All parent member reviews for Higglytown Heroes

Adult Written byHuebel April 9, 2008

Every Day Heroes

What makes this show so good is that the heroes don't have super powers or a cape. They are everyday people. The real heroes are the people around us: firefighters, doctors, policemen.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byHerohig January 6, 2014

Worst food values

The show is rife with references to junk food especially sweets and dairy products. The shows seems to have funding from grocers association, sugar industry, or dairy council. Almost every episode has the pizza guy as a hero. Beside the rare reference to whole foods the kids rarely eat ANYTHING healthy and even the dentist hero promotes ice cream, sweets, and fruit basically everything sugary as ok for you teeth. This show pushes all the wrong eating habits! I wouldn't recommend this show for this reason.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byCarolynG August 25, 2010

Fun Even for Parents

I love this show and so do my three and five-year-old daughters. It's really quirky and cute. I love that the pizza guy is their friend and randomly shows up. It's nice that the "heroes" are just regular people in their town who do things to help others. As a parent, there are a lot of kid shows I can't stand to have on in my home, but this one I actually enjoy watching with my kids.
Adult Written byLowix March 4, 2009

This teaches horrible lessons

I watched a few shows, and they were redefining terms. Everyone was a hero. The mail main, the pizza guy were all heros. To quote the bad guy in Incredibles, when everyone is a hero, no one will be. Part of the post modern/relitivism garbage.
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Disturbing to say the least

Adult Written bysmcqueen April 9, 2008

Not for my child.

I don't like this one. The story line is good most of the time. I just don't like the fact that they ride around in each others tummies. I don't let my daughter watch it.
Adult Written byjenh April 9, 2008

love it

my daughter and i watch it.
Adult Written bydawn31400 April 9, 2008

Very Cute !!

My 21 month old loves this show !! My 5 yr old feels like she is a little old fo rit but I thinkit's because they don't have many episodes written yet so they tend to show a lot of repeats. I love the famous actor/actresses they use for the voices!
Adult Written bygromittigger April 9, 2008

Not bad but could do better!

I think the program is good - my 4 year old loves it, but I do have an issue with the Pizza Man and the Hot Dog Man - we're supposed to be educating our kids to eat healthily, not celebrate with a great big pizza or hot dog. I think the way to educate kids is to get them young and show them correctly from day 1.
Adult Written byliefde1 April 9, 2008

Cute show

My 3 year old son likes this show. I think it's great that ALL types of people are given the spotlight, no matter what they do, and are are shown as contributing something inportant to society. Does anyone else think the Pizza Guy's behavior is a little strange?
Adult Written bybadtman April 9, 2008

There is nothing wrong with Oobi

I think that this is a show in which children can learn many things about the world around them, even the yougn children. My little one laughs at it...
Adult Written bybebeyarb April 9, 2008

Very educational!

This Disney Channel original is cute, funny, and educational. Children learn about the world all around them and how it takes everyone working together to make the world go round. It also teaches them to use their imagination and problem solving skills. Great show for any pre-schooler. I know mine loves it!
Adult Written bywalterowe April 9, 2008

Terrible DIET

I thought that the show was going to be great at first. But the longer I watched it the more I became concerned at the choice of food by the characters. All they eat are ice cream, desserts, and candy. They use sweets as a reward. We are trying to teach our child to eat healthy but a show like this does not help at all. In today's concern about our children's health I am disappointed in this show's example.
Adult Written bySSburk April 9, 2008

They are a good bunch of kids that do kid stuff and find out that there are people trained to do just about anything they can think of. My daughter really enjoys this show and is thinking about what she wants to be when she grows up. That's good.