Kid reviews for Evil

Evil Poster Image

I'm not evil

Whoever named this show is mean!

Long review, but skim it anyway. You might not want to miss it.

This is not a fairytale and this is not a family show. Not every show needs to avoid gore. That is absolutely the director's choice in expressing his vision. This is not meant for kids who can't handle a bit of gore or lewd imagery. The show tells a story, and the director has used every tool at his disposal indiscriminately. That being said, a kid who wants to see this shouldn't be stopped(barring special circumstances). Watching a bit of violence won't make a criminal. Teach your kids to be peaceful, not harmless. That's exactly the message of this show, and they enforce it very consistently. I'd say, if you can, this is the best show to let your kids watch at 14 years of age. They'll be better off already knowing what the world has to offer at this stage. (Because the real world has had plenty of psychopaths like the ones in the show.)

This is Evil!

The demon checks the girl's underwear! Don't watch it!

Evil!

Great show for teens and adults

The show can be scary at times but for me, Leland (the main villain) is scarier than all the demons. All the paranormal things are graphic and can be scary, there’s a lot of blood and gore but Leland is horrifying because of how real he could be. He’s a psychopath who manipulates characters into doing terrible things. He threatens to kill the main characters kids, burn their house down, and encourages a young man to kill women that are out of his league because he believes that “women are pigs.” Besides Leland, there’s a lot of violence including stabbing, people getting shot, punching, etc. There’s not a lot of language but there is some sex implied and shown, but no private parts are shown. The show centers around Christianity but it’s not hard to follow if you don’t practice Christianity (I don’t) Lastly, there are some drugs (David buys and uses drugs to see ‘visions’ and there’s an episode where the main characters drinks are spiked so they hallucinate) but not a crazy amount. I love this show, I’d say it’s great for mature teens and adults!

Disturbing, but in a good way

It's very Catholic-oriented, but that doesn't bother me personally. It would make it better if they would include other denominations more though. It isn't scary, but it is disturbing in a good way. I love how the plot was crafted so perfectly that everything connected in the finale. There's some content that might bother some people such as violence, etc. (as the name would suggest) but surprisingly little swearing. I like how it leaves you to draw your own conclusions, too. Honestly I never would have expected myself to like it, but I really do.

Ok show, too much sexual content

This is an ok series, but there are too many references to sex for kids. Several people sleep together, and demons are very inappropriate and scary. This series explores the human psychology, and contains people being possessed, but some characters appear possessed but are just insane. Main characters are attacked, throats are slit, and lots of murders are described and committed. For mature teens only!!!

It's great!

This show is amazing. I think it would freak little kids out though. I think this show is good for teens and adults. It talks about sexual things, it honestly depends on how you raise your kids and if they're mature enough.