All parent member reviews for Gina D's Kids Club

Parent Written byParent Review April 19, 2014

Wonderful Show for Infants and Toddlers

I think this is a refreshing and fun show that teaches many basic concepts that kids need to know for their language development; such as shapes, letters, colors, and animals. It also speaks about manners, going to the doctor, making friends, and sings learning songs. I like it because my infant absolutely loves to watch, dance, and participate with the show. I do wish it would specifically speak about God, rather than only speak of the morals in the bible. I understand that she may be trying to reach people that may not want to hear the word of God, but even Veggietales includes the name of Jesus. I think she could have included some word somehow. I don't know. Otherwise I really enjoy the show and so does my son!!!
Parent Written byEli's momo January 26, 2013

Great message and music for kids of any age

These programs holds my one year old's attention for the full episodes. He will watch the first few minutes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse but then loses interest. He is fully captivated by the songs and talking.
Parent of a 4 year old Written bysphysician September 26, 2009

Cant Believe Gina Did That!

Why would they dress a monkey in a thug outfit and give him rap music? What message are they trying to portray? I had to stop my son from watching the program.
Adult Written byCouchpotatoTV August 22, 2009

Show Seems to Push Darwinism / Evolution

Given that this is supposed to be a Christian TV show aimed at Christian kids, I was disturbed to see Darwinism / Evolution being subtly supported on the show, on at least one episode. While there are some Christian parents who subscribe to Theistic Evolution, there are still plenty of Christians who take the Genesis creation account in the Bible literally (meaning, we believe that God created earth and all its life forms in six days consisting of 24 hours each, and God did not use macro-evolution to do so). I was channel surfing and caught this 'Gina D Kid's Club' show where they were doing a cartoon sketch that mentioned dinosaurs. There was a song playing as the dinosaurs were shown, and the lyrics of the song mentioned that the dinosaurs were "millions of years old." As someone who is a Y.E.C. (Young Earth Creationist) Christian, I don't believe that dinosaurs are (or the earth is) "millions of years old." I found it a little disturbing that a Christian show aimed at kids would push the old-earth-age / Evolution view. As for the rest of the show, it seems harmless enough. However, as is true (sadly) with most Christian produced shows and movies, a bit sub-par. The special effects, animation and so on, are not as high quality as you'd expect to see from Hollywood or the major networks. You feel as though you're watching a second-class type show, one that was made on somewhat of a shoe-string budget. The lady host seems pleasant, but some of her human and puppet side kicks are either unoriginal, uninspiring, and/or annoying, especially the Australian character (played by a human actor in costume; he's not a puppet, and he speaks with an exaggerated Aussie accent).