Kid, 12 years old September 21, 2009

Crude, Rude, And Too Much Attitude

Personally, as I child, I have many issues with this show. Sure, Carly is a girl who can stick up for herself. The show gets one point for that. Sam is VIOLENT and spontaneously teases and hurts a boy named Gibby in their school. They use Sam's meanness toward him for humor, and I find that very disturbing. About the 'ROMANTIC' factor: I think everyone should be comfortable with the human body, and romance definitely is not a bad thing. In this show, they talk about too much 'love', though. They jump from one boy to another, and say things like 'hot'. Kids should know that to have a successful relationship you can't do that. LANGUAGE: The site says it's not an issue, but it is. It seems the writer's have a lack of vocabulary, because they don't know what a hobo is. They continuously use the word for humor, when it is an actual career. Some people choose to hobo, and others are forced to. A hobo travels and does manual labor. Miranda Cosgrove, they wouldn't have a neighborhood hobo, it would be a neighborhood bum. They use other terms like 'skunkbag'. They aren't considered cursewords, but they are hurtful and should not be used. CONSUMERISM: The show itself has become very popular and is making a lot of money off of its crude humor. In the show, in one episode the iCarly crew is paid money to advertise for a shoe on the show and goes all out in a spending spree. Consumerism=bad. They also DO NOT MAKE GOOD ROLE MODELS. People often show an extreme preference for Carly over the others. However, Carly gossips, uses innapropriate language, and is unkind toward Freddie. One may think that is Sam, but they both are. They tend to tease him, and sometimes they seem like they are being condescending toward him. They influence children in a bad way when the child watching is not mature enough. THE MESSAGES AREN'T GOOD: On occasion, you'll see a lesson in morals in the fine print, but otherwise no. They once go to a man's funeral just to get his pie recipe and stall so they can hack his computer and search it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byzoogoesrawr September 13, 2010
Even as a 16 year old, I hurt for humanity every time I watch an iCarly episode. There have been shows like this before that used the same witty and innovative humor that iCarly has, like Drake and Josh, for instance. But iCarly is pushing its appropriateness to the edge as it progresses. Not enough to be totally outrageous, but just enough to get away with it. Let's start off with violence, shall we? Yes, it is in Sam's character to be aggressive and sarcastic, but sometimes it gets to the point where all she's doing is yelling like a maniac and beating someone up with a random object. I don't find much humor in violence once it crosses this line. Second, does Carly seem a little bit too "active" to you? I know it's natural for tweens to like each other, and it's cute how Freddie is persistant with Carly, but there's way too much sexuality in this show for it to be a kids show. I just don't like thinking about how 8-year-olds all across America are sitting on their couches and watching Carly make out with some guy everytime the commercial breaks are off. Thirdly, language. I don't have a problem with made up words like "jank" and "chizz." I think it's funny and original. :) However, iCarly has used a lot of words most kids shows would never have had the guts to say before. Words like "boobs, crap, panties, and bra." I know these words may seem simple and harmless, because really, we hear worse when we go to school. But I think that crossing this line might just be the start for crossing a whole other line when it comes to what can be said on kid's TV. Another thing, I'm not a strict Christian, but I just don't like it when the characters say phrases like "Oh my god;" taking the lord's name in vain. And believe me, they say it alot. As for product placement, I don't mind it at all. Their spoofs on popular products like the iPod, Shamwow, and the Snuggie are what give iCarly the witty sense of humor we all know and love. While, yes, iCarly is entertaining, it also has its moments where it can be just too much for a child audience. There are no good parental role models, and hardly any child role models for that matter. Personally I think Carly is just a bit too open with her sexuality and Sam goes a bit to far with violence. It's a given to say that 8-year-olds shouldn't be watching this, and I might even push it to say tweens shouldn't either. At least not until 13 +, because by then, inappropriate behavior is hardly surprising anymore.
Teen, 13 years old Written byblah86397 August 16, 2011

Calm Down

all of you need to loosen up honestly your kids are not going to be influenced by iCarly and if you think the show is making them disrespectful then you should teach them manners and not to pay attention to what FICTIONAL characters do on TV
Teen, 13 years old Written byshadanni December 23, 2010

