Parent reviews for Haters Back Off

YouTube personality's misfit shtick grates in sitcom format.

Parent Written byMandy J. January 7, 2018

Not appropriate for children.

I’m not sure how or why Netflix rated this show PG. it is full of overtly sexual inuendo. The adult characters say things like “tell him I came”. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out what that means. I watch one episode with my 10 year old and counted 7 sexual references. The jokes are not appropriate for kids. This is not a fake review. This is coming from a pretty liberal parent.
Parent Written byLou S November 6, 2017

Garbage Show

Over the top, socially awkward, self centred, arrogant child who has everyone around her feed into her delusions that she is talented. Only made worse by her over the top, socially awkward uncle. They both treat everyone around them poorly in their pursuit of her desire to be famous labelling everyone who disagrees as "Jealous Haters"

Painful to watch. Absolute Garbage, turn off the TV, go outside and watch the grass grow. It's more entertaining than this.
Adult Written byMerlin100000 December 5, 2018

Garbage

I believe the blame falls on Netflix for the PG rating. I'm sure the same people who loved Napolien Dynomite also enjoyed this show. My 5 year old absolutely loves this show. She says all the time "can you put on Miranda?" ..and I put it on. I assumed it was appropriate for a 5 year old since it was in the kids section along with all of the age appropriate cartoons and whatnot. Then i sat with her and watched. OH MAN WAS I WRONG. The message is horrible, the innuendos are just gross, and the acting bad as well.
If you have a child under 14 I wouldnt recommend.
Skip skip skip. Miranda is a horrible role model for little girls. Shame on you Netflix for the PG rating.
Adult Written byBig Dad Guy S October 22, 2016

SAD

Why do people post false reviews? Me and my family loved the show!

Adult Written byVsantos408 July 26, 2019

Inappropriate for children!

My daughter (8) had been watching this show. Her Netflix has parental control so I didn’t worry. Until I sat for 5 mins of the first episode. How in the world is this show open for kids to watch!!!! Sexual messages are all over! I’m so disappointed! Now time to have a small talk with my daughter to let her know that show is to never been seen again & why. She’s only 8 Netflix come on!

Parent of a 10-year-old Written byCinders007 July 20, 2019

Garbage

Ridiculous as this is considered okay and somehow got through the parental guidelines that was set?! Think it's time to get rid of Netflix and most all TV. Sad times that we live in.

Parent of a 11, 13, and 18+-year-old Written byMitch F. October 22, 2016

This show is great for kids!

My kids love it and when their friends come over sometimes they even invite me to watch it with them!

Adult Written byAussiemumC19 July 11, 2019

Horrible

Do not let your children watch this! I only had to watch one episode to see the strange sexual innuendos!!!! It’s disgusting! Cannot believe Netflix is showing this series in the kids section.

Adult Written byHeather1503 September 13, 2019

Inappropriate for TV-PG!

Completely inappropriate for it's PG rating. I have parental controls on Netflix and found my kids watching this garbage. The few mintues I watched there was inappropriate language, sexual references including "a fettish for handicapped" and multiple times where the uncle pulls down his pants, is in his underwear, and ome with a nude silhouette. Plus a bunch of other trashy remarks and even some hooker chick in what looked like a strip club. Absolutely ridiculous to say this is PG.
Adult Written bymaddadbaddad December 11, 2018

hEINOUS and aPPALLING

The biggest disgrace in the name of child entertainment!! Shame on Netflix for giving this heathen a platform!! She calls herself a "Christian" and talks about sinning, but dOESN'T SEEM TO MIND SINNING AT ALL!! Inappropriate, crude, and sacrilegious!!

Adult Written byLyn C. October 21, 2017

Terrible

Garbage!! Total garbage
Adult Written byStigg77 June 3, 2020

Brilliant show

I can't understand how people can slag this show off. It's so original and absolutely hilarious. Everyone I know who has watched it loves it.
I'm just gutted there wont be a 2nd series.
Adult Written byTheHillins March 22, 2020

Blah..

My daughter watched one of these and around the middle I started watching and decided I didn't like the humor for her 7 year old ears. She was really into it and got mad I didn't want her to watch it. She is very impressionable. 6 months later she asked if we could watch it together and I agreed. We got through the first episode. I didn't appreciate the sexual innuendos for the pg rating. The mom says the uncle should be careful about how he and Miranda talk because people could get the wrong idea. They are talking about sticky buns and squirting frosting. That right there should have boosted the rating higher or should have been left out. I read several comments on here and there are several more in the other episodes that I don't care to watch. They were clearly going for a 12 and up audience. Pg to me means yes that I watch and decide but also it should be pretty appropriate for 7-10 year olds with humor they understand and doesn't make an adult uncomfortable to watch with their child. What if I had to explain that to her? Like others said this should not be grouped with the kids Netflix. They click on anything and watch it. We are doing our part by watching first but still.. Now I have a child that wants to watch it even more now that I don't want her to watch it.

PS they say damn.. But address it as swearing and not to be said so the unclear says dang instead.

Adult Written byKsdriiedfkkeskr May 6, 2019

A great show

My child loves this show. I don’t know why people rate this as a bad show. It is truley an amazing show!

Parent of a 7, 9, and 12-year-old Written byLlballingerjr November 10, 2018

AMAZING show!!

I have been watching this show for a while, and it's pretty good! A lot of the reviews say Miranda is an idiot, in a way she's supposed to be! This show is funny and lively! I'd say overall, ages 10 and up.

Adult Written bySarah F. January 8, 2018

So dumb funny my kids love it!

I actually love watching this show with my kids. My 9 year old watched it at a friends house and turned it on. The adult humor is above my 9 , 7 and 11 year olds. I don’t count on tv to be “good roll models” for my kids, we show them that at home so I’m not worried about that aspect. We laugh at how ridiculous the behavior is and they know it’s fiction.

Although I have not gotten to the gay bar scene yet spoken about by others, probably will fast forward that.
Adult Written byLiveLaughLoveLife October 21, 2016
It's a great show! Definitely give it a watch if you like comedies.

The show has sexual adult humor.

Adult Written byMamasita589 December 23, 2020

Not what I’d call a “PG” rating

My 9 year is at that age where she likes watching movies or shows with people not cartoons. Usually the shows she picks are harmless enough in Netflix.... however, this show with Miranda had just wayyy too many sexual references for comfort. I can’t speak for other people but I would rather not have my daughter asking me what so and so means in the show especially when every other thing people are saying is related to something sexual. For example, Miranda talking to a guy about what she can show him as she’s practically deep throating a popsicle.
Adult Written byHollzball September 23, 2020

I’m liberal and love awkward humor myself

My 8 year old was watching this and all the (many, blatant) sexual jokes thankfully went right over his head. The awkward humor made me cringe (and I’m a huge Tim and Eric / Eric Andre fan!). This is just ... uncomfortable. The main character doesn’t grow or change. The other characters are basically jokes about autism, mental illness, and a mother who is dying and being walked all over by her awful daughter. It’s sad, but not trying to be drama. It’s so hard to watch.

I don’t know who the target audience is, it’s funny to an 8 year old but not appropriate for him. An older kid or teen would be too mature for the humor. It’s for a very small adult demo I guess. I can’t recommend it to anyone though.
Adult Written byMamab83 August 6, 2020

Trash

NOT at all for kids! Nasty comments, many sexual references and honestly she’s just awful and annoying. Nothing pleasant about this show.