All teen and kid member reviews for Good Luck Charlie

Teen, 13 years old Written bymusicprincess101 January 17, 2011

Many inappropriate "jokes" that are bound to generate questions

It's a cute show (I'm 13, btw) but definitely not appropriate for younger kids (e.g. eight and younger). I suppose mature kids could watch it. It's Disney, so you'd think it would be a funny family show, but there are way too many sexual jokes that irritate me whenever my 7 year old sisters watch it. Here are some examples: (Teddy to her parents) "Okay, have fun! But not too much fun - we have enough kids." ---- Mom: And then I met dad. Teddy: And if you hadn't, then I wouldn't be here today! [Note: this one seems okay, except my sister couldn't stop "pointing out" that Teddy would still be there - because "you only need a mom to make a baby right? right?"] ---- Gabe: (to Mom) Did Dad ever get nervous talking to you? Mom: Oh, when your Dad and I started dating we didn't do a lot of talking. Mostly we just... Gabe: Just what? Mom: Played checkers...lots and lots of checkers. ---- On the 2-part special where they go on a family vacation, there are WAY too many inappropriate jokes... here's the scene: Mom: Big news! Teddy (15 years old): Please tell us you're not having another baby. Mom: No, we're not having another baby. And I can assure you, we're not making that announcement ever again. Teddy: Yeah, this family is big enough - you completely clear on that dad? Dad: Why're you pointing your finger at me? Having babies is a team effort. Gabe (10 yrs old): What do you mean? Teddy: This should be good. Dad: Uh, you know what? Getting back to that announcement, we're going on a family vacation!......The place is called Mountain Bliss and it's Mom: Where your dad and I got married. Dad: You know the weekend we got married, we weren't even planning on doing it! Mom: Getting married....Then we met judge lawson and he said we were perfect for each other, so...we did it! Dad: Got married. Gabe: Why do you keep saying that? Mom: Haven't you had "The Talk" with him yet? Dad: I haven't had the talk with PJ yet! PJ (17): I'm good! Also, there's some mild nudity - for example, Uncle Mel turns around (so his back is facing the audience) and pulls down his pants and underwear. His butt is covered with giant foam fingers (they're at a ball game), but projected onto a big screen for the entire stadium to see. And the most nudity is in Snow Show (and all the commercials for it, too). PJ is completely naked, with his snowboard covering his private area. It's covered, but still who would want to see that? (Ok, who would want their siblings seeing that?) There is some kissing but nothing over the top. So basically, I agree with abbyccga and buckets. Good, funny show but definitely unsuitable for many young kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written by96grlpowrCE April 25, 2010

A much-needed change of pace from the other Disney shows!

I actually quite like the show Good Luck Charlie! It's a break from the shows on both Disney and Nickelodeon currently, most of which entail some sort of extraordinary element that makes the characters and storylines unrelatable. It's just your average family dealing with adjusting to a new baby. It has a lot of good laugh-out-loud moments, and it's the most watchable show on Disney at the time. Even the theme song is really nice.
Kid, 11 years old April 14, 2010

Super Cute!

I love this show! Its funny, and not in a corny old fashion way. Mia(Charlie) is the cutest! This show is a little bit educational. In the second episode there is a little bit of sexual reference. Like Teddy tells her parents "dont have to much fun, we dont need another baby". And when they bring home the wrong baby Teddy sais"See, wrong part" and then the baby boy pees like a fountain. Its funny for kids 10 and up. I think kids under ten might not understand some of the humor and might get bored with it.Over all a great family show.
Kid, 12 years old May 26, 2011

This show stinks

This show stinks so badly i mean the shows called good luck charlie not good luck teddy i mean they show more of the teenager than the baby who the shows named after in one of the episode teddy was complaining about getting a b in one of her classes thats just so stupid it's a b it's not like an c,d,or and f if they showed more of the baby then the teenager then maybe i would like the show but for now this show sucks and briget mendler's voice is just way to high when she complains i liked her better in wizard then in this suckish show
Teen, 17 years old Written byDddddddddd April 20, 2011

Not the best

It is KIND OF funny, but barely. I don't think it has a point, exactly. None of the characters are wizards, rock stars, or live on a cruise ship. Yes, the baby is cute, but she is like the ONLY thing that keeps this show alive. Also, the jokes are gross, weird, and just not funny at most times. The teenagers like Teddy and PJ both act really immature and Gabe sometimes is smarter than them. The parents also make some references to some material that younger kids would not understand or should be hearing. Plus most sitcoms are made for ages 7-14, and this one looks like 5-12. I would choose mostly any other sitcom over this one. any other show over this one.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjadabub February 10, 2013

No luck Charlie, this show is good without luck!

