Kid reviews for Family Guy

Contrary to its title, this isn't a family show.

Kid, 12 years old July 30, 2011

It really depends on your kid's maturity. So funny!

Absolutely HILARIOUS!! Seriously, I couldn't stop laughing!
Kid, 12 years old July 17, 2009

horrible show should not be on air

bad show that nobodyshould really watch. it's a bad show. lots of alcohol & drugs. Strong language. Strong sexual content that even adults shouldn't be exposed to. Lots of offensive language that's offensive against races & religions. Too violent. It's studpid because like every season they have this dumb clip where peter fights a chicken and it takes like 10 minutes out of the show. No good role models and very bad messages.

Kid, 9 years old September 3, 2016

family guy

funny moments.

sorry memes

Teen, 13 years old Written byGHlegend777 July 21, 2009

LOL Show, but not for young kids.

Despite the concerns I have given above, this show is iffy for ages 12 and 13, but fine for 14. My concerns are conversed following this sentence.

LAGUAGE: Assuming you watch the show on TV (FOX, TBS, Local Channels), the most taboo words are bleeped out. Only d***, a**, h***, bi***, ba*****, are used.

SEXUAL PRESENCE: Mild sexual innuendo, sometimes using a fully naked Peter, used in a comical way, with his fat covering his genitals. Other than that, there is two episodes that involve nudists, but it shows no nudity. Once again, in some episodes, the female genitals are shown, as well as the male genitals, but are once again bleeped out.

VIOLENCE: Violence is present in about 3/4 of all episodes, once again used in a comical way, most times.
About 1/4 of all violence is meant in a non-comical way. Alcohol is present in near every episode.

DRUG USAGE: There is usage of cigarettes and marijuana (marijuana in very few episodes, as with cigarettes).

MESSAGE: Very few positive messages. Sometimes doing good deeds is the message, while other times the message is that marijuana is okay (the worst message).

ROLE MODELS??: Family Guy is not a good role model for young children, but children over 12 should be responsible enough to not use these actions, and 14, the child/children are definitely old enough and responsible enough to handle it. Every episode, except one or two, is rated TV-14, which I think is a wise choice, rather than TV-MA, which would drive away a lot of viewers and give parents a bad idea about the show.

I am a VERY responsible child, so I was allowed to watch this at 10, way back in 2006. This is one of my favorite shows and I watch it daily, albeit on DVD and TV. Up to the Volume 3 DVD set(NOT SEASON 3) every thing that was bleeped out remains bleeped out. Volume 4 and up, it's uncensored, so keep that in mind if you buy a box set for an age 12 or 13 child.

Thanks,
GHlegend777

P.S. Marijuana is in the Volume 7 DVD box set.

Teen, 16 years old Written by1visualFXguy August 16, 2015

This show is HILARIOUS but inappopriate!

To be honest, I LOVE this show. I've been watching ever since I was 14 and haven't stopped yet. But it is very bad. If you are a Christian, it makes fun of God and Jesus a lot. For example, one episode showed God in bed with a woman. Another one said that Jesus's miracles were nothing but fake magic tricks. I'm a religious person and that offended me. The show makes joke about suicide, rape, cancer, AIDS, The Holocaust, 9\11, domestic abuse, people with disabilities, child abuse, animal abuse, and practically every other bad thing, but it's all in the name of comedy. Now it's time for the review:

Violence:Frequently bloody and gory violence appears in cutaway gags. One scene showed Elmer Fudd shooting Bugs Bunny and then cracking his neck.

Language:Hell, damn, a**, b*tch, b*stard, crap, pissed off, sucks, penis, vagina, dick (as an insult), balls, bloody, douchebag, retard, scrotum, fricken, freaking, jackass, a**hole, nuts, rape and several others are said in practically ever episode. F***k and s**t are always bleeped.

Sex:Frequent sex jokes. Peter's butt is shown in one episode. Meg attempts to rape Brian in one episode. Jokes about bestiality, rape, incest, pedophilia, auto-erotic asifixiation are made a lot. Homosexuality is a frequent topic of conversation. One episode is where Mayor Adam West tries to legalize gay marriage. One episode even went as far as to make fun of abortion, but luckily that episode is banned.

Drinking, Drugs, and Smoking:Frequent jokes about illegal drugs like crack, crystal meth, marijuana, LSD, and many others. Brian tries to legalize marijuana in one episode. Drinking and smoking are present in practically every episode. One episode is where Peter develops a smoking addiction. Peter hangs out the bar and gets drunk constantly. In another episode, Peter gets drunk and thinks he's Homer Simpson. One scene parodied Sesame Street and put Cookie Monster in rehab. It even went as far as to show on the toilet, burning cookies as if it was heroine. It was HILARIOUS, :D.

Consumerism:Everything from The Muppets to Sesame Street to Smurfs to The Flintstones to Caddyshack to Bob's Burgers to Futurama to Adam Sandler gets parodied on this show. McFarlane has probably spoofed EVERYTHING from the 80s, and I mean EVERYTHING! It also makes fun of a lot of other adult animated shows.

I hope I helped, :D.

Teen, 16 years old Written bysweetygirlxx September 20, 2015

Funny Show

I think that family guy is a good show for kids 13 and up. It has some sex,drinking and some language. It is a funny show for teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written byjiblete August 12, 2020

Good

it is a good show and appropriate
Kid, 10 years old August 6, 2014

Family Guy Review.

