All teen and kid member reviews for Hannibal

Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSoularcher May 26, 2013

Gripping, but Violent

Hannibal was recommended to me in various occasions through the internet, and after finishing my last series, I decided to give it a try. I'm not up to date yet, but this is what I have to say so far: It's really good. The plotline is extremely interesting, and it's hard to get bored watching this. Also, the show itself has amazing cinematography, and the characters are well-thought and three-dimensional. But there's a reason I haven't recommended it so much until now: it's graphic. It's probably the most violent thing I've ever watched. But I'm mature for my age, and I'm not easily freaked out by these sort of things. Still, I'd leave it up to the teen to judge if they feel comfortable watching it. If after the ending of the first episode they're up to it, then it's okay. But don't have anybody younger than fourteen or thirteen watch it.
Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2013

dont even watch it

not at all apropriate for children
Teen, 16 years old Written byRussianSn1per June 1, 2013

A Masterpiece!

Hannibal is one of the best shows on television. The cast is amazing and every scene is beautifully shot and a work of art. This show is an incredible new take on the classic story of Hannibal lecter. However, due to the nature of this story, it is very bloody and not for squeamish viewers. The subject matter may also be very disturbing to some viewers. However, don't let this stop you from enjoying this masterpiece. Additionally there is one review giving this show a 1 star rating and a review saying "don't even watch it". This is the kind of stupidity I hate to see on this website because it turns people away from amazing shows like this for the simple reason that they object to something depicted in the program. If you can't handle the show then don't watch it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byStrawberry100 May 17, 2013

Its Great!!!

Im 13 and I watch hannibal every week I think its great!!! It really exciting and made really well I highly recommend watching it. It is not much scarier than a show like CSI
Teen, 14 years old Written byErin grad17 April 27, 2013

It's great

This is a really great show but it is a little creepy because of the murder theme.
Kid, 12 years old June 9, 2013

Great show but dark and violent

Great dark and compelling but know your child with this can be great so some but horrible and imprintable for others.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHannibal-Graham221 June 1, 2013

Brilliant show, acting, writing, and scenery.

I have always been a fan of the books and movies, and at first I was hesitant because I thought the show wouldn't be as good. It's brilliant! People make a big deal about the gore and violence, but one can name 100 other shows more violent than this. They do not show Hannibal eating someone alive. The dishes are prepared to look delicious, which is even more interesting. Acting is great. The violence is graphic but not overdone, because the plot in its entirety focuses more on the characters. Recommended for teens and up, or anyone who isn't squeamish. The thing people should be careful about is feeling horrible or Will Graham and Hannibal Lecter's manipulation skills. The show seems to manipulate the viewers' emotions as well, so watch out.
Teen, 13 years old Written byZarastella June 22, 2014

Hannibal review

I adore hannibal it's currently the best thing on tv. I get scared and have nightmares very easily but this doesn't happen with hannibal it's so well shot and isn't all about murder it's about the pschylogical side of things and how hannibal is manipulating everyone including you. It's action packed but be warned quite gory but honestly not that bad at all as long as you can handle the gore you can watch this and I recommend it highly. It also has a huge online hilarious funny fandom of fannibals.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJeffrey9789 January 21, 2014

A very good show that has alot of gore

if your a fan of silence of the lambs or a fan of Hannibal lector in general you"ll like this show even if you haven't seen those film like me you"ll also like Hannibal it is a very interesting show that keeps you on the edge of your seat until the end of every episode it is also very violent, brutal and creepy its everything that will keep a person interested for the entire show so go watch the show you will love it
Teen, 13 years old Written byBeth Wiesinger June 9, 2013

Maturity Level

Viewer discretion is there for a reason. Hannibal is a show with frequent gore but great story lines and plots. The age to watch really depends on the maturity level of the viewer. I am a 13 year old female and can handle gore and violence without flinching. If you think you or your child is up for it, go for it. Hannibal is a great show. (Hugh Dancy!! :D)
Teen, 14 years old Written byFunkypigeon2 April 23, 2014

Read this

People complain that this is too gory, mainly because they are under the legal age limit, they shouldn't be watching it. The legal age is 15 and that sounds about right. There is hardly any swearing, sex or use of drugs, just plain old killing which can be quite bloody.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBatorama101 August 22, 2016