This has to be the only good show on Disney. It has powerful morals and characters act better, It talks about real life problems and is more entertaining, they show how life is different points of views and ages, The good thing is, it's not about singing so much, which saves me, it's a sweet family sitcom, not a talent show! Sadly, laugh tracks make me lower a star to 4. This has good potential and I hope they continue! This really keeps the whole family entertained! Yay!
Kid, 11 years old March 20, 2011

I hate it, but it's ok

I really don't think any of the "jokes" are inappropriate. I don't like the show, but it's okay. But I find it kind of stupid how the "main character" who is mentioned in the title is TWO and only makes really short appearances.
Kid, 9 years old April 20, 2010

good shows for little peoples

i think good luck charlie is a very approiate show for 8 ages and up and it is very good show for little peoples to watch and shows that does not concern cussing bad languge smoking drugs or sexy stuff
Kid, 12 years old January 16, 2012

This family has issues!!

Good Luck Charlie seemed innocent at first, but think about it; if this family lived next door would they seem funny and enertaining or just plain rude and annoying? The kids are bratty, lie to their parents and each other and always tease their dad about his weight. The parents aren't any better and some of the jokes are just plain inapprorpriate! Funny for older kids but still a pass.
Kid, 10 years old November 28, 2011

They forgot to mention that Amy said, "The word that rhymes with puck!" in the language section. Also, "Oh look he's calling us #1." she says "He's not..." Or "Watch it you (Car horn)!"
Kid, 11 years old September 5, 2010

love the show!!

i love this show. i watch it all the time, and since star Bridgit Mendler is one of my role models, and the show teaches what life is like to a family of 4 kids.
Kid, 8 years old April 22, 2010

ery

good luck charlie is very funny. it is good for kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheFanO'Shows March 31, 2015

Good Fortune Toby

GLC is a very good show on the whole, it provides a very relating cast and it is a standard Disney show about normal family life, they have the same tropes as they do in Disney Shows, but the family often bands together, and the sister Teddy always learns her lesson and documents it in her video diary so her sister Charlie can learn from her mistake. Though the characters often lie and deceive, they do get consequences, and they grow and learn from their mistakes and they are seen doing it less. They also deal with themes like neglect or relationship problems, and they never have the main character act to rude or rebellious, she is painted as a good student with good morals. Amy and Bob's dialogue may be a cause for concern as Bob is often the butt of many jokes including his weight, which can bring down the quality tremendously. Gabe misbehaves but mellows out with age, showing that the characters do go through growth, a similar instance is with PJ, though slightly flanderized, he eventually retains some sort of intelligence, as he has goals and aspirations like all the characters do. When Toby arrives, Charlie has too adjust as she grows older, Amy has a dream about how she fears that they will all leave Charlie out to care for the new baby and Gabe tells Charlie she will get less attention, and the parents talk with Charlie later on telling her calmly that they might have to spend more time with the new baby. They also make sure to have some fun with Gabe, even though it ends up being in vain, it shows that they do love there children, a trait unlike other sitcom parents these days. Originally Toby is resented and disliked by Charlie, but eventually they seem to like each-other and Amy and Bob constantly try to help mend the issue between the two. These instances showcase that the parents are good rolemodels and the show does send positive messages in turn, overall it is a very good show for a grounded Disney sitcom. Many complain about Teddy lying to her parents, but this is normal and the lying and deception is so mild in comparison to real lifeand she always gets her comeuppance, anyway. I re watched the first episode and Teddy acted how many people at that age would have, if I remember correctly, she was 14-15 at the time? Also, yes, they DID show a lesbian couple, in one episode, the penultimate one, if it bothers you that much, skip it. It does't bother me at all, and it was refreshing to see something like that talked about on Disney, so calmly. They weren't the butt of any offensive jokes, they were perfectly fine and normal.
Kid, 12 years old February 5, 2011

PLEASE DONT WATCH!!

