All parent member reviews for House of Anubis

Parent Written bygamecard7171 January 15, 2013

ok ish

I think that the series house of anubis is too scary for kids to watch and might get freaked out. Also the kids are always breaking rules,sneaking places, and being too noisy so i think it sets a bad example for children.
Parent Written byanital December 14, 2013

Must watch

I love House of Anubis because it's unlike any other show for kids 9/10+. It has everything in it: mystery, suspense, drama, humor, and romance. I think the main characters are excellent role models. They work together despite their creative differences and always find a way to complete their task. Most people think that it's a scary show about kids trapped in a haunted house. This is completely wrong. House of Anubis is about a group of high schoolers who attend an elite boarding school in England. The main character, Nina Martin, arrives the same day Joy Mercer mysteriously disappears. Another girl, Patricia Williamson, believes that Nina kidnapped Joy or has something to do with her disappearance. One morning on her way to school Nina meets Sarah, a gentle old woman who used to live in the house before it became a part of the school. She gives her a locket telling her she has the power to stop some evil. That same night, Patricia forces Nina to go into the attic. Her locket hits some button which leads her into a secret panel. She brings her new friend, Fabian up to show him her findings. This is the beginning of 4 unforgettable journeys in the House. Do not hesitate to watch this series. It's a classic.
Parent Written bytarmale February 23, 2013

Love "House of Anubis"!

I personally love house of anubis! My 8 year old loves watching it and although can be a little scary at times I still find it tame. Clean cut kids who work together to solve the mysteries at a boarding school. There is no bad language and I think one or two kisses the entire season but completely innocent. Watch it with your child to see if they might be a little scared.
Parent Written byGodAnubis12 August 31, 2014

Absolutely okay for a child 9+

House of Anubis is perfectly okay for any 9 year old! I'm afraid that any younger might get scared by some of the aspects of "mystery". There is nothing to worry about in the kissing aspects-- very rare when couples share a quick kiss. Its a drama show mainly, but is a "drama show for younger ages". I was never really into any of the reality tv shows, and always prefered these types of shows. Victorious probably had more couples then this! GREAT SHOW!
Parent Written bySupamom79 July 17, 2011

Poor character morals

Saw 1 episode and everyone was lying and going through their roommates things! It was kinda soap opera-ish & weird. Definately not for my 7 & 2 year old girls. Automatically got banned!
Parent of a 12 year old Written byThe real deal12 February 27, 2011

Perfect for all ages

We love this show it is addicting yet good for learning for instance anubis is really egyption. I really hope this isnt the last season!!!
Adult Written byreviewer person January 29, 2014

House of Anubis Review

Parent Written byHouston Tennis Mom January 15, 2012

Kids will get hooked

My 8yo loves this show. Yes the acting is cheesy, but these are young kids that will get better over time. Netflix has all of Season 1 and we watched it from start to finish. It will get you hooked and yes parents you will see the mistakes that the writers missed or forgot about along the way, but with the poor choices that our kids have today this is a better show for the young ones we have.
Parent of a 1 and 4 year old Written bystinker06 April 5, 2011

i loved the show while it was showing my 4 year old wont miss it he even asks to watch the reruns
Parent Written bytreat02 June 24, 2012

uneeded drama

I really like this series, but I will say that it has a creepy tint to it. It has a bit of drama that isn't needed. If you start watching it, you'll see that it's kind of a mystery. The reason I say that there is uneeded drama is because there becomes relationships, and friends that rebel against each other. I'm pretty sure that's not needed. I think the whole "Patricia" drama is OK, but the rest of it seems too predictable. It's very good otherwise. (flirting is all I think that's a little iffy.)
Parent Written byAKsnowgal March 23, 2011
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byDad_70 March 4, 2011

Light stuff - daughter loves it

Light drama with mild scariness.
Parent Written bymazomama March 9, 2012

nostalgia, mystery, positive teen characters

I'm a mother of a 9 year-old girl. We both adore this show and watch it together. I was a big Agatha Christie and Nancy Drew fan as a kid and my daughter has started reading mysteries too. I'm thrilled there is a serial mystery appropriate for her age on TV--very rare these days.