Parent reviews for Friends

Friends Poster Image

Great

I think that this is a great show and is very funny but it is inappropriate at times. I think this would be appropriate for children at the age of 11 or up but if your child is not mature maybe wait for a wee while.
4 people found this helpful.

Ruined with constant sex promotion

Sex is promoted strongly, as something to be aimed for. Drinking is also promoted. I would say this isn’t suitable for Christians and anyone under 18 due to its content. It’s a shame tv ruins stuff like this as it has the potential to be decent

2 people found this helpful.

Awesome tv show!!!!

They make a lot of sex jokes, there is strippers and other mentioned, but if your kid is above 10 and have unsupervised internet access, they totally are exposed to WAAAAY worse. And by the time they are in 7th grade they hear a lot worse in school. I think your 11 year old can handle it.

Very Poor Social Value

Not for kids. Very poor role models. Socially deplorable.
not rated for age

Questionable Message

This like most sit-coms send a questionable social message and is contaminated with gratitutious sexual activity and innuendo. Young children should not be exposed to such behavior.
This Show is Hilarious

Why rush 11 to 17 year old and expose 20 something life style???

I am appalled at my kids friends parents and many let there 11 year old just because they went through FLE and know everything. Kids have no business watching 22+ after college young women and mens lifestyle. The 11 to 17 at least can do the kid stuff and enjoy there journey into adulthood. Why ruin? Its dispicable that I have to have the talk with my kids as to why this is not right.

Overall, when I first started watching it I did not feel comfortable because I’m sensitive to to sexual situations and dialogue which is why I recommended this to those 14+, but if you can ignore certain scenes and not dwell on them you will learn to appreciate the show and laugh along with it

Recommended with some context.

Alright so I am going to start off that I absolutely LOVE the show, now and when I was a "teen". I do recommend this for 10+, but it really is your choice. Personally, I have a 11 year old and I let her watch it and she LOVED it. Before she did watch it, I had "The talk" with her. This definitely made me feel more confident about the things that she saw on the show. So before you let your kid watch it, you should have "The talk" with them, or else you may find them asking you questions or even searching what some things mean up, and can come across extremely inappropriate things. So I hope you let your kid watch it! It's such an amazing show and I believe anybody should be able to watch it. It also is great to teach your kids about life.

Suitable for 14+ agree with common sense