Parent reviews for Farscape

Complex sci-fi thrills from the far side of the universe.

Adult Written byCommanderC April 9, 2008

Too bad they canceled it...

This show is one of the few truely original sci-fi shows. You'll either love the puppets or you'll hate them. Or, like me, you'll start off with dislike and move towards acceptance. It's hard to rate the language category because all swear words are completely made up. Parents should know their children, but most teenagers should be able to handle, and enjoy this gem.
Adult Written byaileronguy April 9, 2008

A good adult/older teen show

And I wish it was still on TV... It is(was) about time a sci-fi show came along with more than a surface plot, and this was it. Funny, visual, and imaginative are the ways this could be described. Definitely for adults and older teens, but the kids may hear you laugh during some parts of it.
Adult Written bystargategeek May 3, 2010
I personally love FarScape but i don't think kids should watch it because of the sexual content in the later seasons of the show

Parent of a 7 year old Written byrachel4missions July 4, 2009

There IS some language and violence, but a good show still...

Crichton uses words like "a**" and "hell" and the occasional "d***". However, it's relatively tame language and most of the words are made up, such as frell. it's a great and original series, and while younger kids (around 10 or 11, I think) might be bored, if they want to watch it I'd definitely let them.

Adult Written bymamakate April 9, 2008

an adult fantasy that is OUT OF THIS WORLD!

I wouldn't let my tween watch this show because it is very violent and sexual. But I TOTALLY love it as an adult. The writing, acting and character development are excellent! The story lines are interesting, thought provoking and often HILARIOUS! The sexual tensions are wonderful and the special effects are incredible! especially for a TV show! I really miss it. Very sad that they canceled the series.