Kid reviews for Everwood

Engaging but controversial show for teens.

Teen, 17 years old Written byScout Collins September 24, 2013

Everwood Is the Best TV Show EVER.

Everwood is a super-amazing show. Unlike Disney sitcoms, where editors have to add laughing effects so people know when to laugh at the un-funny jokes, Everwood is actually funny - kids, teens AND adults will all laugh at different things in the show.

I won't give away the plot, but so far (I am in the middle of Season 2) the show has been breathtaking and unbeliveably outstanding. It is my favourite TV show.

The only things that might be inappropriate to an audience of age 11 and under is that there is some smoking and drug use (discussions, actually showing it, etc.) but smoking and drugs are a real part of life and this show really explains deeply the cons of drugs/smoking.

There is some swearing but the writers of the show use swearing "tastefully".

There is hardly any violence/sex shown in the show.

The writers wrote and developed the characters SO well that anytime something bad happens to a character I like (or even one I don't like) I feel really sad! The writers made the characters so real that once you watch the show you actually get to know them as if they are real people.

Everwood is a REAL show about REAL people and REALISTIC events. Almost every episode deals with some kind of medical-related thing (widely ranging from things like teen pregnancy, bulimia, AIDS, a debate about anti-depressants, etc.).

This show explores real relationships (romantic, sibling, parent to child, boyfriend/girlfriend, etc.) and it isn't one of those shows where if something bad happens (e.g. one of the characters is diagnosed with cancer) it is dealt with in one episode and by the end of the episode everyone forgets that something bad happened in the first place. If something bad happens, the characters remember it and have to deal with it.

The show explores first girlfriend/boyfriend relationships. The show portrays them very realistically. The show also explores parent - child relationships. The main characters in the show don't have perfect families; often there are disagreements and fights and the characters (like in real life) have to learn how to deal with them.

I could go on forever about how unbelievably wonderful this show is, but I'll just finish by saying it is the closest to perfect any TV show has ever come to (in my opinion).

I was so disappointed to find out that the show was cancelled after Season 4. It really deserved to have 10, or even 20 seasons because it was/is so fantastic. Please do watch the show, I promise it won't be a waste of time.

Teen, 13 years old Written bywishucdb3Dlkme September 9, 2010