Parent reviews for Hamilton's America

Absorbing doc explores how the popular musical came to be.

Adult Written bySara D May 11, 2020

Overall educational and enjoyable with some frank language and refrences

The main worries most parents have with Hamilton are the language and the sex. There is quite a bit of swearing in Hamilton, but the message is great, emotional, and inspiring. I can promise you your kids main take-away will not be that it's good to curse. Some parents are worried about the very direct references to sex, and I wouldn't take a kid who doesn't know how baby's are made. Overall most kids who are old enough to in interested in Hamilton are old enough for Hamilton.

Adult Written byBorb April 29, 2020
I think besides a few swears Hamilton is a good musical it teaches history and has great music.

Adult Written byertyujj t. March 8, 2018

Mature Children- A bit of swearing

I believe that "Hamilton" can be seen by any mature child (no younger than 10 years). Swearing is one the main reasons as to why some parents may be skeptical. The frequently used ones are: bastard and shit. However, bastard is used in the correct context. There is one "f**k" and two "motherf***kers", however one of them is bleeped out. That is the main issue, the second one is sexuality. There are many innuendos hinting at sex. For example, "intercourse is hard over four sets of corsets" It's not as present as swearing, aside from one song, "Say no to this", in which a woman seduces a man the lyrics to song song clearly prove that they had sex. Nothing is shown though. All in all, I would rate this musical 13+ .