Parent reviews for George Lopez

Standard-fare but groundbreaking sitcom about Latino family.

Adult Written byJaydogZackery May 2, 2020

George Lopez review

All episodes are rated TV-PG. If there is one with just a PG in the beginning of the screen, that episode is OK for 9+. If it has a D, L, and/or S content descriptor, that episode is for 11+.

Adult Written byJim J. March 29, 2017

No content, waste of time.

Very slow no real story line.
Adult Written byhelper + February 12, 2012

great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love this show it is hilarious haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
Parent of a 10-year-old Written byejkdmom February 9, 2011

It is PG

We let our son watch PG shows and this tests the limits. Topics that they cover include STD's, gay teens, teenage pregnancy, racism and many other topics that I really don't appreciate in a PG show but it does it in a comedic way and many of the innuendos do go over his head. We use it as a talking point and these are things our kids deal with and do know about.

Parent of a 11-year-old Written bymikeisawesome123 February 1, 2011
This is a great show. Lots of sex involving talk about pregnancy, sex, and some short sex scenes. Everyone gos to a bar and drinks after work. Lot's of racial and ethnic stereo types. Language isn't so bad. The mom (Benny) is the worst role model in the world!!! She drinks, smokes, has sex all the time, got pregnant at sixteen, is an abusive and non-caring mother, and most of the bad language comes from her!!!

Adult Written byMafatu32 January 5, 2011

This is funny.

It does have some sex references, but it's too funny to even concentrate on that. Enjoy this funny show.

Parent of a 13-year-old Written byohya August 20, 2010
good

Parent of a 3 and 9-year-old Written byThe kitchen queen June 14, 2010

Its good enough

My 9 year old daughter loves it and she never reapets anything of what they do its really good and Angie is an example as a good role model beacause she is caring sweet and very loveble but it one of the best shows on nick at night and dosent say much bad words

Parent of a 5 and 11-year-old Written bylaughylots May 29, 2010

george lopez

i think this show inappropriate,but then again i let my 5year old (he has also been repeating phrases from the show) watch it maybe i should change that and my 11 year watches it every night. i vote 11+ iffy

Parent of a 11-year-old Written bycorneater January 23, 2010

U MAY PEE UR SELF!!!!!

One of the funniest shows I have ever watched! It will keep u laughing and hoping the episode won't end. So what about the language and seggestive themes. We all learn about it at one point. My son has been watching the show since he was 7 and I didn't care. We watch it 2gether because we luv the humorfilled comedy. WE LUV G-LOPEZ!!!!!!! he is so funny and he is hystarical!!!!!!!! IF U DON'T LIKE HIM.......GET OVER IT!!!!!!
Parent Written byPlague December 17, 2009

George Lopez

Very funny show. Definitely my favorite show on [email protected]

Parent of a 11-year-old Written bylovemybubsy September 8, 2009

watch the show before you allow your tween to

It depends on the maturity level of your child. I recommend watching a few episodes before letting your tween watch it. Tweens may confuse the shows family issues as a presage.
Adult Written byThe JP Show May 25, 2009

George Review

V(None)Slapstick S(None)Innuendo and Talk L(IFFY)Mild language.Message(on) Angie is the head of the family.
Drugs(IFFY)Some beer and wine.
Adult Written bythescreenname April 9, 2008

COMMERCIALISM: not an issue
DRUGS/ALCHAHOL: pause
Parent of a 12-year-old Written byMom2Schnauzers April 9, 2008

You know your kid!

I will admit that there are situations/comments on the show that raise my eyebrows, but I think it provides an avenue for open discussion of issues...and for that I'm thankful. Our rule is: You can watch it as long as you show that you can handle it (and don't start acting in certain ways). Bottom line: You have to know your kid and whether or not s/he can handle it. We gave our 12 year old a chance (to watch it)and we've had some pretty meaningful conversations as a result.
Adult Written bymelda April 9, 2008

What a disappointment!

Geo Lopez is using this show to make money, certainly not as an opportunity to showcase hispanic culture. His constant put downs and low class humor show that he is being "successful" on the backs of hispanics. He had an opportunity to do something meaningful and classy;, instead he parades fictional dirty underwear in public and perpetuates a negative stereotype over and over again. Thumbs down!
Adult Written bysouthparkfan15 April 9, 2008

A Great Show.

This is an awesome show but is a little adult for some. But all in all it is a good show. :)