Parent reviews for High School Musical: The Musical: The Series

High School Musical: The Musical: The Series Poster Image

Awesome show!!!

This show is so great I have children ages 12, 12, 8, and 2 and so far I only let my twins watch this just because I don't think my 8 year old will enjoy this. Great messages: This show teaches that no matter your race, sexuality, religion etc. everyone belongs! I love the LGBTQ+ representation and parents just because your kid watches something with a lgbtq+ character doesn't mean she/he will become gay and if they do, so what? Violence: There isn't really any violence, there are a couple of verbal fights but nothing big. The only physical part is EJ getting a basketball thrown at his face. Language: There are small curse words such as, hell and crap and a bleeped out sh*t which isn't bad if you don't want your kid to curse then tell them that hearing cursing can't do anything to them. And I don't know why people are saying that there is the f-word I watched the entire series and there was no f-word! Sex: Minor kisses nothing major remember this is disney. Consumerism: Well this is based off HSM so there are mentions of it. Overall, I suggest this to any teen/preteen as long as they are mature enough!

2 people found this helpful.

The best TV show ever!

OMG! This TV show is the best show ever! There's limited cursing and romance, but I was so amazed! I totally recommend!

I love seeing real teenagers playing teenagers.

Pretty Good show; a little too much drama for kids but for teens, it's super relatable.

High School Musical:The Musical:The Series is awsome for me.

I like this sow because they have amazing voice when they sing and IF only if we can watch it on DVD(when it comes out on DVD after Disney+ when it's done) then we will be happy including me.

Boring

It’s not as good as the original.

i love

wait, WHAT?!

After seeing the part where the girl says "Sh** just got real" this made me think that the show should be aimed for teenagers like the original version of Total Drama Island with these occasional bleep moments. This is especially because there have been children shows (both preschool and elementary) with actual bleeping in it (voice actors actually swearing such as Arthur, Tiny Toons, Loud house, Baby looney tunes, Spongebob, etc) and that makes me very uncomfortable since we come from families where we either pick up swearing or not and the lesson should be put out in a less strict manner. I just dont want the show to be made for younger people because of it.

It's Appropriate

There is some heartfelt music and There is a little bit of drama. I let my 9 year old watch it. It does bleep out the s word if you watch it on Disney plus, but I say it is a good show.

I heard bad words

Okay so the H word was used in the first episode along with a bleeped SH word and I can even read lips. I even heard the F word at the very very end during credits all in the first episode!

My child was very emotional but she loves it even more!

My child absolutely destroyed her new white hoodie because she was crying so so much as the ending. However, she's a bit a silly and told me that this is the best show she's ever watched in the whole world. Also, don't get it twisted my child is 17 years old. LOL! Now my entire house is soundtracked to the songs from this show #BREAKINGFREE