All teen and kid member reviews for How I Met Your Mother

Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2011

funny

very funny but has some inapropreite moments
Teen, 15 years old Written bybobbeta30 January 23, 2011

Awesome!

I love this show! It's great for most ages and it's funny. Trust me, the stuff they hear on T.V. is sterile clean compared to stuff at school.
Teen, 14 years old Written byauroraisgaming May 20, 2016

How I Met Your Mother Is Really Good!

I have watched all 9 seasons 2 times, and I am currently watching it the 3rd time round. There is quite a bit of sexual talk, and occasional light swearing, but the overall messages are really good. I am not going to ruin it for anyone who hasn't yet seen it, but the show is amazing and I even prefer it to Friends!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLoveOwenWilson September 16, 2010

teens....older

LOL...love Barney....his jokes are sooo funny!!!! hahhahaha!! it's way tooo dirty but its' one heck of a laugh! for sarcastic humor and peeing in ur pants...u'd better sneak this in ur room and watch it!!
Kid, 12 years old August 18, 2012

Hilarious and Slightly Suggestive

This show is all about how Ted Mosby tells his teenage children how I met their mother. Sex plays a major role in the comedy as there is a serial womanizer among a group of 5 very close friends. Bad things are replaced with everyday activities. Things such as smoking, having loud sex, and pointed the middle finger were replaced with "eating a sandwich," playing bagpipes," and "giving a thumbs up" respectively. Th charaters always find their ways out of things, and relationships are strong. Parts of this show are not believable, but they are amusing. Character outlines: Ted Mosby: A architecture professor who is looking for "the one." Robin Scherbatsky: A news anchor who was against marriage earlier, but marries (spoiler alert!) Barney Stintson, the womanizer. Barney Stintson: The serial womanizer who often speaks of his sexual conquests to his friends. His character changes into a caring one and her marries (spoiler alert) Robin Scherbatsky. Marshall Erikson: A lawyer who is very naive. He is Lily's wife. Lily Aldrin: Marshall's wife, a kindergarten teacher. She is a good cook and is often sought out for advice.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBook_lover98 April 21, 2011

How I Met Your Mother Taught Me How To Be Hilarious!

I completely love this show! Yes there is some explicit sexual references, and Barney is completely and utterly a horrible rolemodel, the humor is perfect for tweens! And the fact that Ted is looking for a real relationship says something.
Kid, 12 years old November 6, 2010
kids are hearing this stuff at school 2 they might as well hear it on tv
Kid, 12 years old August 27, 2010

One of the best series ever!

I am inlove with HIMYM it's just so funny!. Sometimes an episode can be funny, emotional and inappropriate. But its too long to get to the point where they actually show who Ted marries (The Mother) on HIMYM, so that kinda puts a lot of suspense into it. Ted is a sweet and kind guy he's awesome. Barney on the other hand is a sex addict, he always talks about girls and sex. In some of the episodes he falls inlove with Robin which i thought was sooo sweet. But they wouldnt make a cute couple. Robin is one of the characters i dont like so much :| (I dont know why). Marshall&Lily are like the best characters!!! I was so sad in those episodes where they broke up and they cancelled their wedding! Im really hoping to see more of the episodes and finally figure out who the mother is!!
Kid, 12 years old January 26, 2013

great!

funny
Teen, 14 years old Written bygreeneyedglitter February 2, 2011

Great show!

This a very funny show. Although, there are a few references to sex, there is never full nudity. Barney may not be the best role model on his views on women, but the gang always tell him how wrong he is. The show is great with a few mild sex/cursing references. But I would definitely watch it with my kids.
Kid, 12 years old July 19, 2010

Hilarious prime-time sitcom.

I started watching HIMYM just a few months ago, and I've seen all of seasons 1-4. Like my review title says, it's hilarious, especially Barney, even though he isn't the best role model in the world. I'd say that HIMYM is safe for anyone over the age of twelve, because some humor/plot lines might fly over younger kids' heads.
Teen, 16 years old Written byelliepierce September 25, 2016

Amazing

How I Met Your Mother is a great show with a great story line. It shows the bond between five friends going though good and bad times. Its hilarious and worth a watch!
Teen, 16 years old Written byHeheGonzalo August 16, 2016

My rating: PG-13/TV-14 for sexual humor, language, drinking and some comic violence

Teen, 14 years old Written by__lorelai__ August 3, 2016
Teen, 14 years old Written bybrooke.marus July 31, 2016

Funny for Teens

I love this show as a teenager, but I do not recommend for younger or more impressionable kids. The characters in this show drink in almost all of the episodes and they often talk about their conquests. However, I do recommend this show for tweens/teens because it's pretty funny and it has an interesting plot with likable characters.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysierraharris June 16, 2016

Fun

This show is fun and entertaining. There are definitely some inappropriate scenes that revolve around the character Barnie mostly. But its all taken lightly and I love how you get connected to the characters and the uniqueness about them.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTess1928 April 30, 2016
Teen, 14 years old Written byremyroel April 18, 2016

BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great show but does sometimes have sex and has lots of sexual refrences.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMustachedwhovian March 25, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written byphiatastic January 30, 2016
I watched this with my sister for a while. It was a very funny show! It had a few moments for mature audiences but its nothing we can't handle