Parent reviews for Every Witch Way

Every Witch Way Poster Image

Will go down in TeenNick History

I advise this show to your tweens and teens as it has a great plot, likeable characters, and a very catchy theme song. The show follows Emma Alonso a 14-year-old girl who is moving to Miami. She meets her Best Friend Andi, Crush Daniel, and worst enemy Maddie. In season 1 Maddie can be a bit of a brat but in Season 2,3,&4 she is a much better person. Emma deals with friendship, romance, schoolwork, and your basic teenage problems all while realizing Emma is a Witch, but not just any Witch. Emma is the chosen one. But Emma isnt the only Witch at her high school. The Mean Girl/Queen Bee Maddie is too! Emma and her crush Daniel have a will they-wont they relationship. the show shows Kissing which is the most sexualized thing in the show and Kissing isnt even sexualized. In season 1 our charcters are Emma, Andi, Maddie, Daniel, Katie, Sophie, Mac, Diego, Tony, & Gigi. Season 2 we have Emma, Andi, Maddie, Daniel, Jax, Katie, Sophie, Diego, & Gigi. Season 3 is Emma, Andi, Maddie, Daniel, Jax, Mia, Katie, Sophie, Diego, & Gigi. and for our final season, Season 4 we have Emma, Andi, Maddie, Daniel, Jax, Katie, Sophie, Diego, & Gigi. This show is one of the greatest Nickelodeon Dramedies of all time and I advise your kid to watch it. Its on Hulu. It also has a spin-off Starring Andi called WITS Academy that is also on Hulu. Your kid will garauntee enjoy this TeenNick show.

Richie wizard

Terrible

Ok, don't even bother watching this. If you want to see a show about wizards, go watch Wizards of Waverly Place. So basically, this bland girl named Emma moves to Miami. She meets her best friend, and this guy named Daniel, who has little to no personality in him. Then we see Maddie. She is a downright jerk. She is possessive of Daniel, tortures Emma for the fun of it, and is even a jerk to her comrades. This is basically a love triangle with other forced love triangles on the way. The special effects are tacky, the actors should have been fired after the first episode, the camera angle is terrible, and you don't feel like you are in the story at all. If you like watching mindless things that will provide you with mindless entertainment, this show is your paradise.

Pretty good.

A very great show, it's pretty good and I would recommend this show for children 10 and up it has 3 seasons and A spin-off called W.I.T.S Academy. One thing I have to say is they have some horrible actors but it doesn't make the show not good though.

Nickelodeon has changed it's attitude

This was a great show, There was a mix of plotlines and storylines, yet it wasn't stale like many modern Nickelodeon shows and each season improved, Season 1 may have focused too much on Maddie's superficiality, but the next seasons were different from that, even the filming got better and so did the writing and acting, and I agree with Gregory's comment, it's a good show for those who got tired of how Nickelodeon has become in the modern generation, and it didn't rip off Wizards of Waverly Place like the haters said, it adapted from Latin Nickelodeon and had different storylines, yet there were good morals that a lot of modern Nickelodeon shows lack, there were also twists that again the other shows lack, it's so sad to see it end so soon after only 4 seasons, but at least it's having a spin off about Guardians and Witches in a Magic Academy, but, it was a true breath of fresh air for Nickelodeon's otherwise awful attitude.

