All teen and kid member reviews for Gilligan's Island

Teen, 13 years old Written bypikpikcarrot July 17, 2012

A Great Show for the Family

Honestly, the only reason I'm not putting an all ages suggestion on this review is because I figured anyone under five would have no clue what is going on. I've been watching the series since it first came out on DVD in 2005, and it is a favourite in the household. Gilligan and the Skipper have some mild bantering, but you can tell that they are friendly to each other beneath the shouting. The Professor was always a role-model to me as a kid, as I always wanted to be some smart scientist or something like him. Jim Backus and Natalie Schafer do a great job portraying Mr. and Mrs. Howell, and while the may be stereotyped as rich snobs, they are also shown as good people at heart and a wonderful addition to the comedic aspect of the series. Ginger and Mary Ann are, like the rest of the cast, stereotyped, but not in a negative way. I could make a book with this review, but basically what I am trying to say is that this a good show for all ages, and should be a part of every household. Unless you're scared of the cheesy rubber suit spider in the third-last episode of the series, it's a completely harmless show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byepicpenzzz February 13, 2016

Hilariously Obnoxiously Frustrating

I love this show, though it is sometimes annoying and decreases your IQ by 2 or 3 points for every episode you see.
Kid, 12 years old May 27, 2016

A Classic!

Gilligan's Island is a lighthearted, humorous, yet slightly stereotypical old sitcom. It's there for a good laugh, and could give adults who have watched it as kids a nostalgic feel. My only complaint is the way they represent Ginger, who isn't afraid to seduce the men on the island with sex appeal.
Kid, 10 years old February 16, 2015

Awesome show for kids and adults :)

I got the whole series on DVD last year, and wow am I impressed! Good acting, funny storyline, and mild stereotyping combine in this laugh-out-loud show. There is nothing in it that might be inappropriate for kids under 7, but there is one iffy episode where a surfer named Duke lands on the island and the men try to chase him off so he won't steal the girls--who have fallen for him! So they try to "woo" the women and make Duke jealous and he leaves. A lot of kissing, but mostly just in that episode. Overall, this is a great show!