All parent member reviews for Franklin

Parent of a 2 and 6 year old Written bygris126 April 9, 2008

Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bygypsywife April 27, 2011

Great for young kids

The shows are relevant to young children - being afraid of school, meeting a new friend, not being too bossy - it allows them to relate to the stories, we like to use Franklin to reinforce behaviours.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byfaroffstar April 2, 2010

Obnoxious.

I understand that this is a children's show and kids will be kids, but honestly, Franklin almost always spends the majority of the episode causing or creating issues and handling them the wrong way. Not enough time is spent focusing on the wrong behavior. Honestly, almost every episode Franklin does something obnoxious to his friends, who always forgive him. On top of that, does anyone else find Beaver to be one of the most obnoxious characters on television? Why do they hang out with her. Why do any of them hang out with Franklin for that matter. I can't stand this show.
Adult Written bydalandkris April 9, 2008

90% Negative, 10% Positive

Franklin is a charming and well-presented show which addresses age-appropriate issues in an eventually-constructive manner. Our two older children (now 6 and 7) watched Franklin for several months when they were younger, and we watched it with them. The problem is that, for 90% of each show, Franklin and/or his friends clearly show the wrong way to address the issue at hand. Not only does Franklin always handle a situation the wrong way initially, he spends the rest of the show exaggerating the problem. Only a few minutes at the end are allowed for resolution; not enough to drive the point home. Sure, kids are kids, and they may not know how to handle situations. BUT, why not teach them to handle situations correctly in the first place? Franklin doesn't help in that regard.
Adult Written bycherry619 October 21, 2011

Growing up

Franklin is a show that express real world issues with children and always comes to the right conclusion. Some characters face dilemmas maybe about loneliness, feeling inadequate like snail was in one episode, and even beaver with her bossy like attitude but really who hasn't had a bossy friend that they still love? The best thing about Franklin is growing up and realizing this along the way, and also living life to the fullest.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byMomAt20 March 24, 2011

Franklin is a big hit for my son

All but one of the characters are awesome. I do not like the character Beaver. Shes the only one I do not approve of. She can be very bossy at times. Also very greedy. Franklin might handle situations wrong most of the time, but he learns the right way of handling those situations by the time the show ends. I love the message this show sends
Parent of a 2 year old Written bySheenaLongland November 15, 2010

I don't care for the show. Personally, I find that Little Bear is a rather selfish character. BUT, my son likes it, so I make sure to watch that stupid show with him in case it gets to the point I have to explain that its not right to be selfish.
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byoneofeach September 12, 2010

Perfect for preschoolers

My kids loved this show.
Parent of a 3 year old Written bylittlehen November 26, 2009

Just right forthe little ones.

My 14 year old grandson loved Franklin, now my 3 year old is watching it too. I loveit
Adult Written byJon Lovitz May 20, 2009

Franklin is the bomb!

I love this show! My kids used to have the books. Everytime I see it, I feel so happy! Go, Franklin!
Educator Written byadawn77 March 19, 2009

i love this show
Parent of a 7 year old Written byfloatzel37 November 9, 2008

Wonderful for children

A great show for kids. The animation is crisp and clean and it teaches the many values of everday life. I recommend this for kids of all ages and those who are kids at heart.
Adult Written byHuebel April 9, 2008

An Example Of A Happy Family

This show is perfect for kids of all ages. It shows how a healthy family should behave. Highly recommended.
Adult Written bywyldcat11 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bynsomniak6 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byMarylouNP April 9, 2008

cute for little ones

Adult Written byskenney13 April 9, 2008

Love it

My 4 year old watches Franklin and loves it. He reads every book he finds about Franklin, and he's learning sharing/cooperation/helping others.