All parent member reviews for Eureka

Adult Written byVTXbikerchic05 July 16, 2010

not for my family but maybe for others

i hate eureka, it appalled me the first episode i tried to watch with the family and it showed a chick on the bed wearing black almost see through bra and underwear and i said "CLICK" and turned it off. that is not something i want to see being a woman let along my kids to see it..
Adult Written byJetlag April 9, 2008

Good

I really find this entertaining. I enjoy the idea that there's a secret town of highly intellegent people out there trying inventing wonderful, new things!
Parent of a 10, 11, and 13 year old Written byMike Weston July 26, 2011

Not a science lesson, but also not a waste of time

It's a decent, turn-off-your-brain entertainment for young adults and their families. The only thing that keeps it from being a good-for-all-ages show is its propensity for sexual innuendo. It's unnecessary to have it in the show, but almost every episode has some allusion or other to sex. Some may call me a prude, but I don't think that children NEED to have sex thrown in their face every time they turn on the television; especially when it is between unmarried people. On the UP side, the show does discuss a variety of REAL scientific theories, discoveries, and concepts. Don't expect that you'll get SMARTER by watching Eureka, but at least you won't regret wasting an hour of your life watching it.
Educator and Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byclcfh May 8, 2011

Choose a few scenes, but save the show for when they're older

There are some great nuggets in this show, but it's not for kids. The sexy stuff is my biggest concern. I do, however, occasionally choose a scene for my eight year old. The show incorporates some real science, extrapolating to fiction in interesting ways.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byMom to Tween January 23, 2011

Something mature tweens can share with mom and dad

I have been looking for something that will hold my interest and appeal to my 11-year-old daughter. Yes, there is some language, the teenaged daughter can be mouthy and there is some innuendo (which goes over my daughter's head, thank goodness!) but it's a small price to pay for the message that science geeks are cool, strict dads are loving and courage is admired. The relationships among the characters are multi-dimensional,which is a refreshing change. We also love the plot twists and mystery to figure out every episode. I would never let her watch this alone, but for family fare, we both give it two thumbs WAY up!
Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written bygabajoran September 4, 2009

Mostly positive. Check individual episode ratings.

I'd rate this ON for kids younger than 14 because when you look at the entire series--not just an individual episode--it's mostly a great show appropriate for younger kids. I have screened some episodes and not let my daughter watch one or two but they are the minority. Overall the show is inventive, smart and funny. Science is spotlighted. The "difficult" child turns out to very responsible and smarter than she realized. When things go wrong it's dealt with responsibly. The person who solves many of the town's problems is not the smartest person in town but he's got common sense. The few issues I don't like aren't common enough or bad enough for me to feel that I should stop my 11 year old from watching it.
Adult Written byBoiseNoise March 9, 2012

I'd rather my teens watch this than many similar shows.

The father-daughter portrayal in this series is far more positive than how parents are portrayed in most teen series. The father is clearly an authority figure, and his daughter, for the most part, respects him. Even adult sex is played down and what's shown on screen is pretty clean compared to what I've seen on a lot of other shows. I really like this series, and I would feel much happier about watching it with my kids than, for example, My So-called Life, or Kyle XY.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byroyalbri December 18, 2010

Adult Written bycoolmonkeys July 31, 2009

Adult Written byZoe_Washburn April 9, 2008

Fantasticle

The best show on tv. I even have my mother hooked. Smart, fun, entertaining, and above all, sci-fi.