Adult Written byCritical Consumer September 1, 2010

Great show, lots of good messages

Greek is a realistic portrayal of college life and its messages are positive and insightful. As a non-Greek college student, I can still relate to its depictions of the realities of college life. There are many great role models, such as Rusty and Casey, who fearlessly try to do the right thing, Ashleigh, who is just plain nice, Cappie, who is loyal and supportive, Rebecca, who sticks to her principles, and even Evan, who eventually realizes that money isn't anything. I really applaud the character of Calvin who I think is the most complex and realistic portrayal of a gay person there is on TV. Unlike other shows, such as Glee, which perpetuate stereotypes of homosexuality, Calvin's character emphasizes the fact that a person's sexual orientation is not always the most important thing about them. Homosexuality is not all about sex, and gay people are not all about being gay. Based on the amount of ignorance and homophobia on this page already, this is something that a lot of people don't understand. I would definitely recommend this show. Also, its super funny!!
Parent of a 10 and 11 year old Written byMerrie March 13, 2010
I tuned into this once and 5 minutes into it two men were passionately kissing. Mature themes all around.
Adult Written bySuzybear2006 April 9, 2008

Love this show!

I really like this show, although I am quite surprised that it's on ABCFamily. I think it's fun, and showed fraternities in a more positive light than a lot of other shows. I like all of the characters. However, I am not sure I would let young kids watch it. I think the rating is appropriate and parents should definitely either watch with their teens or prescreen it. It isn't for kids under 14, that is certain.