Great for teens but not for younger kids

I really like ICarly, sometimes i watch it with my dad because he likes it too. But sometimes he describes the show as''inappropriate''. It's a really good show for teen but not for younger kids. THIS IS WHY. 1.Sam is violent, and that makes her a bad role model. 2.Sometimes carly wears really short skirts. 3. There was an episode where Carly and Freddie kissed a lot. 4. Spencer keeps dating girls he barely knows. 5. Sam and Freddie insult each other. 7. Bullying. Its a good show for teens ;)
Kid, 11 years old March 10, 2012

ICarly

ICarly is an awesome show. There may be just a few problems for the younger ones. There may be some love where there may be some making out, flirting, or hugging. Some times the characters may go out on dates to restaurants and most guys will use the word "hot" to describe a girl. There may be some violence where Sam is usually bullying someone. Most of the time there will be slapping, punching, or kicking. They mostly just do it for the laughs. Your kids would probably be laughing there pants off. The only language they may use is "Loser", "Jerk", and "Stupid." There aren't too many role models except Carly and sometimes Freddie. There should be more adults but, all they have is Spencer and sometimes Freddie and Sam's mom. Since it's a kid show I don't think most kids would want parent's coming and saying something like, "Put that candy back, you already ate enough." The kids mostly want to see crazy and fun things. This show is hilarious! ICarly is great for 7+
Kid, 10 years old December 31, 2010

Ok For Teens

It's a good show, but then a again, it is not for younger kids. They talk to much about kissing and dating. They say stuff like stupid, sucks and shut-up.
Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2015

Best Show Ever!

This is my favorite show in the world! I LOVE this show! I'm glad they still show reruns! iCarly is HILARIOUS. Everything about it is so hilarious and this show is amazing!
Kid, 11 years old June 6, 2009

What in the name of Santa Monica--?

Great lord, what an embarrassment. This show has no educational value--heck, it practically encourages stupidity, especially by means of the way the Internet works. And what in the WORLD is the matter with this Sam character, being so...VIOLENT? Yes, a character on the show is incredibly physical with all the people AROUND her, mainly a boy named Freddie. It ranges from everything between verbal abuse (as low as geek to as high as--well, nothing too high yet, but she's coming to something very nasty) and physically harming him (as low as a slap to as high as CLOBBERING HIM WITH AN APPLE. Man, I have so much to discuss with this writer!) Not to mention, the contents of the show's dialogue aren't exactly "squeaky-clean", either. They said a certain thing about a Ms. Briggs character that were highly out of proportions and JUST PLAIN UNCOMMON for a young 13 year old girl to discuss with another girl. Adding on to discussion on the contents, the kids do many things that can land you in prison. Plus, female characters only have one main focus--drumroll please!--BOYS. Side-thoughts include lip gloss, makeup, BRAS (...?!?), and a web/Internet based show. Said show has nothing but just plain random and unsettling things to see and do that I doubt any teenager on the PLANET has any desire to watch. Are your children being unruly, all of sudden? Do they talk about things that you don't want to hear and/or are just plain random? Tell, me--is this iCarly show on their watch-list?
Teen, 14 years old Written byWWEWRESTLINGFAN103 January 21, 2014

This show is horrible however it has good voice actors but I just hate iCarly

OK I hate iCarly so much it annoys every time the characters are so stupid and annoying its just a stupid internet show I think it should be banned from UK and USA and many more countries in the world however the voice acting and actors are ok but they can be annoying most of the time and the score Im giving iCarly is 20/100 Carly, Freddie and Sam are bad characters and I wish iCarly was cancelled right now
Kid, 11 years old March 28, 2013

Wait, There's more!!!

i Carly is an entertaining show. it involves a lot of cyber bullying on their live internet show by calling people jerks or geeks. their is tons of kissing and flirting, and some scenes on i Carly their (web show) on a floating bra and conversations on boobs. Especially in the episode about the beauty pageants. This is a good show though there is some language.I Carly promotes many things. Carly is a good role model but Sam is not a very good one.Positive messages are rare but when they are on the show there is a lot of them.
Teen, 13 years old Written byanna1999 July 17, 2012

tween show for girls

just another tween, harmless tv show aimed at girls cute show, like to watch it when i go and visit my gran, she has foxtel no violence, unless they people ar ehaving a harmless fight... moslty meant for laughs- they will wrestle for something like a cheese burger
Teen, 13 years old Written bypie or pie March 29, 2012

this show is bad for humanity not just children..

