Teen, 14 years old Written byRelleeStar May 17, 2011

Very gory

The plot is great and tge thrill and action is something you should really look forward too. However, the messages are kind of muddled and I have a hard time finding the truth in each story. Now the gore (Gosh, where do I start?), there is SO MUCH. Shooting, accidents, fires, stabbings, and one of the villains cuts off the tops of people's heads and eats their brains. XP. But it's a great show! Watcher beware, however, if you're not the kind who can handle that kind of gore. But it's Addicting to watch!
Teen, 17 years old Written byDie Afrikaaner February 16, 2010

Good show to relate too.

Everyone is saying these Heroes are role models and that they have flaws. No one is perfect. I found a hero that is my role model because we share the same ideas AND THE SAME FLAWS. People need to realize that role models are not always going to be perfect.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydreamer16 October 16, 2010
I adore this show. It tell you that you can a hero even if you don't have powers. There is some sexual stuff in the beginning of season 1 and lesbian what-not in season 4 but that's about it. Yes there is some violence and gore, but not so much that you vomit, but then again if you're very faint-hearted then stay away. If you're an X-Men fan (like moi) then this is the show for you!
Kid, 11 years old March 19, 2013

READ ME!

This show is good for jaded kids ages 10+ However, if you are a bit over-protected, you might want to consider the age rating of about 12+ or 13+ There is a lot of violence and gore, as well as a few sex scenes. I, myself, am 11 years old, but I am very jaded. I have permission to watch R rated movies, and TV-14 shows, as well as a few TV-MA. If you shelter your child from stuff like this, AT LEAST give 1 or 2 episodes a try, without your child. Then, if you think it's right for them, let them watch it. If not, well, what can I say really? Suit yourself. As well as positive role-models, there is one I can think of off the top of my head. Matt Parkman, a mind-reading cop. He's a good guy, and for a while he takes care of a little girl whose parents were killed. I hope this helped
Teen, 13 years old Written byHER0ES April 9, 2008

Heroes Review

Well, let's start off with my opinion of age group... I think this show is good for people over the age of 10, there's a lot of violence and graphic sites. And with Vol.III coming I see a lot of violence and death, my suggestion is watch the episodes before letting your kids watch them. In one episode a guy tried ripping a girls clothes off, and then she woke up naked so watch the shows before your kids do.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyespleasebroadway April 26, 2015

Enjoyable but gory

Fantastically written show with some GREAT acting, but there are some violent scenes that are really not suitable for younger kids. Also be prepared for sexual content; one of the characters, for instance, is a stripper.
Kid, 11 years old July 2, 2009

don't watch this

very bad show. violent, sexual, very bad maybe for 17 plus
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Super Scary!!!!

One of my friends watches this and said its really cool. So I watched the episode called 'Homecoming' and there is no way it is for kids in Elementary. I couldn't believe my friend watches this. THey cut off peoples heads, stab themselves with knives, etc. I had so many nightmares!!! I reccommend this for 13+ and trus t my words for all you people my age: it's scary!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFinn Hurley April 3, 2016

Favorite TV show

This show is great- and I have only seen the first two episodes! The thing about this show is that there is quite a bit of gore. In the second episode 5 people are found dead- two of them with their heads cut open and their brains taken out (but the brains are never to be seen), One child is found attached to the wall with knives, and two others were killed by one of the main characters. And with violence, there also comes a character who makes money by filming herself taking off her clothes, and another person who overdoses on heroin. And keep in mind that this is all within the first two episodes. But surprisingly, with all of these adult themes, there is virtually no swearing! If swearing is the only thing that you are concerned about, then this show will be fine for you. But underneath all of these adult themes lies a great story, and some fantastic characters. There is one character who from the beginning is seen as an outsider, as he is from Japan, and everybody else from the USA. But I saw him as probably the best of them all, as everybody that he knew, even his closest friend, shows absolutely no faith in him, and yet he perseveres. Overall, this is a great show, and if you think that you can handle it, then watch it, because it is fantastic!
Teen, 14 years old Written byslasher23 September 5, 2010
brief sexual content.brief drug.some language.strong violence and gore
Teen, 15 years old Written bypatlaboon April 9, 2008
Kid, 12 years old June 15, 2016
Teen, 14 years old Written byfoxmalmage13 May 7, 2016

A great creative show

A great show, with tons of positive role models who do great things(hence the name heroes). But, some of the characters have quite a bit of sometimes graphic sex, one main character is a stripper, and often the show is disturbingly graphic and gory. The main villain likes to split open the heads of his victims. There is a lot of violence and mature themes like rape.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLondonEngland December 11, 2015

GREAT SHOW!

I don't understand why the overall rating is 15+. if your child is mature enough to watch this then let them watch it. I think if you are on the edge (parents) watch the first episode with them and see what happends.
Teen, 13 years old Written by_brown_eyed_girl_ July 4, 2015

12 and up.

Some violence mostly in first season and a main is a stripper (original hero). A character is a lesbian and another is Bi or Pansexual as it is unclear. Some language and kissing but overall not to inappropriate. The show itself is amazing and addicting!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymehdoe September 11, 2014

So Good!

i love this show one thing parents need to know is that Sylar can get a little freaky you might want to skip over the part with him and Claire it gets really nasty for a person under 12. anyway i am just hoping they come back with another season in 2015 im missing it so much T_T
Teen, 14 years old Written byR. Zrike July 10, 2014

Extremely Violent

Teen, 14 years old Written by10popem March 4, 2013

amaaazing

If your stomach can stand the frequent gore this show is amazing and I would reccomended for older teens looking for a good, gripping drama - but watch out for cliffhangers or you'll get hooked like me!
Teen, 16 years old Written byRachelWood January 31, 2012

Entertaining, but SUPER GRAPHIC

This is one of those epic shows you have a hard time getting out of your mind. With complex characters and a complicated story arch, it's an amazing thrill. HOWEVER, the violence is REALLY GORY! In season one, the main villain cuts off the top of peoples heads and eats their brains (the head cutting is shown in graphic detail but the eating is implied), the cheerleader can regenerate her body so often after getting graphically killed (sticks through her brain), body parts broken off (her arm bend completely out of place, her fingers are destroyed and bloodied in graphic detail, her bones stick out, she is even dissected), and after even cutting her own toe off, you are left with a churning stomach. Violence is extreme and I would NOT recommend it for people who have even slight sensitivity to it. I'm warning you, you will be insanely freaked out. However, for older teens and adults looking for an interesting story, it is incredibly engaging and a real "page-turner" (if it were a book).
Teen, 16 years old Written bysmileyfacelover January 29, 2012

Loveeeee :D

I LOVEEEEEEEE this show! :) I'm only on season 1, though, but I'm sooo addicted!! There's plently of sex stuff in this season, I mean one of the main characters is/was a stripper... and there's violence, too. But I think this is an amazing show. I love how they make you think, the person who made it was genius! :)