Kid reviews for HouseBroken

HouseBroken Poster Image

Based on 1 review

It should be rated “TV14,” and NOT “TVPG”‼️

It’s just fine. I’m only on episode one, but I felt the need to add a review here because on Hulu, it says this show is “TVPG” which is just crazy to me. A turtle literally has sex with a shoe in the FIRST episode. It’s not even just implied, there’s literally a scene of a bush shaking while the old turtle groans. It’s weird. And no one under the age of 14 needs to be watching it. Also, the humor itself. Like the “I respond to she/her/hers pronouns” or “IT WAS SELF DEFENSE”. I really don’t expect a nine-year-old to understand the irony of that. And that weird hog looking this is so blatantly inappropriate (his language more specifically) it weirds me out a bit. This show needs to be rated “TV14”. I find it kind of crazy how the kids’ reviews are more aware of that than the parent reviews. I do like the poodle though (and new dog that’s scared of toasters.) The poodle’s funny and reminds me of Phoebe from Friends because of the voice actor. So I am gonna keep watching it for now. Only because Bob’s Burgers and Duncanville haven’t come out with new episodes yet XD!

Shockingly funny!

Mediocre

I think it's appropriate for mature 13 year olds and up. There's an episode where a dog named "Chief" ate his owners sex toy "vibrator." There's also an old freakish turtle that in the first episode had sex with a croc shoe thing. Theres also animals having sex with each other

Just Ehhh

Stupidly, unnecessarily raunchy behavior only has a few laughs in between toilet humor.

Starts out 2 or 3/5 stars, but gets much better at around episode 4 or 5.

This animated comedy is the definition of lowbrow, with vomit jokes and sex jokes galore, but some of the jokes are actually creative and funny! Sure, it isn't hilarious, but it's exactly what you'd expect, and if you treat it that way, you probably would enjoy it. It’s edgier than the Simpsons, but not as bad as Family Guy. Violence 3/10: Some violence that is very mild in impact, like slapstick. There is more severe violence in episode 8, including an alligator chomping on a small dog with blood in a short dream sequence, and a half-digested mouse being helped to dance by a hamster but his arm skin is ripped off with bones showing, but it’s all played for laughs. A car runs over a character and the episode then ends in a cliffhanger; we are not sure what happens until the next episode. Discussion of death, and one episode focuses around a murder mystery. Sex 6/10: Lots of sex jokes, and some are pretty inappropriate. They include a scene of a small dog holding on to a big dog's leg while the small dog's tail is wagging and asking Honey if she wants to join in on the act, an elderly tortoise accidentally humping a shoe in a bush, a reference to making babies by "putting the thing in the soft place", censored nudity in episode 5, a reference to a “de-rection”, the cat lady stuffing cats into her cleavage, a brief reference to a human getting her period, one episode revolving around a dog swallowing a vibrator, testicle jokes, two humans kissing in bed and the beginning of intercourse is implied (before Honey broke them up), subtle and overt innuendo, etc. Honey has a gigantic crush on a coyote and often had sexual dreams about him. In episode 9, there is evidence that Tabitha and the Grey one are secretly romantically in love with each other, and it turns out to be the case. Language 4/10: Not too bad, with words like "crap" and "bitch" frequent. A jellyfish repeatedly uses "f--k" in the scenes he's in (always bleeped). Drug use 3/10: Mostly drinking in the background, but there are a few pieces of dialogue about that kind of stuff and in one episode, the male pets lick a toad and it has similar effects to shrooms.