Icarly is simply the second worst show on nick (big time rush being the first) the role models in the show (if you can call them role models) are just idiotic or crazy. No adult in the show is actually intellegant. (bad spelling i know LOL) The main characters are simply not likeable at all Carly is a spoiled brat Sam is growing up to be a jail-bird freddy is just annoying AND GIBBY IS THE DUMBEST THING TO HIT THIS EARTH SINCE FANBOY AND CHUM CHUM!!!!!! -_- There is absolutely no character development at all. just DONT WATCH IT.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybelieber_4ever August 29, 2011

anyone notice this besides me ?

now i HATE racism and I'm not the one to shove racism down ppls throat, BUT iCarly is about to end and not ONCE... ONCE has the love interest of Carly, Sam, Freddie, not even Spencer who dates random girls a lot, been African-American, Hispanic, not even Asian. wats up with that? there was an episode where they were trying to find Carly a boyfriend for the dance and there was a black boy who tried to be her date, but i think Spencer weirded him away. he freaked the kid out and he left, why does he have to be the one to leave? idk, maybe it's just me. i mean i love iCarly and like i said i don't like talking about this stuff and it's not like it has to be that way in EVERY show on TV, not saying that, but the amount of times these girls talk about hot boys you would think at least one was another ethnicity. idk just saying is all. oh and I'm sixteen :) not some parent. anyways love iCarly, just for some reason wondered that.
Teen, 13 years old Written byselenagomezfan64 November 28, 2010
This is the worst show I ever saw on nick
Teen, 13 years old Written byMoutaindewgirl September 10, 2010

Too much innapropriate stuff

It's ok for my age, but even then...... I am a christian and I hate hearing somebody saying God's name in vain. You shouldn't include this in a kids tv show. Also, Spencer is cool, but very immature. And Sam is violent. She suggests violence for everything. And Freddy always wants to be Carlys boyfriend. People, this shouldn't be rated G!
Teen, 13 years old Written byhurstårdettill August 18, 2010
I've found this show to portray AWFUL stereotypes of foreign people in the past. The Scottish are portrayed as highland-dancing, kilt-wearing, bagpipe players. The French are portrayed as baguette-eating, poodle-having, "hoh-HOH!!!" jokes. The English are portrayed merely as people with funny accents, who are loud, obnoxious, and hate Americans. The only Japanese characters were computer-whizzes and karate experts. The country of El Salvador was referenced as "El Salva-dork". The programme shows general ignorance to foreigners and i suggest you steer your kids away.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDamon Salvatore... July 29, 2010

e.g. Iffy for older kids, but not for tweens

I think Hollywoods pushed their luck with this suppossingly kid safe show. There are many mentions of boobs, squirels having sex, (even though some younger viewers might miss that's what their talking about) sexy is used many times, and their is one very violent episode that I was suprised was rated G.
Kid, 8 years old July 4, 2010

Just Perfect :)

iCarly is the best show in the world. Carly Shay is a wonderful roll model, she teaches that if you work hard at things, you will get what you want. And Sam's getting in trouble shows what could really happen if you got in trouble. Freddie is smart & intellegent, shows to do well in school and to be healthy. All in all, it's very funny & cute and I think it is a very good show for all ages. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written bykad1121 January 16, 2016

Best Show Ever!

This is my favorite show ever! IT'S SO HILARIOUS OMG!!!!!! All the people complaining about them being bad role models, TV characters are not meant to be role models. If you rely on TV to teach your child, I feel band for your children. All the parents complaining about this show are lazy and rely on a TV show to teach their child everything.
Kid, 11 years old September 16, 2015

This is ridiculous..

Are you serious? Do you HONESTLY think "stupid" "shut-up" and "sucks" are inappropriate for my age group? I'm deeply offended. I started watching this show at 7 years old, and it hasn't affected me. I watch damn Bo-Jack Horseman and My Name is Earl for pete's sake. Fix this stupidity, you ignorant little brats. I'm about to bust my lid at the idiotic parents as well, stating that I'm a "young child" and this is far too inappropriate for me. I am not a tiny little boy and I will NOT tolerate this behavior. If I catch it again I'm going to go on a f*cking rage, oh wait, I already did.