Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 28 kid reviews

Sort by:

Only realistic High School show ever

This is an amazing show that completely shows what it's like to be a teen. Lindsay and Sam are great characters, as are their friends, and even my least favourite episode went on to have my favourite twist ending ever

2 people found this helpful.

A great show and an interesting watch. There is cursing and characters get high. The show also has relatable and interesting characters.

Great show

This is the best show I have seen! I am upsessed with the 1980's
1 person found this helpful.

Honestly the best show ever

It's the most amazing tv show ever (no matter what genre you love).... WAKE UP WORLD!! This is the most mature, touching, hilarious and real and relatable show ever!!!! I'm not even exaggerating. It's not corny or a typical teen coming of age show. Seriously, just watch it (all of it) and by the end you'll wanna kill whoever cancelled it. The only bad part is that is has only one season. Oh and, SCREW YOU NBC! TL;DR (Sorry...I get a little excited, anyway there isn't much drug use shown, only referred to and some shots of marijuana, no nudity at all and mild to inoffensive kissing, there's mild language ).

1 person found this helpful.

Sweet, realistic, hilarious dramedy.

It’s nice to see a dramedy targeted at teens that has empathy for its characters. It explores motivations of each side character (impressive for a show with only 18 episodes) and they’re never put in situations just for the writers to take cheap shots at them. The characters are always growing and the show deals with a lot of real life issues for teenagers like class divides, family tensions and divorce, and politics. It also discusses drugs and teenage sexuality realistically without romanticizing drugs or unnecessarily sexualizing its teen characters like a lot of shows for teens. However, it doesn’t feel like a PSA, with the characters making mistakes throughout and having various opinions on drugs and sex. (For actual content warnings: Teens smoke marijuana and drink at parties and I think it’s mentioned that someone’s aunt overdosed on cocaine? They also talk about french kissing and mention sex but nothing too graphic.) It’s all things kids would hear in middle school but is also still a fairly accurate depiction of high school, which is surprising considering the show came out in 1999 and takes place in the early 80’s! Every single character is endearing and is given depth, even the gym teacher, but they never overstay their welcome. Truly incredible TV and perfectly balances its tone. What a formative experience.

Good for 11+

PG-13/TV-14 for Mild Violence, Sexual Content, Drug Content, and Language. Violence: 2/10: Some very mild fights. Sex: 5.5/10: Some sexual remarks, Someone calls a teen a sex-crazed whore. Language: 7/10: Frequent uses of Bitch, Ass, Damn, Loser, Geek, Slut, Whore, Prude, Hell, Bastard, Goddamn, Retard, & More. Drugs/Alcohol: 6/10: Marijuana, Pot, Beer, and Partying are all in the show.

Witty comedy for young teens

I think it is a great comedy and is pretty family friendly, it touches on topics such as sexuality but doesn’t go into detail. Most of the time the show shows teen decision making , and shows the right and wrong.

Good

I haven't watched it in years, but looking back it has a great cast.

Ended too soon

This show ended too soon