Kid reviews for Falling Skies

Falling Skies Poster Image

Intense sci fi. Is good, but very violent

In this show it gets more intense every season. The first season is fine, nothing but some swearing and some non gore shooting. In the second season, there is torture and a lot more blood and they pull out a black alien thing out of someones eye. There is also swearing, drinking and drugs which makes a good character go mad. In the third season there is a new and more intense plot with a lot more guns and there is a couple of sex scenes. Also an alien device goes into someone's nose his eyes go white he struggles and it looks duisguisting. In the fourth season there is a sex scene and a naked lady in a cocoon but you see nothing. Characters also get choked to death and shot, you can also see an alien device go into someone's arm and they take it out with a knife. Overall, I think this series should be limited to mature Tweens.

Good show about aliens.

The story is good with lots of action and a bit of humor. The acting is well done. The effects are pretty good too. Some good messages. Obviously violent with a bit of alien blood. Some sexual content and innuendos but nothing inappropriate is shown. Some mild language like a-- and d--n. Overall, a pretty good show with some stuff that may be too scary for some children.

The Idea Behind It Was On Point.

Speaking from a teens' perspective, I think that it is a harmless show. It won't scar you for life. It definitely makes you think, though, and it is very, very violent. The language, to me, is very bad. I'm a person who is surrounded by this type of language everyday 24/7. So it doesn't really affect me. But for someone who, you know, is more sensitive to these types of things it might be somewhat overwhelming. The worst it got was Son of a B----. Yes, there are a lot of guns and violence. No, there isn't really a sexual theme to it. And Yes, it has somewhat a good plot.

Be caustious

The story is a rather scary one, but for the first two seasons, I would say if your child is thirteen, it's okay. But on season 3, you want you son/daughter to have the "talk" and understand it. It isn't prevalent in the show, but there are some scenes in the first few episodes that are rather explicit, and I would recommend skipping those scenes.

good show but a lot of violence

Now I am 13 and I have been watching since the first season. This show has very little sexual content all they do is kiss and that is usually it. Now with the language they do cuss a little but not much and in the show there is a bar but people do not get really drunk and there are no drugs involved. there are people who die in this show and there is a lot of violence like for example there is a little boy and he has to help somebody save somebody whos head is stuck on rebar so there is a lot of fighting and dying so I think that if your 10 yr old is mature enough they should watch it cause it does have a really good story and good characters but no kid under 10 should watch it because it could scare them

Best Show Ever

Barely any blood shown (alien blood). My favorite show. Great and interesting storyline. I'd even suggest it to some 8 year olds!

Not a kids show

This show is not for kids. there's too much violence, kissing and language like he-l and -amn!

Good

Falling skies

I absolutely love the show, at the present time I am 14, but I began to watch the show when I was 13. I've watched bones, fringe, ncis and horror genre ever since I was little so I don't think any thing of concern for this show. I think the show is appropriate to watch, but I would stray away from presenting the show to kids who don't wach action or survival shows that are frightened easily. I have a cousin who finds Harry potter and some scooby doo movies/ episodes frightening (she is 9 years old) so I wouldn't show her this show. I have another cousin who is 7 and she choses to watch shows like ncis, bones, medical surgery documentaries and I would allow her to watch this show and not think twice. The show in total doesn't have a high concer for children, there aren't any sexual references, sex scenes or inferred sexual referenced. The only thing relative to this section is a teenage girl and boy kiss, an adult man and woman kiss goodbye and a conversation between two people wondering how the aliens increase in numbers asking if they are hermafridites or reproduce like humans There is ONE occasion when a man over the age of 40 has a sip of scotch and another occasion where the same man says to a 13 year old boy "If you were older we would give you a glass of whiskey," it is said quite lightheartedly , this statement is expressed after the teenage boy was attacked by an Alain and is in the medical bay suffering from shock.

My favorite character is Ben Mason!! :)

This is my all time favorite show! Language is being used more and more frequently as the show goes on, but the worst it gets is h---, d--n, and a--. Since the characters are fighting off alien "skitters" and "mechs" there is a lot of violence. However it is not usually gory (only the scenes of medical surgeries and children being harnessed are slightly graphic). There are many battles against the aliens that involve the use of varieties of guns and also a few bombs. The skitters will most likely frighten young children (they sort of scared me at first, they look very real). The aliens are also abducting teens and controlling them with these creepy harnesses that may also scare younger children. Not so much in the first season, but as the show has gone on, characters have started to form interests in one another. These relationships are realistic and have good depth, nothing you wouldn't want your kids to see. Mainly, some infrequent kissing is seen, however, there are some references to slightly more going on (nothing is visible). Tom Mason is a deeply caring father who only wants to do what is best for his three sons: Matt, Ben, and Hal. He is a role model and leader for everyone throughout the series, even if they don't always agree with his methods.