I think this show has a little too much sex and swearing but the quality and comedy of this show is off the charts. I think a lot of kids would love this show it is just that too many parents these days are way to over protective. Do you think that if somebody sees sex on TV do you think they are just going to go and do it? I didn't think so. Next time your kid asks to watch Family Guy I think you should give it a chance.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHeq073198 January 17, 2012

BIRD IS THE WORD!!!!!!

Okay y'all, it's time to grow up, and quit freaking out at every little joke made. If this was supposed to be a kids' show, they wouldn't have "parental discretion is advised" at the beginning of the show!!! This show is not for lessons in life, it's for laughs! And it provides plenty of those, I assure you. This show makes fun of EVERYBODY so it's kind of stupid to take offense when there is no one it DOESN'T make fun of. You either make fun of no one or you make fun of everyone. They chose to make fun of everyone. Me and my brother LOVE this show and watch it together and joke about it when he comes home from college. Somebody calling the chicken fight stupid? It's one of the funniest parts! Everyone hating Meg? That's the point! It's hysterical! Stewie doesn't really try to kill Lois in the newer episodes, and in the new ones he is a LOT funnier than the old ones. Psycho killer baby? Kinda funny. Pop-culture obsessed, actor/singer/choreographer/writer baby? HILARIOUS! But my favorite is Peter. He is BEYOND FUNNY!!!!!! He bought a mentally challenged horse!!! He is probably my favorite comic T.V. character ever!!!! All y'all younger kids rating this as a stupid show are probably just mad that your parents don't let you watch it. Y'all have to put this into context. IT'S FOR ENTERTAINMENT!!!!

Kid, 10 years old December 2, 2009

Offensive, dark, and disturbing, but appeals to tweens and teens

This is one of the most offensive, politically incorrect television shows I have ever seen. The are nonstop ripping on Jews, gays, blacks and handicapped people. It's crude, lewd, and overall sick and twisted. I am not a fan of the show. There is something to offend people of every religion, race, and culture. There is a frequent use of language and sexually explicit scenes and dialogue. This show is one of the most disgusting, low, and offensive thing I've ever seen. This is not really funny. It's dark and disturbing. Of course, everyone has a different opinion, but this show was not appropriate for children my age. 13+

Teen, 14 years old Written byjairamr11 August 17, 2017

A Great Show! Parents Strongly Cautioned

This show has a lot of sexual content, which can not only get disturbing but also make yourself feel uncomfortable. It showcases many drugs, smoking, and alcohol. The language in the show isn't too bad. Words like bast*rd, or b*tch. In my opinion, I think that each episode should have its own unique rating. Some episodes contain lot's of sexual messages and jokes, while other's can contain little to none. If I could create my own option, I would say this show could range from ages 12-15 depending on the episode.

Teen, 17 years old Written byMjanikas July 10, 2017

Cmon

It's not worse than South Park it's for mature 12 year olds in my opinion it's in my top 3 adult cartoons not better than South Park or the simpsons give it a shot it's really funny but warning if your parents don't like don't watch it
Teen, 13 years old Written byCWau15 March 4, 2017

One Of The Best Shows Ever

This show is unlike anything ever seen before on television, and that's what makes it incredible. It is unique, bold, daring and stands out from the rest. Admittedly it is very rude, however teens would have heard far worse at school. Very strong language is sometimes used, and there are absolutely hilarious sex references and innuendos. The flashbacks are pure genius, and it is a show not to be missed by teens. Parents should let their 13 year olds watch this, because it is unfair to prevent someone from watching a show that is pure genius.

Teen, 13 years old Written bynbc24weatherman April 9, 2008

The show needs to go.

I may get a lot of flack for this, but: This show needs to be off the air. It's rude, raciest, violent, and just down right insulting! I dont know how anyone could actually watch this show.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTMus12 February 20, 2021

Stop being Karens!

Guys, let children enjoy their time, Family guy cannot affect on their behaviour or their attitude much. Thing that happen in there mostly are unnatural and impossible to do, so that means they will not do those things in real life! The show is hillarious and pretty enjoyable, of course it has some violent and sexual acts but that's not affectable on a person's behaviour in real life, although i still want parents to watch over their children and be careful so that the situation doesn't escalate and the show becomes a reason your child did something unacceptable. But that is most unlikely to happen

Kid, 10 years old August 7, 2017

Great Show! Newer ones innoproppraite, but still great fun!

As long as your child is mature enough, try it out, it is full of a lot of innaproppraite
Content but it depends if they can handle it! If up your kids are mature, give it a chance, if that doesn't work then look into some other things. But there's lots of worse thing then this cartoon.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySlasherFan July 6, 2017

Some episodes are good and some are bad

I would personally let any teen watch this show but violence is an issue as well as swearing, watch on fox and it is fine for 13+

Kid, 10 years old October 21, 2015

Awesome Show

It's mostly clean, with innuendo going over kid's heads. Peter is not a good role model, though he is funny to watch. I would recommend it to families with kids 8 and up. Anyway, this show is perfection

Kid, 11 years old October 26, 2013

plz

This Contains Strong Language, Strong Violence. Moderate Sex References,Drug Use. It Is Good Proggrame.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySomebodyRandom October 13, 2012

It's A Pretty Decent Show

This show is absolutely hilarious. But the only thing that I think goes to far with the sex is Quagmire's perversion. But I gotta tell ya, this show is seriously not as perverse as South Park. This show should be for 12 and up. But, it really depends on the kid's maturity. If the parents can handle it, and the kid is mature enough, and if the kid is under 12, than maybe he or she should watch it.