All parent member reviews for I'm in the Band

Adult Written byGingerSnaps October 13, 2011

It's stereotyping 101 for your children.

It's full of stereotypical humor that most parents don't bother to sit down and discuss with their children. Band kids are called "friendless nerds" by high level school staff, average looking girls are literally pushed out of "hot girl only" parties, and children that enjoy school are considered extremely weird. It's a very backwards show and if it didn't push "cool" vs. "loser" so much, I wouldn't mind it. Profanity is also another issue, however it's rare. 8 is much too young for this type of show unless you really don't mind sitting down with your child and discussing what your child just saw. Though, most parents use the television to do the teaching so, I doubt many bother.
Adult Written byAlyzabeth1990 September 30, 2010

Swell Show!

It's a good show but there are some sexual things like Derek wearing revealing clothes. In the Cat-astrophe episode, when he was giving the funeral speech, you could see a prominent bulge in his pants.
Adult Written byMr.Moose April 17, 2010

Influences Young Culture to be Mean to Uncool

This show pissed me off. I only watched the first five minutes and I thought there were some really not okay things. In the show, they totally degraded people,Annoying Irene a girl they constantly made fun of, and when Annoying Irene asked the boy on a date he treated her with disgust and then carried on to the more attractive girl at the table. And they showed that they were using Irene because her dad was a record producer, taking advantage and being nice and doing things for her just for a record deal. They showed that it was as if we should on all be mean to the kids that are unattractive or have something wrong with them, or the nerds, which is a totally un-okay thing because that will probaly influence its young viewers, and another thing is that only to befriend or be nice to somebody if they are selfishly usefull. Another thing is was that the band members, all highly influential people to the main character were all very immature and terrible role models citing more bad influence on the show viewers. The show cited alot of unacceptance to other people.
Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written byakcamac February 15, 2010

Language my kids can't use.

One episode a character said "dumb a**" Can they could do that on a TV -Y7 show? Not something that I want my 9 year old to be saying? Disappointed in Disney :-(