A True Refreshment for Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon has really hit the bottom with shows that rely too much on bathroom humor, using it the wrong way, and fake, unrealistic dramas that too much resemble Disney Channel's modern shows and have laugh tracks on every single part, But they apparently changed their attitude by making something good for everyone of all ages and worth watching, This is a true fact, Every Witch Way was a show about a girl who moves to Miami, and meets Andi, her best friend and Daniel comes up to her, Daniel is a member of The Sharks swim team, and he's allergic to butterflies, which is unusual for shows, Yet, Maddie, and The Panthers, a cheerleading team have a fight, and Maddie's anger "physically" causes a storm through the house, The Terrible 3, Daniel's brothers and sister pull pranks, funny ones, There are villains who the characters have to face, which hardly happens nowadays on kids shows, Yet there are even positive morals that teach you things, like never lie(All seasons), never judge a book by it's cover(Season 2), revenge is never the solution to your problems(Season 3), To those who say that it's bad to not have a laugh track, including YOU Emily Ashby, It's better without one, as they ruin the entertainment value, there's a lot of comedy, even without a laugh track, To those who say that the camera quality and lighting are bad, it's not, It's actually HD quality, similar to what eyes see in person, same goes with the lighting, and unlike the unrealistically grainy, choppy-quality shows before and most of the shows after it that you would expect on old Hollywood movies and other Nick sitcoms, like Drake & Josh, iCarly, Victorious, Sam & Cat, etc, to those who say that the filming techniques are bad, They're not, they fit with the mood of most scenes, and are done right, the Nickelodeon show with the worst camera work was The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo, which looked like the cheapest Mockumentary around, and to those who say the sets look cheap and fake, they are actually very detailed and expensive, Average people can't even afford most of the stuff that's there, There's actually a plot as a matter of fact, funny, sometimes dramatic, sometimes actiony, a tiny bit of slapstick, like Maddie's anger storms Diego's Earth control and Jake's power fight moving the screen image and Emma's Pinocchio-like spell on Andi, with fake and cliche sounds of Andi's nose getting longer, you choose, which many modern Nick shows in the new generation lack or have little of, The acting was below mediocre(subpar/horrible (as reported by many and Emily Ashby)) during the first season, but it got better throughout each season, and MUCH better in Season 3 & 4 than it was in Season 1, And you might not believe this, but I read on actor/actress biography sites that they trained at acting when they were at very young ages, much younger than during the show, There's no true sex on it, there was kissing, but the way it was done wasn't for mutually sexual purposes, like in PG shows, but more like out of true love, like when somebody helps another or saves one, and then there's a kiss, which usually happens in fairy tales, (Although that kiss Francisco and Ursula made in the Series Finale was harsh and "weird") even though those in this show didn't always have deep sleeps before them, A few of Disney's classics used kisses without deep sleeps, which shows you different concepts of such things, and yet it's rated G, and there are no butt or fart jokes (no bathroom humor at all), gross objects or suicide jokes (like in post-movie SpongeBob SquarePants), The studio sounds are also realistic as well, 90's shows have quiet backgrounds and echoey voices, with a bit of static sound, and a lot of modern shows have equalized sounds, but no echo, This has both equalized sounds and some echo on some parts, which somewhat captures what our ears hear, but the cameras and microphones, like all others, can't accurately capture the feel and sound of super loud noises as they are above their limit and will cause clipping and distortion, unlike our ears, but still, it's good, and to those who say it rips off Wizards of Waverly Place, it didn't, it was an adaptation of a Nickelodeon show from a foreign region, a Latin American region, (as many people found out from research) but Nickelodeon has the rights to adapt Latin American shows into their versions, and that's not a problem, they can change the plots and storylines, and make the plots unpredictable compared to their predecessors, And the soundtracks are awesome, very vivid and addicting, yet in all kids of different styles, from cartoony, to light/heavy rock, to rap pop, to rap, to upbeat, to swing, to sad, to futuristic, to classic, to dramatic, or even more, very realistic, which hardly any shows on Disney Channel and Nickelodeon nowadays have, It's a real hit for Nickelodeon and proof that Nickelodeon can still occasionally make good shows, and as one of the actresses announced on commercials about the new show that's coming up, it's going to be a good show as well and everyone believes it as every single cast member is right, It was a HORRIBLE shame for it to end so soon, after only 4 Seasons, Yet Disney Channel's shows never exceed 4 seasons, yet a lot of Nickelodeon shows run longer, but thanks to it's weeknightly format, it ran for 1.6 years, about as long as most Telenovelas, and I even met the cast 4 TIMES, since I am their biggest fan, and very judgmental about what's true and what's not, and they were SO nice to me, and I even got a few gifts from the set, Yet unlike many Nick and Disney Channel shows, This show was set in Miami, which is in Florida, and I live in Florida. I know where in Miami they film it, It's a MAJOR Breath of Fresh Air for Nickelodeon, I have been trying to log on in here and I had trouble doing it, but I now know the user name, password, location, etc.. and this show deserves more than 2 stars, it's WAY better than that, Maddie's superficiality was only in season 1, the next seasons were COMPLETELY Different from Emily Ashby's descriptions, It deserves 5 Stars and not 2, It should also be on the Best Sitcoms for Tweens and Teens section, But like everyone said, with what Nickelodeon has been going through, Nickelodeon will never be the same again, but awesome job otherwise dead Nick.

Teaches Children attitude

Ever since my 7 year old daughter started to watch this show. She began giving everyone bad attitude. She has also pretended to have problems with her classmates about boys. This show is pointless I would rather she watched full house.

fantasy, creativity and lifes lessons

all of the above are learned and observed while watching this show. its fast paced and fun.

The best show ever

Me and my family think it is very appropriate for all ages