Hate it! First off, I can see Disney is trying to make a realistic show for once, and it started out kinda realistic, but now it's just like any other Disney show...... unbelievable. And there are way too many innapropriate jokes & refrencess. One time, the mom said, "When your dad and I got married we didn't talk alot. We played checkers...... lots and lots of checkers." And I think you know what they're referring to. And they're always being irresponsible. In the last episode I watched, Teddy (the teenage daughter) and her friend were babysitting Charlie and the neighbors baby. While they were supposed to be watching the kids, Teddy and her friend put on a pair of very expensive dimond earrings, (wich were the mom's, not their's) and started fooling around in them. Later, when the girls take the kids to Build-A-Monkey, Teddy finds out that she accidentally wore the earrings there and lost one of them. I turned it after that, because I already knew Teddy wasn't going to get in trouble. It's a Disney Channel show, after all. None of the kids on there ever get in trouble.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMileyySupport April 23, 2010

Another ok typical Disney Show

I think this show is ok but it's the same as every typical disney show. Bridgit Mendler is obviously going to be the next Disney Media source.It's a fairly good show in my opinion but there are a few things wrong Violence: Charlie(a 9 month old baby) gets dropped and than catched again as her dad falls down the stairs and breaks a bone. Sexy Stuff:Teddy tries to kiss a guy many times alone when her parents aren't home and even turns out the lights a few times,Teddy makes an innapropriate joke saying "You guys go out and have fun on your date but not too much fun we have enough kids already"" and Pj brings home another baby by accident as Teddy points out it has the "wrong parts"
Kid, 10 years old May 19, 2013

my fave

my fave show perfect 10 out of 10 i love it
Kid, 12 years old October 7, 2012

Great show, don't be fooled by 'inappropriate' jokes

This show is great. Other people have mentioned that there are sexual references, or kissing and flirting, but parents FYI: By the time your kid enters 5th grade they will know that babies don't come with storks. Good Luck Charlie is a fun family show, and has jokes that will appeal to everyone. Watch the show, find out for yourself if you like it or not. But when the kids do something bad, they are always punished. And if your kids ask you what that sex related joke is, then why not tell them the truth? I hope my review helped
Kid, 9 years old June 6, 2010

Good Luck Charlie=A++++

Well,the good roll model (Teddy) shows positive energy with her family.The violence isn't too scary because Teddy just throws some pizza at someone.Well why I put Sexy stuff is because they sometimes kiss and Emmet tries to put moves on Teddy. "Teddy Bear" is her nickname and he tries to talk with Spencer (Teddy"s crush) about liking and disliking Teddy.The positive message would definitely be caring for others and to do good things so they will come back to you.
Teen, 15 years old Written bypuppydog20 January 17, 2016

Mostly good, with a few exceptions

A VERY good show with good role models. The main character is Teddy (I don't know why they would name a girl Teddy) and she gets into some funny predicaments that lead to good lessons. However, the show has three flaws that I want to point out. First of all, in EVERY SINGLE EPISODE, the family members ridicule their father. He is called fat, his baldness is made fun of, kids say he is afraid of his wife, he is constantly belittled, and this is very bad example to kids. It shows that if they make fun of their parents, they won't get in trouble. People will think it's funny. Dads are great; they deserve respect. The second major flaw is the character Amy, who is the mother of the main family. She is always trying to be the center of attention, which is fine and funny considering that the show is a sitcom, but sometimes they go too far. She is always calling her husband or her kids some rude name or gossiping about others. Not a good example. The final flaw is the episode "Down A Tree", in the final season (not to be confused with "Up A Tree" from Season 1). This episode prominently features a homosexual couple and they are glorified and seen as "good". There is a line you should NOT cross with children's TV. Disney crossed it. Other than those things, the show is hilarious! Teddy is shown befriending everyone, working hard at her grades, and helping her family. My favorite Disney Channel leading lady. :)
Teen, 16 years old Written byLucan1010 January 11, 2016

One of the few good Disney Sitcoms

Violence: No violence, but some episodes feature comic pratfalls. One Halloween episode features a plot-line where a character pretends to be stabbed in the back (to scare off a bully) Language: No language, but occasional potty humor and usage of words such as heck, butt and stupid. Sex: No sex, but mild romance between teen characters (not overall focus of the show, more focuses on the family as a whole). Two episodes feature references to "the talk" and babies being made, so parents may want to screen these episodes before young kids watch them. In the last season, there is a controversial episode where one of charlie's friends have lesbian parents, but this is presented as matter of fact and not discussed in detail (just charlie's friend has two moms) Overall fine for the whole family and one of the few Disney sitcoms I enjoyed.