The art of horror

I loved the show and love most things lecter. It's a really cool show that combines art and crime. The hero of the story who can be looked at as an outcast rolemodel has "extreme empathy" which i think is great and shows how being empathetic solves problems. Make sure your kid has seen and is ok with gore. There is some. But then its on NBC. HOw bad can it really be right? The second season is a little more gruesome. The show has lots of classical music over scenes and can get really intense and good. This show makes people look delicious in some scenes which makes me feel a bit crazy. But it does show gore. Make sure youre kid can handle it though. They probably could if they heard about it because its not that well known.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySugarTaker August 18, 2016

Gory but Great

A very good series that I enjoy watching, although you need to know that almost every episode is filled with gore and blood. I recommend for anyone ready to handle it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byNyxxie September 18, 2015

Best Show on TV. RIP Hannibal.

This was one of the few shows that managed to portray violence/severe mental illness realistically. People often pass it off immediately, saying that the extreme violence is shown for shock value and ratings, but it's simply not accurate. This is one of the few shockingly violent shows that does NOT glamorize or portray violence as an insignificant thing. Too often, you will see a movie where the antihero walks through a building, shooting everyone, massacring the entire crowd, without any emotional repercussion. Though Hannibal is much, much more graphically violent, it also takes whole episodes discussing the emotional impact of even WITNESSING violence, much less committing a violent crime yourself. To anyone who says this show glamorizes violence...You either don't watch the show, or you're a moron and have completely missed the point. The creator, Brian Fuller, also refuses to use rape and sexual assault to shock the viewers. Respect on that. I'm looking at you, GAME OF THRONES. This TV show explores the incredibly dark and difficult to define philosophical questions of morality, mental illness, brutality, loneliness, and depravity of the human spirit. Don't expect this to be a fun, brutal romp. Every scene of violence is hard to watch and uncomfortably beautiful, and is not made to entertain. It is presented to bring up why people kill, not for entertainment and shock value. Expect a solid 30 minutes of deep, intellectual conversation between the characters and mental analyses of murders. If you're watching it for violence, you'll hate this show. But if you want a refreshing take on how violence truly corrupts the soul, this is the show for you. It is beautiful, interesting, and macabre. But don't expect to be entertained. Expect to think. If you like provocative, intelligent TV like me this could easily become your new favorite.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJustReallyHomestuck June 23, 2015

Great show, but deAR GOD THE GORE

Hannibal is hands down one of the best shows I've ever seen. The plot is interesting and never leaves you bored for the whole 1 hour episode. It's almost perfect. But the killings. They're so gory that I feel most tweens and some teens would probably not enjoy it. I could barely watch some of the murder scenes sometimes, and i have a high tolerance level for gore. Overall, I'd give this show a watch if you're not scared of some guts.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTeenageCritic100 June 2, 2015

Extremely disturbing show is without a doubt excellently done

I'm probably not the most qualified reviewer. In fact, I've only seen this show once when there was nothing else to watch on TV. The episode featured a woman being burned alive, and it was so disturbing it still sticks with me. I like watching horror movies but this show was something else . It's obvious that it's extremely well-written and acted, but parents - you should be so, so careful in making sure that your children are okay to watch this show. It can probably cause some serious nightmares and really scare your kids. I recommend viewing episodes beforehand and being positive your children can handle the content.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymad about tv March 30, 2015

really great tv

I love this show it has many twists and turns to it. I would just be aware of the violence because that's all that stands out. The main review gives it 4 for violence but it's for sure a five
Teen, 13 years old Written bybibam7 February 15, 2015

hannibal

Im 13 and I lobe hannibal my mum and dad bought me season 1 and 2 on dvd for Christmas. Although there is alot of blood and some disturbing images I have known from a very young age that there just actors and iys not real.
Teen, 13 years old Written byiamsuperwholocked June 21, 2014

Girl, 13

I'm 13 and I love this show. I haven't seen very much, but it is kind of gorey. Other kids my age could watch this show, if they were mature. If you don't mind the murder, blood, stabbing, shooting, impaling on deer antlers, etc, this show should be fine.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydeadstiel January 31, 2014

amazing but incredibly gory

i absolutely love the plot line but be warned: the creators definitely didn't have "less is more" in mind when creating this show! there's a ton of violence and some naked bodies but nothing explicit is in view. i'd recommend this to mature teens 14+