All parent member reviews for Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Educator and Parent of a 6 and 11 year old Written byconnielove93 August 13, 2012

Disgusting TV garbage

WOW, CSM. How could this get 3 stars??? This show is TV trash for anyone!! There is no excuse for letting your child watch this. There are more educational and entertaining things on BET, and that's saying something -_- The family makes being overweight, unhealthy, and impolite seem like they're "embracing their flaws" when really its promoting this nasty behavior. Seriously, if I had 20 $ for every "chin" in this series I'd be a millionaire....
Adult Written bySourGalaxy October 11, 2013

Ages 9 and Under?

This TLC show is definitely not good for ages 9 and below or ANYONE for that matter. The show features a 7 year old girl named Alana who is nicknamed "Honey Boo Boo" and she lives with her family in Georgia. This show is a disgrace to television and whoever edited the show obviously wanted to make the family look as bad as possible. The girls(including the mother, June) are shown farting, burping, constipated, you name it. Even the intro for this "show" features someone farting in a family portrait. Honey Boo Boo herself is almost never disciplined for bad behavior and acts like a spoiled brat most of the time. Honey Boo Boo also has quite the mouth on her, she uses words like "gay" or "piss" and she even uses strong words like the "S" and "F" words(bleeped out) and doesn't get punished for doing so. The other girls are just as bad if not worse. They all eat cheese balls off the floor and mother June gives a mixture of Redbull and Mountain Dew to her kids. Other problems with the show is the innuendo. It isn't very subtle and they make it very clear that the word "biscuit" is their code for female private parts. The show is beyond stupid, has very negative messages and role models, and is pure brain rot. This show is not for kids, adults or anybody. Don't watch this show, you will go insane!
Parent of a 2, 4, 8, 10, 14, 14, 14, and 17 year old Written byparentof7 March 1, 2015

this show is horrible

cant let my kids watch this trash on tv
Parent of an infant, 3, 3, 5, 6, and 11 year old Written byResponsibleParentOf9 January 11, 2013

STOP

THERE IS DRINKING, VIOLENCE, SEXUAL REFERENCES, AND BAD ROLE MODELS ALL THROUGHOUT THUS PROGRAM. ALSO, THEY LET THE 7 YEAR OLD CURSE!!! DONT WATCH THIS SHOW! IM SUING!!!!!!
Parent Written bychristavianm August 14, 2015

Trash

Bad
Parent Written bySoccermommielovetlc May 10, 2014

Hilarious Entertainment for your family.

I think this is a great and educational program for my child.
Parent of a 3, 9, and 11 year old Written byhomeofplay February 13, 2014

Terrible!

Honestly, I have never seen this show, but what I have heard tells me enough. The mom likes swearing in front of her SIX year old! The children aren't healthy and the seventeen year old is pregnant! The children swear and eat cheeseballs off the floor! There are many stereotypical references. I'm a mom of three girls: ages eleven, newly nine, and three + I would never ever let them watch this garbage! Too much bathroom humor and the intro involves passing gas! The children are so highly badly behaved! Doesn't this mother care about her children? Honey Boo Boo is an uneducated and bratty kid. Her mother should be ashamed of herself. Let's not forget the mom shoving beauty pageants in her daughter's face! AND....shoving energy drinks down her throat! Toddlers and Tiaras was bad enough, girls crying because they thought that they weren't "pretty enough so that they didn't win". Now we have THIS? Come on, media. The dad picks his nose and wipes it on the couch! The twelve year old picks her nose and eats it! They covered the baby's face in pumpkin seeds! The mom was arrested for child abuse! She still has children because....?
Adult Written byLeenasays... December 18, 2012

people are stuck in the pageant thing but this show is not really about that

I like the show because its about the family. now granted there a little crazy but that's okay. I have never really seen anything sexual and there is no violence. potty stuff, farting,, burping and the word poop, but a lot of the cartoons your kids watch have that to. there actually a loving family, there not rich, they always have each others backs and they love each other. get past the redneck and the pageant stuff and you have a good show
Parent of a 2 and 10 year old Written bySteffauri516 December 14, 2012

Confident family, questionable messages...

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo is a slice-of-life show highlighting how the Thompson family lead their daily lives. Although unconventional, and sometimes downright trashy, I have to say, I'd pick this family drama over Keeping up with the Kardashians any day! They're quirky, funny, confident in who they are, and most importantly, they're REAL, which is so rare to find in TV personas nowadays. They do things that most of us find downright embarrassing on camera, make us laugh, gross us out, make us feel for them, and sometimes, want to change the channel. While it depends on the child, I'd personally rate this "On" for kids 10 and older. While there is some minor swearing, there is no graphic violence, drug use, or sexual conduct. While they do drink sometimes, there is not a heavy emphasis on it, and the only sexual content in the show lies with the family's 17 year old daughter - a new mother. I listed consumerism as one of them as well; it's not a huge deal, but the mother is an extreme couponer, and the family's home is FILLED with pallets of discount items and endless stock. Overall, the show is entertaining, sometimes a little edgy, but ultimately radiates a vibe of confidence and self-appreciation.
Parent of a 5, 6, 7, and 11 year old Written byAnEpicGuy December 3, 2012

Unfair stereotypes and cursing four year old.

This show unfairly demonstrates redneck stereotypes, and I think its actually a little offensive. Alana sometimes uses bad language, which is something a 4-year old should not do, and its just plain bad. I'd say fine for a 15-year old.
Parent Written byqazsdcvbngjfdftdghif August 27, 2012

inapropraite show

a very gross and inappropriate show
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 August 26, 2012

here comes honey boo boo

Families can talk about stereotypes. Why do people use stereotypical terms to define themselves? What are some ways the media perpetuate stereotypes? What can we do to diffuse them? Why do you think the Thompson family agreed to appear on a reality show? Is it fame? To promote Alana's pageant career? Money? Do you think they behave the way they do on camera in real life?