Parent reviews for Fringe

Moody conspiracy drama is creepy, complex, and masterful.

Parent of a 5, 9, 11, and 14 year old Written byJamesRobertson January 4, 2009
Parent of an infant, infant, 3, and 5 year old Written byMississippiQueen January 7, 2009
Adult Written byEyesCovered May 4, 2012

Overall, Fringe is Best Show With Smart Characters.

I love Fringe. It is my favorite show on TV. Been watching it since day 1 and will continue watching it. But, you really should know that... There is that whole unnecessary male/female/lovey dovey thing. I don't want to see any of that. We get it. you are sleeping together. I don't care. The only season so far that really had nothing objectionable in that regard was season 2. Except for one scene where 2 guys were in a strip bar. Couldn't they have gone to Applebee's? Seriously. It is GROSS. Every week I am amazed by the disgusting, weird, scientific things that happen. I have to look away quite a bit. But it's so doggone interesting!!!! There is quite a lot of drug content. One of the main characters is a scientist who frequently "self-medicates." Not exactly the best role model in my opinion...but maybe the writers think it's ok as long as we know that this character is not completely right in the head...? HHmm. This show is violent. It's about an FBI agent. That being said, adult viewers will get a lot out of this show, unless all these things super offend you. The sex and drugs do bother me quite a bit. but then I just switch to espn. I'm a sports fan girl.

Drinking, drugs & smoking
Adult Written byAnna_lana November 12, 2008

Getting frustrating, but good for a shocking thrill

I really did not think the show was going to appeal to me, but friends and family were saying it was great, so I gave it a shot. It was originally very interesting and intriguing, and each episode is very different, but I can't help but feel like there really isn't enough information about the overall story, so it is being dragged on and on and on. Some tidbits of the story appear, but then are ignored in the future episodes. I have found some of the cases disturbing, but nothing you wouldn't see in a movie. I love the role of Joshua Jackson/Peter Bishop and can't wait to see how his character develops further.
Adult Written byprabesh2001 February 20, 2016

Great and smart show for mature tweens and teens

Great show, It requires a strong concentration in order to understand the plot. Very smart and cleverly written. Best science-related show.

Adult Written byShellsWells October 8, 2009

Awesome TV- but not for the real little guys!

As an adult- I love this show... with that said though- it can have some gore and blood and unusual stuff that may be too scary for younger viewers. Other the past season the characters are developing and good story-line. Most will not be disappointed- just be careful about allowing your younger ones see this show- you may be up all night dealing with thier nightmares.

Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byBikeBookBread April 5, 2010

Great for science-minded teens

While a favorite for my husband and me, NOT for the littles. Often has very scary images. Requires an intellectual engagement to understand the plot as well.

Positive messages
Parent of a 6 year old Written byScott C November 14, 2009

12 and up with some parental guidance.

An "X-Files" for this decade with new and improved characters, deeper plots, improved special effects, but they seem to be running into the same problem that the X-Files did - Where are they going with the major plot or story line? It seems to be moving at an awkward pace. Hopefully things will start moving and make sense within the context of the reality that the show has put itself. Overall, it's entertaining, easy to veg out to after a long day; not much thinking, not too much suspense, but creative, imaginative. It's nice to have a female lead, because female actors add more dimensions than the action figure male leads.