All parent member reviews for Family Guy

Parent of a 14 year old Written bykate33 April 30, 2011

WORST,INSENSITIVE,OFFENDING, SHOW ON TV IS FAMILY GUY

DISGUSTING, SICK, VULGAR, INSENSITIVE , OFFENSIVE SHOW...
Parent of an infant and 7 year old Written bySteffauri516 September 3, 2010

A Hit and Miss program

Family Guy is a good show, mainly for teens and young adults. It's raunchy potty humor and random hilarity keep young teens interested but there are some very mature subtle subjects that get dropped into the program. While some of the episodes end with a good message or moral-lesson, for the most part they are all the same in their crude humor and lesson-less programming. This show is on for kids age 13 and older.
Educator Written byMr. Carthic May 3, 2010

mINORS NO

this show could be is rated TV-PG, TV-14 (edited), and TV-MA (uncut). no one under 18 may watch this and should be on HBO or a pay channel.
Adult Written byLuridHope November 18, 2008

Bonfire of the Humanities

You don't have to be religious nut or even particularly moral to identify Family guy as an ethical train wreck. This show is loathsome towards woman, and finds humor in making a mockery of sexual violation and wanton murder. I don't know how this one flew under the radar here at common sense.
Parent of a 1 and 5 year old Written byMimi37 November 3, 2011

Life is too short for watching something like this

It's incredibly misogynist. It's a lot of other things too, but the frequent jokes about rape and the running joke about how fat/stupid/ugly/worthless the whole family openly thinks the daughter is are what I object to the most. (Example: in one episode where the family home is being burglarized, a running joke is that the daughter is too ugly for the burglars to rape.) The show's creators and fans argue that they make fun of everybody equally and the whole point is that it's so un-PC, and if you're offended you just aren't getting it. No, I get what they're doing -- I just find it repellent.
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo June 26, 2010

Absolutely not for kids, are you kidding me???

There is absolutely no reason a child should be viewing this show. Kids younger than 15 should not even know what this show is about. This show is iffy for ages 16-17. This show is CRUDE, sometimes DISGUSTING. If you are a parent, please don't show your kid this show. There is absolutely no reason for this show to be seen by children. I am somewhat shocked to see that any children have reviewed this show. I do think it's a funny show for adults, but I would think poorly of a parent telling me that they are in favor of letting their kid (pretty much at any age under 17-ish) watch this show. And I am a pretty live and let live person. This show is just too over the top. The role models lie. Rampant sexuality. Continuous drinking, drug and pedophile references. Rape is made a joke of, as is the treatment of women as objects. As an adult, you laugh at its absurdity, but for kids, what kind of messages are you teaching them? Remember, they're sponges.
Adult Written byimconcernedblah... February 26, 2009

ITS MAURE, ITS INCONSISTENT, ITS LEWD yet...

I love it!!!!!!! Brilliant without sacrificing slapstick.
Parent Written byheretohelp May 1, 2012

Let children watch!

When I first saw my son watching this show I was concerned. I sat down an watched the show with him, just to check it out. I do recommend this show for people who like comedy. And it is safe for children, as long as you let them know not to follow the shows actions or laguage.
Adult Written byTryingtoHelp February 26, 2011

Funny show for people 12 and up.

I started watching this show when I was 8 (ignore my name, that is a joke), but I do NOT recommend children under 12 should watch it. The show contains occasional graphic violence such as people's heads exploding and being shot with a lot of blood, a lot of sexual content including frequent sexual references and jokes, strong language (however the worst words like the S and F words are always bleeped), along with uses of meth, crack, cocaine, and marijuana. The show also features terrible messages not to be taken seriously like converting people to atheism and condoning marijuana use. The characters are also terrible role models, and almost every character does something terrible whether it is killing, drug use, drinking, perversity or more. Overall, the show can't be taken seriously, but it is not a show for children under the age of 12.
Parent Written bymelanin April 17, 2012

Not for either party

This show is a very Un-godly show. I believe it should be taken off the air!
Adult Written byBballbeast8 February 1, 2011

Innaproprite

It's a great show hilarious but very innaproprite
Parent of a 12 year old Written byThe Cool Mom February 17, 2010

The latest episode mocking the Down's syndrome girl as a daughter of Sarah Palin - broke the camel's back. I have had enough. Obviously we have a writer who hates Sarah Palin so much that he is willing to attack people with Down's Syndrome just to take a swipe at Sarah Palin. This is childish. This is foolish. I didn't tune in to see your political views. I certainly don;t think it is appropriate for you to mock people with disabilities as though it is "cool" to you target demographic of 14-18 year olds. So much for tolerance. I will no longer allow this show in my home. If I am somewhere else where this show is on I will loudly speak against it. I will no longer buy merchandise associated with this show. How dare you! Where is the approval process for the writers which allowed this to air? It's not funny - it's tastleless. I have had enough.
Adult Written bytvgirl June 30, 2009

Seth MacFarlane's Humor is One of a Kind in "Family Guy"

This show is R-rated comedy for prime time. It is a good show for teenagers and adults to laugh at. It has a lot of one-liner humor, situational humor, and shock value humor. Episodes have parodied political situations, other media, religious beliefs, everyday situations (such as meeting your in-laws), and even their own broadcasting station FOX. This is NOT a show for kids and is intended for older teens and adults, this has even been confirmed by the show's writing staff. It is funny, unpredictable, and on it's way to become the next "The Simpsons". Bottom line: The show is usually rated TV-14 DLSV. Ages 16+. 5/5 stars. Enjoy.
Adult Written bybaba 1 April 30, 2012

Famil Guy is not for kids

I think it's a rubbish show, not for kids, contains lots of blood and gore, parents, make sure your kids don't watch this rude show, they may get serious nightmares.
Adult Written bydumbhead89 April 5, 2012

not for kids at all

it should me tv-ma i dont see how it flies with tv-14's
Parent Written byblackmustangs075 September 15, 2011

Teen and Up

Many issues about drugs, smoking, drinking, language, and sexual content. There are a lot of sex references. Sometimes characters will be under the blankets. No bad parts of the body are shown, except sometimes you can see a character's butt.
Parent of a 1 year old Written byNK17 July 25, 2011

the main reviewer is an idiot

these days children turned 9 but under 11 should watch these w/ an adult, just watch for beer and swearing, they are in every episode, the pop culture references are fun... but people really overreact, Parents say Iffy For 13+ CSM says Iffy for fourteen-SEVENTEEN the TV-PG and TV-14 show did instantly set off the FCC and raise eyebrows, alot of people hear it and think crude, it is very funny and smart, AD is a waste of time, and if u think this is too profane... it is but south park makes this look like Yo-Gabba-Gabba Message 0/5: It is an extremely intelligent show but Peter and his dysfunctional family are not role models-- Violence 2/5: Most episodes have no violence, in one episode Meg becomes a punk, slapstick violence in many episodes but the "Chicken Fights" are as bad as it gets-- Sex 2/5: Couples try to have sex, some innuendo like "boobs"-- Language 3/5: "b!tch" "H3ll" "sucks" "dou(he" "crap" "anus" and other light-hearted profanity stronger words (i.e. "s--t" "c--t" or "motherf---er" are bleeped but very rare)-- Consumerism 3/5: Lots of references and jokes to various Pop-Culture; Specifically Star Wars and Robot Chicken-- Drinking/Drugs/Smoking 2/5: Adults drink beer in many episodes-------------------- Overall 18/40
Educator Written byshashabel9 July 6, 2011

THIS IS BAD

My kids watched it I turned it off. My kids just like cartoons.
Adult Written byperfectsense April 15, 2011