments are smooth, clear, and fun for young viewers. The stories focus on Ellen and her fantasies. The adults in the show are peripheral. The viewer knows Ellen’s parents and other adults are there but they do not play a central role in the show. This is reminiscent of the role of adults in the Peanuts cartoons. In effect, the point of view is Ellen’s and, by extension, that of the young children who are the target audience. Preschoolers will identify with Ellen and her imaginary adventures. Each is entertaining and brief; obviously crafted to catch and hold the attention of young viewers. Each has a satisfying conclusion and returns us to real life again. Ellen’s Acres is a fun, creative, nonviolent show that parents can feel comfortable watching and discussing with their little ones. I highly recommend that you tune in and see for yourself!
Adult Written byDaisyButterfly April 9, 2008

Cute, Fun, and Imaginative!

Ellen's Acres is my daughter Kathryn's favorite show to watch in the mornings. She laughs, giggles and plays along with Ellen as she takes her on an imaginative journey through jungles, underwater worlds, magical kingdoms, and all sorts of fantastical settings. The characters are so cute as well as the writing. Its truly a 'must-watch' for ANY parent and will expand your child's imagination. Kathryn is five and loves all types of cartoons, but I think Ellen's Acres is her favorite...actually it IS her favorite!
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Worth a peek or two or a hundred.

I have a pack full of little cousins who have watched the show and insist on seeing it all the time. It's a cute show that should be made a permanent fixture on the network!
Adult Written bysgcurry April 9, 2008

excellent pre school , funny , cute, and entertaining

As a family therapist I work with a lot of kids. THis is an excellent preschool program. Preschool children have vivid imiginations and short attention spans. This program will keep them focused,and I believe help them to utilize their imiginations constructively. I don't believe they would have any problem with the transition between imigination and what is real. This is what preschool children do. I see far to many chidren whose imiginations are supressed and force to grow up too quickly. This is one of the better preschool programs I have seen and stongly urge you to continue with it.
Adult Written byE412664 April 9, 2008

Imagination ... it's a good thing!

Ellen's Acres is a fun, imaginative and delightful new show for young children. The viewer can share in Ellen's keen imagination, and then a realistic "real world" explanation follows. Great learning device for little ones. The central family includes hip, young parents; and a terrific female lead character, Ellen. From beginning to end, Ellen's Acres is a winner.
Adult Written bySoccerMom12 April 9, 2008

GIRL POWER!

every girl needs a role model like this protagonist!
Adult Written bybringbackellen April 9, 2008

Bring Back Ellen's Acres Campaign

Ellen's Acres has sadly been pulled from Cartoon Networks schedule. I’m starting this campaign to save “Ellen’s Acres.” I learned about this fabulous show from a good friend of mine. She kept telling me how her toddlers eyes were glued to the television watching a new program called “Ellen’s Acres.” Unfortunately now, my friend has to explain why it has been taken off the air after two short weeks. “Ellen’s Acres” inspires preschoolers. Fortunately, I’m not alone. Several child advocacy groups are supporting this campaign, one of them is The Miracles of Hope Network http://www.miracles-of-hope.com. These organizations have agreed to display banners and help spread the word to save this show. There are several ways you can help. 1. The best way is simply to watch the show on Cartoon Network’s website http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/app/index.html. Every week the show will be available for people to watch on their site. The more people watch, the better chance for “Ellen’s Acres” to be put back in the weekday broadcasting lineup. 2. The “Bring back ‘Ellen’s Acres’” petition has been created. You just click the link http://www.PetitionOnline.com/saveea35/petition.html and sign your name. Post the petition link on messages boards, mailing lists, email the petition link out to your friends, anyone that cares about the quality of children's television programming. 3. I have gathered emails of several Cartoon Network executives where you can express why you love the show and want to see “Ellen’s Acres” back on their network weekday line-up. Misty Skedgell Vice President, Corporate Communications misty.skedgell@turner.com Leigh Arwood Manager, Public Relations leigh.arwood@turner.com Steve Smith Vice President, Government and Community Relations steve.smith@turner.com Lisa Tobias Director, Media Relations lisa.tobias@turner.com Thanks for your help! Every time you watch and every comment you post really helps make a difference for the show and helps to secure the future for quality children’s programming. If you want even more information or want games for kids to play, you can check out Ellen’s Acres official website www.ellensacres.com Any help you can give is much appreciated. Thanks for reading my mission statement.
Adult Written byred_penguin April 9, 2008

The cartoon for ALL!!!

This show is adorable!!! I've seen a few episodes online and on Cartoon Network! My 5 year old loves Ellen so much....she talks about her adventures to me all the time! Her little friends also like this show and they have their little "talks" about egyptians, monkeys, and even Ellen's mommy and daddy. What's even better, is I love to watch it with her! It's a serious bummer that Ellen's Acres is not longer on the air! PLEASE PUT IT BACK! :)
Adult Written bydesignergirl April 9, 2008

Wonderful show for children!

I absolutely love this show! I have two children who are 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 and they both enjoy it. Usually they like to watch seperate things but this is one thing they agree upon. I have to say as a parent I love it because I don't have to worry about editing it for them. The content is not too mature and they don't deal with issues that I have to explain or say "now that wasn't nice and we should never do that". I just read on here something that said imagination won't save this Eloise wanna be and personally I don't think Ellen is anything like Eloise. She's much better. I grew up with the Eloise books and my sister gave my children the movie for christmas . . . we are shelfing it. Too many things she does I have to say "don't say that . .That was not a nice thing to do" etc. My husbands comment on Eloise is she's a brat. Nothing like Ellen. Ellen is so cute and fun and what you would want your children to watch. I'm very picky and don't like them to watch T.V. often so when they do, it had better be something worth while. It's great the imagination she has and I can see my 3 1/2 year old using her imagination a lot more since we've been watching it. Ellen's Acres is definately 5 stars and I would recommend it to anyone with children. I usally put it on so I can get the laundry started, dinner, etc. but the funny thing is most the time I end up sitting and watching it with them. It really is a great show. I sure hope it comes back on soon!!!! Amy