Kid reviews for F Is for Family

'70s-set animated comedy is spicy but surprisingly nuanced.

Teen, 16 years old Written byAaron Short September 19, 2018

Funny show, very mature

I don't understand who decided this should be 14+, very good show but a 14 year-old would find the humor upsetting. This is a very funny adult show, emphasis on ADULT show.
Kid, 12 years old June 14, 2017

Amazing and (probably) realistic look at a dysfunctional 70's family

This show is absolutely amazing. And with the 2nd season just released, it has become even better. We follow the Murphy family, as they go through realistic situations. i think this show would be even better if i'd ghet all the 70's references and got nostalgia from it, but since i'm 12, that's not the case. now i'm gonna show some Plus- and minuspoints for this show

Good:
-it's extremely realistic.
-it can get really funny...
-... and really sad (which i think are 2 things that a good show needs)

Bad things:
-the swearing is extreme. and i don't really mind swearing in cartoons but this show has f#ck in about every minute and at some point it gets pretty annoying as the characters seem to be swearing really unnecessarily at some point.
- the animation is not really my type

Teen, 15 years old Written byalexb05 June 16, 2021

great show, very mature

I love this show, I can't wait for the next season. It's funny, but also touches on the importance of family and good decisions. There's lots of cursing from children and adults. The parents and son smoke, and they have a cocaine-addict neighbor whose addiction is more of a punchline than a lesson. It's alright for anyone over 13, there's minimal nudity in most episodes and the sex is always blocked by something so it's not too graphic. Not something I'd recommend watching with your parents tho lol

Teen, 15 years old Written bySoccer-Boss-88 January 31, 2021

It may seem unoriginal, but it is phenomenal

It may seem like they’ve already made a million shows like this, but I assure you this one is different. While it is outrageously funny, it is also incredibly nuanced. It covers a variety of different topics in life. There is a lot of swearing, some bullying, and teens making irresponsible choices. Mature teens and up.

Teen, 14 years old Written bywill_thrill123 January 2, 2021

VERY GOOD SHOW!!! but crude humor.

F is for family, is a great show for adults and mature kids, 15+.
swear words like f**k, s**t, and even c**t are used.
but if you are mature, it is a fun show to even watch with your family.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJK5906 December 24, 2020
Teen, 16 years old Written byMusiclovergig December 7, 2020

Good

It is funny but really over the top and full of swearing. It has a mix of over the top comedy and serious depressing themes, it can work but it could work better in this show. BTW, definitely not for kids.

Teen, 15 years old Written byDogcat November 27, 2020

F is for fail!

Don’t watch this trash. Also is animation makes me want to puke!

Teen, 15 years old Written byLoranikas303 November 27, 2020

F is for Fail

I think it's more worse Family Guy! Why there are kids there?! These characters have sex especially teens, they say bad words, and the dad is annoying! Also, the animation is horrible and solid! Why adult cartoons have terrible animation? Because I think the animation is made for adults because it's related to all of adult cartoons. These colors are too solid! And the title is childish! Don't watch this terrible show!

Teen, 13 years old Written byYoungSypherLS November 19, 2020

It depends on maturity not age

i think this show is for like 12 years old and up but mature 12 year olds if they are just 12 years old but not mature then dont but im mature and i think this is good
Teen, 13 years old Written by9002K November 8, 2020
Teen, 13 years old Written by9029K November 2, 2020
Teen, 13 years old Written byJk9000 October 18, 2020
Teen, 13 years old Written byJk90210 September 24, 2020

Teen, 15 years old Written byJayden12911 September 15, 2020

Teen, 17 years old Written byDarkSeraph12 August 3, 2020

Good but sometimes quite serious

Can be quite dark and serious

Teen, 17 years old Written bySupaGamaXDA1234 November 18, 2019

Good but not for kids

There is some violence, language (few F words), only one sex scene in one episode of season 1, some racism and drug use.

Teen, 16 years old Written byStarry me July 8, 2019

Definitely not for kids

The show contains mature themes and its dark comedy includes disturbing content, even if you as a teenager or your kids are okay with swearing, some violence and sex and nudity, the theme of this show might upset them and affect them badly. Great show tho, i would recommend it to more mature teenagers and adults.

Teen, 13 years old Written byYS99 September 4, 2018

Teen, 13 years old Written bylunchtimebackpa... July 17, 2018

Really Great TV series. Bit Dodgy for People my age

From this review , i can tell he has only watched the first episode, there is also c--t and also any other vulgar words, also there is uses of cocaine and weed and also menstruation, also underage sex with older women and erections . NOT FOR 12 YEARS OLD