All parent member reviews for Fred: The Show

Parent Written byJ.Berk August 16, 2012

Anything for a laugh Nickelodeon? Shame on you.

I watched my first (and last episode) of "Fred" this morning with my six year old daughter today. Fred is a obnoxoius, spoiled, tantrum throwing tween young man, with "outright girlish mannerisms" and voice to match. In the episode I watched, Fred "blackmailed" one of his male friends from school, to be his BFF or else he would "expose" pictures of the two of them together as "young children playing." Throughout the episode the male friend was indeed blackmailed by Fred, then the pictures end up being released at school to a smiling Fred and a laughing student body as the boy frantically ran out of the school. Great lessons here Nickelodeon. "Anything for a laugh, right?"
Parent Written byFail Show August 2, 2012

Overall bad

Dude.This Show is hands down terrible, it hurts my head listening to his stupid voice, I'd rather eat a frog than watch this show, its so bad. Plus it got a bad review. Hands down it is terrible and annoying. >:(
Educator and Parent Written bychristian-witness June 28, 2012

terrible show

Fred's obnoxious behavior and ridiculous antics. There's nothing realistic about Fred, who throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way and whose whining tirades are meant for laughs rather than subjected to any kind of normal response from teens and adults alike. Expect a fair amount of stand-in cursing (like "gammit" and "hackin'") in place of their sound-alike curse words, and a severe lack of interest in his well-being from Fred's incompetent mom. You're not likely to want any of your kids acting -- or sounding -- like Fred.
Parent of a 5, 11, 14, 16, and 17 year old Written byMusicMakesMySoulRock March 15, 2012

ugh

I. Hate. Fred. }:( dont bother watching it. tv shows like fred rot the mind. soooooo not kidding
Parent Written by4brian February 27, 2012

My children will not be watching because of the foul language

We won't be watching and I have since blocked all G rated shows. How disappointing is it that my children can only watch programming intended for kids, if I am in the room and unlock them. Thanks Nickeloden!
Parent Written byReviewMum August 4, 2012

Birds and Bees?

Let's start with my child thinks this show is hilarious which is a plus! I mean this is all she watches, but one episode quote they say something about the birds and the bees freds mom says they need to talk and fred asks if its about birds and the bees. And "OH MY GAMMIT" come on! But my kid loves it!
Parent Written byDoodleman July 29, 2012

NOT EVEN WORTH THE STAR I GAVE IT...

honestly, Fred (lucas Cruikshank) is WAY to old to be doing this show not only is the show the same old high pitched anoyying Fred but in my opinion its just a longer version of the youtube videos put out over the years only, possibley wores that that...
Parent Written byjman2012 June 29, 2012

Basically a "stupid show"

What a shame on the half of Nickelodeon for even allowing such a ridiculous show to air. I change the channel at just the sound of the commercial that just gets under my skin......basically to be blunt and simple, "what a stupid show!" My kids agree that its a waste of TV time and a waste of our time when it comes on because we end up changing the channel.
Parent Written byjuanapuke March 16, 2012

Annoying

Fred must be the spawn of PeeWee Herman and the back of the movie theater seat!
Adult Written bykn3vil March 2, 2012

What really should stay on youtube.

Awfully obnoxious from the show to just the very commercial of it. If shows like this have to be forced upon television (instead of the internet) than I'm sure Nickelodeon will lose viewers overtime until Fred is taken off the air. I don't care how big the fan base is, the noise that is emitted from the character's voice automatically turns away all other viewers. I've seen Nickelodeon put on some obvious failing shows (like Supah Ninjas) but this is by far the most annoying and just plain worst.
Adult Written bylettuce February 27, 2012

Heh.

It's by no means a philosophical, thought-provoking, highly intellectual show full of sophisticated humor, complex subplots, interesting characters, and important life lessons. It's stupid and bizarre. On the other hand, the sheer strangeness of the whole thing is pretty entertaining and totally harmless. Fred is completely, purely irritating, but somehow fascinating. Since the entire show is from one perspective, it's a little more ambiguous than straightforward sitcoms. Other characters' motives and lives are not explicitly shown. Lots of little character quirks are implied through Fred's oddly mesmerizing monologues about other characters. He doesn't completely understand them, and this presentation brings certain intriguing questions to the surface: What is going on inside Fred's head? Why do all the characters hate each other? Where is Fred's dad? Is everyone in this neighborhood mentally challenged? Fred is better than any of Nick's other garbage sitcoms. It is completely, utterly strange and oddly empty. It is both entirely annoying and compelling. It's a trip and for every minute you experience this deranged fantasy, you will be engrossed, either out of disgust or entertainment. It's just a kids' show. Settle down.