All parent member reviews for Fetch!

Adult Written by4femme May 7, 2010

Exciting & Educational!!

This could be one of the best kids programs on television. My kids love it and have learned so much. Kids learn about teamwork, science, critical thinking, about many different job types and so much more. The show does a great job of showing SMART girls & boys. Learning can be so much fun. I love watching just as much as they do. Should be on the air permanently!!
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byblissful June 14, 2010

Education, cooperation, genuine caring for others: PERFECT!

This show is about as perfect as it gets. The group of kids split into teams to learn about something new each week. It's highly educational, and demonstrates fairness and teamwork. The kids are celebrated and rewarded for knowledge, teamwork, and working through their own personal challenges (e.g. - a kid is given "bonus points" for overcoming her fear of heights to help a teammate). One kid wins each week, and all of the other kids applaud the winner and support each other. The kids can choose to keep their prize or give it to someone they feel deserves it more, and often the kids DO give the prize to someone else who overcame a personal challenge. The kids treat each other so nicely and respectfully, and the educational value is off the charts... my husband and I learn things we didn't even know on this show! It's engaging, fun, and just a fabulous show. Our youngest started liking it at age 3 or 4, and our oldest still loves it at age 8. I hope they keep liking it for a couple more years.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bycavonnah November 21, 2009

Awesome!

My son gets his homework done every day just to watch Ruff Ruffman! He loves this show!! He loves to build things and he has learned and gotten ideas from the show to build and explore new things. I can't recommend this show enough!!
Adult Written byobionemama April 9, 2008

I can't wait to watch it again!

There are lots of shows for the preschool agegroup, but as my girls are getting older, It was getting more and more difficult to find a show that doesnt just skip the 5-9 agegroup and go directly boy and makeup crazy tween shows. Fetch! is great! it keeps my kids attention, is age appropriate, and they enjoy turning off the TV when it is over and acting out what they just watched! I highly recomend this for everyone with 1st and 2nd graders.
Adult Written bylmkramer507 April 9, 2008

I like it as much as the kids do.

I like the humor in this show, and my kids are learning a lot from it. I rode on a roller coaster with my five-year-old, and he just kept shouting "Gravity!" and explained to me how there are no engines on roller coasters and how gravity makes them work. This is a fun show that kids learn a lot from.
Adult Written bys.petercampbellii August 31, 2015

Subtle Homonyms mask Expletives!

Fetch welcomes his audience, "Hello Fetches!!!" Aside from what definitely sounded like Hello Female Dogs, the phrasing was exactly like any adult comedian would use. Personally I don't want my 9 yr old yelling to her friends across a crowed room what she heard on this or any other show, that seeks to be cool and current above being decent. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that there are engaging shows like this out there. But the phrase in question, is plain old lazy, careless writing by individuals who either have no boundaries or have no kids!
Parent Written byMenotomymom October 20, 2012

Smart, Fun Show for Kids

Clever, fun and educational. Wish they did not stop producing this show!
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 19, 2012

The best game show ever! Why did it have to get canceled?!

I loved this show.It was really funny,it was educational,ect.My friends and my mom LOVED this show while it lasted.
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 18, 2012

One of PBS Kid's finest moments.

This is the best game show,the 2nd best PBS Kids show (next to Martha Speaks),and one of my favorite shows of all time! I mean,it is super edacational (It teaches math & science),really funny (Ruff never fails to make me laugh),and entertaining (my family and I always watch it everynight.) I only hate Blossom (because her personality is SO blah).Other than this this show gets a perfect 5! I've never missed an episode and I have no idea why it got canceled.Probaly to make room for that horrible The Cat In The Hat Knows A Lot About That show.Sniffle sniffle.
Parent Written byembeau October 21, 2010

Interactive and entertaining

Love this educational show for my four year old. It is her absolute favorite and she learns things from it as well!
Parent of a 6 year old Written byGooglyBearxD July 22, 2010

Work It!

I Got To The Dishes And A Little Laundry While My Child Watched It Didnt Even Make A Sound I Just Loved It!
Parent of a 5 year old Written byborzecki July 21, 2010
love it teches children maners and common sense
Parent of a 7, 10, and 12 year old Written byPattye June 9, 2010

Fun and Educational

This is a great science show for grade schoolers which also teaches a lot about culture and geography and history. Excellent show
Parent of a 5 and 6 year old Written bymnaught January 25, 2010

I would recommend this to anyone!

From Will, age 6: I think the show is great because it's a big mystery. I mean, it's not an egg hunt. I think there is a lot of suspense and clues. I didn't even realize it was science! I would recommend this to anyone who is into action or adventure or science.
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byamadaras July 12, 2009

Great for the whole family!

Funny, fast-paced. Feels like a 'grown up' or big kid show, but completely fine for my 6 year old to watch when my 3 year old is around (and I'm pretty picky). Very educational and lots of fun -- I enjoy watching with her! The three year old is npot interested, but there's nothing in it she can't see.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byomommie June 9, 2009
Parent of a 7 year old Written byspotter April 9, 2008

fun and engaging

reality, toons, learning. good show.
Adult Written bysss April 9, 2008

entertaining & educational

the show is great for kids even as young as 5. older children ages 7-13 (including mine) also enjoy the competition in this show. my kids love it.
Adult Written bylisadoc1 April 9, 2008

My son calls this "Survivor for Kids!"

We have been using our DVR to catch "Fetch with Ruff Ruffman" every day. My son loves the challenges and can clearly relate to the activities. His favorite contestant is Kalil! It's a fun afternoon show.
Adult Written byact5221 April 9, 2008

My 7 yr old rushed in to see this every day!

This was a fantastic show! My daughter didn't quite get all the parts (she's 4) but my 7 yr old so LOVED it. He learned from the challenges and thought about how he'd do it. He thought the kids were great and really liked that they were just kids like him. He really loved the wacky intros of the kids each day. The problems with the Fetch 3000 were always good for a laugh too. The best part was that all the kids shared the winner's prize. It was great to watch as a family together and I can't wait for season 2!