Teen, 13 years old Written byArtpig August 1, 2011

Fringe

This is a fantastic series
Teen, 15 years old Written byOneCrazyCartoon February 15, 2014

Fringe for Teens, Not Kids

I discovered Fringe in the recommended section of Netflix. After watching a few episodes, I find it a great thrilling ride only a producer like J.J. Abrams (Lost, Star Trek films) could bring. It meddles with the concept of "fringe science"; ideas that are very strange and physically impossible now being present all over the world. Focusing on one female FBI agent, a "crazy" scientist who experimented with "fringe sciences", and his not-so-willing-to-help son, it dives into the three investigating, analyzing and curing these unknown, unexplained occurrences. Violence is quite present in the show (car chases, guns, explosions) and there is a small bit of sexuality (The main character is shown in a intimate relationship with her work partner in the first episode.). I find that these factors would make the show best for teenagers and adults, not children.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCoolcolourofpink November 25, 2014

Quite Graphic

This program would be ok for older teens, however, it is extremely gory. In the first episode alone, there is a HUGE amount of gore. In the first episode it is not shown briefly either, but with a long scene that wouldnt be out of place in a horror movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFoxDragonFilms December 29, 2013

FRINGE

This is really one of the best shoes I have ever watched.
Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2011
its ok i'm not really into it tho...
Teen, 15 years old Written bykatiemay017 December 13, 2009

GREAT SHOW 13+

great show. My friend introduced to me, and i have been watching it ever since. Sometimes it can be a little scary, but there is usually humor mixed in. They don't swear alot, barely any sexual stuff, but sometimes Walter says things relating to sex. GREAT SHOW, you should watch it sometime.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzachisfalloutboyfan1 April 10, 2009

It is AMAZING!!!! GREAT, ONE OF THE BEST

Teen, 13 years old Written byParker H. February 19, 2009

Awesome

This supernatural FBI show is a show that will set you thinking. It's puzzling and filled with plenty of gore and action. In some scenes you see doctors actually doing surgery which can be somewhat disturbing. But I enjoy it every time.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycbar04 August 26, 2015
fantastic series, but very creepy and sometimes the plots make the show seem real. Olivia is a wonderful character and is a strong, independent woman
Kid, 12 years old July 28, 2014

Awesome show!

Note: I am prepared to be a hypocrite, saying the show is not for me when I'm twelve and it still being one of my favorites. Fringe opens almost every week with a gruesome horror-ish twist. The twist can continue into the rest of the episode. Also, really nobody is a great role model for your kids. Peter is... well, he's Peter and he's too mature for kids, Walter is insane, and Olivia Dunham is ruthless. Walter normally solves the episodes with "fringe science", which is NOT to be confused with hard or even realistic science. It can also be gruesome. It will not make much sense to younger viewers. Walter is the main sex reference maker, although being insane I guess you can let that slide. There's no nudity, although there are unclear sex scenes. So yes, people do get laid. I would choose to shy away from this if you have kids, and take a moment to honestly evaluate how much your teenager can handle. If they can handly gore and adult concepts, then Fringe is one of the best shows out there in my opinion. If they can't, then you might want to look somewhere else.
Kid, 12 years old June 9, 2014

Based on Episode 1

It looks really good based on the plot, so we got it on DVD collection and watched the start of episode 1. It started out as a sci-fi gorefest on a plane. People's skin were bloody and melting off like cheese on a pizza. A guy's jaw collapsed and he was moaning. A guy injects himself with something with a syringe. People on the.plane are infected with disgusting results (melting skin, bloody eyes, blisters and pus on face). Though it looks good.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMyMyRa96 June 2, 2014

Love this show

There is so much to say about Fringe, it's hard to find a starting place. This show never stops to take a breath--it is non-stop action and extremely engaging. The characters are complicated and the plot consists of hundreds of twists and turns that will leave you stunned and wanting more. For younger kids, some of the scenes may be frightening. The show, for mature kids, is great!
Kid, 12 years old May 6, 2014

Amazing.

Information on inappropriate content: Violence every episode. Gunfights, explosions, sometimes disturbing human experiments. Lots of action. Scenes of characters in bed together. Sometimes just kissing, sometimes sex. (Scenes with straight out sex are NOT graphic. In these scenes the camera could be foggy, behind a curtain, or made distorted.) No nudity in the entire series. Opinion on the series as a whole: Full of great action, developing characters, and a great tone. One of my favorite TV shows! I highly recommend this to anyone that loves sci-fi, action, suspense, and crime genres.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDay Nevada June 2, 2013

Great show...But very graphic

It's a great show, but it is a very graphic show, so if your kid tends to have nightmares or vivid dreams this is a definite no, and if you do not want your kid exposed to these kind of graphics. I don't mean bloody I mean liquid brains coming out of ears and faces falling off graphic.
Teen, 16 years old Written byibarncat December 22, 2011

A few scenes that are slightly graphic does not mean the show is totally inappropriate for tweens

This review is so stupid in its inaccuracy that I don't think I'm even going to bother to defend this show from your bad accusations. The title says it all.
Teen, 14 years old Written byRelleeStar May 17, 2011

:):

Kind of confusing, kind of weird, kind of questionable, but intriguing, susie sculpt, an leaves you oogling for more! Buts it's very gory. In the first three minutes of the pilot, a virus festers people's skin and makes them decompose while still being alive. The pilots jaw seems to fall off like melting plastic and it's really XP
Teen, 14 years old Written bystripesanddots November 6, 2010
This is a really great show! Some people may find it a little bit creepy and hard to follow. Also, there's some langauge, but not a lot. I think it's great for 11+.
Teen, 16 years old Written byspngrl101 August 10, 2010

great

I love this show. There is of course going to be violence and the language is very minimal. Walter does do drugs but he is funny and does not use then just to get high and stuff. I think the people are good role models and therefor send a good message since they are working for the "good" side. This show can get a bit complex and hard to understand thanks to the shows fringe science. Sometimes the images may be a bit scary or gross but i do love this show and think that 10+ is ok and depends on what your kid can handle.
Teen, 14 years old Written byswallowtear August 26, 2009

Gore

The show alternates between dark and hilarious. The lead seems quite flat, like she's too average, however. I'm hoping she'll improve. The show pushes on science, making you question what really can be done, and what reality actually is. I'm expecting it to be quite a good show. Just watch out for the gore. I said on for 14 and up, because by this time, most kids don't care about gore.