Parent reviews for Humans

Robots and humans connect in chilling sci-fi drama.

Parent Written bySeattle Mom July 7, 2015

Too much sex for kids/tweens

My husband and I will continue watching as it was really entertaining. However, I am shocked that it's rated TV-14 and CSM says 15. The brothel scene was "tame" but I covered my 12 year old's eyes. I was horrified by the end scene of the pilot where a brothel customer told a "synth" to pull down her panties (in a very misogynistic way) and also when a female robot, well I won't continue because kids read this site too. Luckily my kid found it too "boring" (or maybe didn't want to admit creepy or uncomfortable) to want to watch again. I am no religious zealot but am really disturbed by the adults who would include such content in a "teen" program. What ever happened to social responsibility? I would have no complaints if it were rated TV-MA or left out the content described above.

Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written bySraedi September 30, 2015

NOT for kids

There are several things that I feel I should include for parents which I wouldn't want my kids reading so please heed my words when I say that I *STRONGLY* recommend that adults view this before allowing their kids to see it. It is important to note that the majority of the sexual content in this show is non-consensual. I was fairly mature as a teen and had I watched this in my late teens, I still think it would have been wise for an adult to be there to discuss some of the sexual aspects of this show. It's important to remember that being mature enough to watch something doesn't necessarily mean that you understand everything that's going on. There's definitely depth here that merits a conversation. I feel like the sexual content is enough to exclude people not old enough to vote but if you're curious about the violence content: There are a few deaths and a couple beatings.

Parent Written byTracie R. January 22, 2017

Parents be careful

I thought the program had some really good qualities, but be careful. There is a scene in a brothel with someone having sex from behind the synth. It was not appropriate for children of any age. Another scene showed the father having sex with his synth. Again, completely inappropriate. No nudity but there was no doubt he was having sex with his synth.

Adult Written bytesuji August 18, 2016

Too much sex and violence

I really like the sci fi angle to this show. If robots became almost human, how would it affect society? It reminds me of the thought-provoking movie AI. Unfortunately, for me in the TV show Humans the "adult" content spoiled the show for me. Too much sex and violence. The show seems obsessed with sex. I saw too many ugly things, and I gave up after episode 4 of season 1. I wouldn't recommend this for adults, much less for kids.

Parent Written byKate D. March 20, 2017

This show is not for kids. No full on nudity but very very graphic and suggestive

Adult Written byCgark August 12, 2018
It is a very good show. Me and my boyfriend n kids love it. It teaches kids that no matter what we are all equal and that people are who they are by their choice. And that no matter what color we are or what we look like it should not matter. There are good in everyone but it is up to them if they use it or not. I love the show and cant weight for season 4 to come out.