All teen and kid member reviews for Hell on Wheels

Teen, 14 years old Written bykillerbadger19 January 17, 2015

An amazing and gritty look at the true "wild west"

This show focuses on a gunslinger named Cullen that is seeking revenge for the murder of his wife. It soon becomes much more that that as it deals with the creation of the trans-continental railroad and black slavery. This show is very brutal but rarely bloody mainly coming from the Native Americans. There is some moaning after sex but sex is nearly never shown and if it is, it's very mild and non graphic.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjmcraven December 6, 2011

baller

this show is baller
Kid, 11 years old July 29, 2016

Gr8!!!!!!

This show is absolutely brilliant! The acting is good, The dialouge is good, The action sequences are what makes me love the show the most. This show has a lot of violence. Violence is one of the most common things in this show. Theres throat slitting, People shot point blank in the head, (People are just shot all over the place in general). In the 1st season Lily's husband is being attacked by a Native American, He dies eventually, Lily has to kill the Indian before he kills her. She shoves an arrow in his throat. It shows it in graphic detail. This is one of the most violent TV-14 shows out there. A man also cuts off another man's head. (This is not shown off camera.) And another guy is shot through the mouth. The language is as bad as a TV-14 show can get. S--t, Hell, Damn, Whore, and the "N" word. They don't say F--k though. The sex isn't to bad. It shows bare backsides. No butts are shown though. You do see them hump each other. And you also hear the bed creak when they do it. There aren't any very good role models. I think Elam might be but not sure. I went into a lot of detail doing this review. Hope it helps you decide wether your kid should watch this or not.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKenna2988 May 17, 2016

First Season is Great for Teens

I watched the first episode, and I was hooked. It is a great show, although it does show a bit of sex, along with quite a bit of racist slurs, and language (f***, s***, c***). The seasons after season 1 aren't good. The show becomes close-minded and very historically inaccurate.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydylandavidgeorge April 27, 2014

Amazing show!

Hell on Wheels is an amazing show made by AMC,The same people who produced The Walking Dead. The show is built around the building of the transcontinental railroad post civil war. The main character is a war scarred widower,seeking revenge for his wife who was killed by union soldiers. The show is very violent however,as seen in the first five minutes of the show when you see a soldier get shot through the head.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykitkatkowgirl August 19, 2012

EXTREMELY GRAPHIC VIOLENCE

light sexual content, not graphic, some drinking now and then, haven't noticed any smoking or anything like that, some language but in my house it is alot more tolerated then in others. To others it may be a quite sketchy show to watch but like i said a lot of these things are tolerated in my home due to the fact that the children are older. Now the violence is extremely gra[hic in some cases so I definitely would not reccomend it for smaller children.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhagrid21 December 22, 2011

New Western Hit!

Hell on Wheels is a great show. If you like western action and drama, I recommend it for you. Frequent blood/violence and frequent cursing including racial slurs. Prostitution and tame sexual encounters. Great, but not for tweens.