Parent reviews for Hamilton's America

Hamilton's America Poster Image

This documentary was a poor

I expected better! UGH! The documentary was like... i don't know... fake! More fake than real. Like 'did' this really happen. Hmm.... Making the Hamilton documentary movie seemed a bit "impossible?" but yet so real! Can't!

One of the best documentary movie I'vs seen!

This documentary movie really impacted me to see how hard they put in their time to make Hamilton happen. This movie has some slightly mature moments but it runs smoothly! The documentary had some parts that just made me think: "Gosh, I never knew it took just this." It made me think a lot after I saw this documentary movie. Not for young kids but mainly for teens!

Overall educational and enjoyable with some frank language and refrences

The main worries most parents have with Hamilton are the language and the sex. There is quite a bit of swearing in Hamilton, but the message is great, emotional, and inspiring. I can promise you your kids main take-away will not be that it's good to curse. Some parents are worried about the very direct references to sex, and I wouldn't take a kid who doesn't know how baby's are made. Overall most kids who are old enough to in interested in Hamilton are old enough for Hamilton.

I think besides a few swears Hamilton is a good musical it teaches history and has great music.

Mature Children- A bit of swearing

I believe that "Hamilton" can be seen by any mature child (no younger than 10 years). Swearing is one the main reasons as to why some parents may be skeptical. The frequently used ones are: bastard and shit. However, bastard is used in the correct context. There is one "f**k" and two "motherf***kers", however one of them is bleeped out. That is the main issue, the second one is sexuality. There are many innuendos hinting at sex. For example, "intercourse is hard over four sets of corsets" It's not as present as swearing, aside from one song, "Say no to this", in which a woman seduces a man the lyrics to song song clearly prove that they had sex. Nothing is shown though. All in all, I would rate this musical 13+ .