Kid reviews for Girl vs. Monster

Fun family Halloween flick has some frightful moments.

Wondering if Girl vs. Monster is OK for your kids?

Teen, 14 years old Written byScreennameGirl November 4, 2012

Girl Vs. Monster, an OK movie

This is a movie about how a girl deals with her fears on Halloween night. The movie might be a bit scary for some children because in this movie monster hunters capture monsters and use ray guns. There are a few explosions. The monsters are clowns, elderly women, demonic scarecrows, heads of gremlins and others. Children say "shut up" to each other. The main character sings a few songs and her songs are available for purchase. It has plenty of positive messages about overcoming your fears and helping your friends. Overall this was an OK movie. It wasn't amazingly good or horribly bad.

Kid, 10 years old February 20, 2018

I loved it!

I just Finished watching this movie it was really good.
A few slightly scary scenes but not to scary. Good for or 6 and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybookworm3284 October 9, 2017

One of the best DCOM's ever!!!

*DCOM- Disney Channel Original Movie*
I loved this movie!! It is super lighthearted and suspenseful!! And perfect for Halloween!
Kid, 10 years old July 22, 2013

ok

personally I like the movie because it teaches you how to fight your fears, for example Skylar had no fears but then she started having fears and she got over them

Educational Value
Teen, 14 years old Written by8rebel24 October 30, 2012

Your preteen and teen will love it!

This slightly scary Halloween film is sure to please kids nine years old or older. Any younger, and the monsters might seem too scary. But behind all the spooky special effects is a sweet message about facing your fears. The main character is a tough 15 year old girl that your child will definitely want to root for. The casting in this movie is great, with some recognizable faces from popular Disney XD shows.

Teen, 14 years old Written byGhirahimIsFabulous October 19, 2012

A Shocking Surprise

To be honest- I originally watched this to make fun of how much 'creepy' stuff they would throw into it. In the end, I was impressed actually. It did teach you a message, and the song "Fearless" is in my head now. Over the last few days, I have seen myself actually trying stuff I hate or my worst nightmares. This actually had a better message then previous Disney movies, but this can't be put over my all time favorite disney Halloween themed movie. I think 7 years old would make the most sense because I guess they would be able to comprehend this more, and it isn't to scary. At the end though, it totally foreshadowed a second movie. I really want to see what would happen next, I am just glad I gave it a chance!

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written byDJ Malik October 15, 2012

It Wasent Realy ''Awsome'', It Was Veary Average And Boring ...The Acting Wasent Amazing Either ... But I Guess Kids Like It My Brother Loved It!

Teen, 13 years old Written byLautnerFan October 13, 2012

Very cute

I just saw this movie last night. It was way better than I expected it to be. It's a typical disney Halloween movie... There's not much violence, and the plot is pretty well thought out. It has a few rising stars, and the overall acting was good. It also has good messages, like teaching you to face your fears..... not run away from them. I would say that this movie is good for anyone age eight and up. ;D
Teen, 15 years old Written byEthanCH October 12, 2012

Well written.

The story tells you to face up to your fears, and it also has great role models to follow. This movie is probably a new hit for Disney Channel.
Kid, 11 years old October 12, 2012

Girl vs. Awesome!!!

Positive Messages: This movie teaches you to stand up to your fears. It also teaches you not to run away from your fears, because they'll only get worse.

Positive Rolemodels: Skylar is a teen who wants to be treated like one. She is brave and believes she has no fears ( when really everyone does ). She defeats her fear and proves to her parents that she is a responsible teen who can handle being treated like one. She even helped her arch enemy become a closer friend to her. Skylar is mainly smart, helpful and brave!!!

Violence: In this movie their are gun looking things that "kill" monsters. Towards the end of the movie there is a big fight between the monsters and Skylar and her friends.

This movie is a good life lesson for everyone including myself!!!! Even though it just came on for the first time a few hours ago, you should still watch it as soon as you can!!!