Kid reviews for InuYasha

Fantasy-themed anime features strong female lead.

Teen, 13 years old Written byInsertUserHere July 28, 2015

Great Show. Not For Young Kids.

Though, InuYasha contains many positive messages and rolemodels, it also has alot of swearing, blood, violence, and mild sexual content. Words such as: Damn, Hell, and b**tard appear often in the show. Also, in one episode, a demon has his arm cut off with a sword, pouring out blood. There are bath scenes (nothing visible to the viewer.) There is also a highly sexulized character, exposing breasts (nipples not visible) and most of the lower body (no pubic area.)

Teen, 13 years old Written byLjbob January 4, 2020

15 and up

It literally says on the back of the book: rated T+ for OLDER TEEN.
yes i read it anyway but i stopped pretty quick wen i saw all the nudity. Its also scary. (Not joking) gave me nightmares.
So on a scale of 1 to 10
Nudity: 7
Violence: 8
Swearing: 2

I wouldnt reccomend for under 15.

Teen, 17 years old Written byInuyashafangirl18 September 18, 2019

Best anime ever made!!!

This anime is amazing but there are lots of swearing, blood, demons killing other characters one of the characters name actually means hell which is naraku. Naraku is the main villain and he likes to kill anyone and anything in his path and will try to destroy the sacred jewel and take over the feudal era (inuyasha's homeland) it takes place in modern japan with 15 yr old Kagome Higurashi.

Teen, 13 years old Written byArriatheDragon July 30, 2018

My Favorite Anime By Far!

This was the first real anime I got to watch and is now my very favorite over them all! I found it cute and very well crafted as well as action packed and exciting. There is quite a bit of language but its pretty easy to ignore, although its definitely not for younger children. There is some blood but it's never gory and its very dark and most of the time blends in with Inuyasha's kimono, making it hard to tell. Some of the demons including Inuyasha himself at some points can be a little frightening, but over all their not very scary. There is a scene where Inuyasha cuts of a giant dog demons arm and blood flows from it but like iv'e already stated that stuff isn't morbid. I'd say the most bother some thing is that one of the main characters (named Morkui) is kinda wrong. He goes around asking every women he meets if they would 'bare his children' and it always touching their bottoms. It can get sort of awkward at times. There are a few bath scenes none of witch are detailed but one of them shows a young boy completely nude, no coverage. I just skip this part because it's not all that important and this only happens once in the first season, but it can be off putting if your not expecting it. But all that aside this is still my all time favorite anime and should definitely be given a chance.

Teen, 16 years old Written byPupness November 22, 2016

Inuyasha is awesome

I think that it's has alot of violence and bad words so they should be at least in middle school.

Teen, 13 years old Written byPureBloodedHanyou May 16, 2010

Perfect!!!

This is one of my FAVORITE shows! I started it when i was actually 5... But I had only seen (and loved) one episode... But since I was 9 I have been addicted!!!

I wouldnt recommened this for anyone under 8, but the only issues are barely mild, nongraphic violence, shirts off on boys, and slight groping from one character but nothing bad. This story is actually loved by every age... The youngest I know is 2 and the oldest about 35. But the shows is best for tweens and teens.

Teen, 17 years old Written byANIMElogik June 28, 2020

Would be better if kagome was more involved

Even though in the description it says it has strong female characters, it really doesn't. The main female lead is a bit weak, while, for the most part, the main male lead is kinda doing all the fun stuff. I honestly haven't watched many episodes, but I have watched enough to know it is not worth you or your children's time. Also, they at some point start dating each other, which, in my opinion, is a waaaaay overdone trope in most anime and western media as well, but also I feel like their relationship is a bad model of how a relationship should be. While I understand inuyasha has some emotional trauma and stuff, which I very much empathize with, I personally don't appreciate seeing him disrespect his beloved partner

Also, this is definitely not for children, between the unhealthy messages of how a boy should treat a girl ( Inuyasha at some point yells at her to shut up (she was crying) because he was protecting her ), and female roles in general. It also kind of sends the message that you have to be with a guy who is all macho (and don't worry, I'm talking about stereotypical behavior and temperament, not appearance) and this is just what men are like, and women are just weak damsels, who might just have a few redeeming qualities

Teen, 13 years old Written byKagome6311 June 1, 2020

13+

Inuyasha is one of the best anime’s out there. It teaches you about the feudal era in Japan while showing great qualities in the characters. Kagome is brave and strong in a place she isn’t used to, and Inuyasha who used to just be greedy for the sacred jewel opened his heart. There are some mild scenes where characters show more than desired, but it’s nothing too bad if you are a mature 12 year old or older than 13. There is also a little bit of swearing and violence, but you have to remember that it’s animated so nothing is too realistic.

Kid, 12 years old May 2, 2020

One of my favorite anime

This is a really good anime, although I don't think younger kids should watch it.

First of all, role models and good messages. As CSM says, you don't really notice any in Inuyasha. There are a few scenes where Inuyasha risks his life to save other characters, mostly because Kagome told him to.

There is a lot of violence in this anime, but it's not very realistic and I don't see mature kids having problems with it. There are some scenes where Inuyasha's impaled by enemies, but nothing that bad. Demons aren't very scary, I'd say the manga is way scarier than the anime.

On to swearing. (leaving out drugs and drinking because there is none), there is standard swearing for shounen anime: Ass, hell, bastard, the last one being used the most. Sh*t, b**ch, and f**k are entirely omitted.

And lastly, sex/nudity. Girls are very often seen naked by other characters (female or male), but there is no detail in the animation. There's a scene in the third season where Kagome is undressed by a sage/demon, then seen naked by the three male main characters (she later hugs Inuyasha while naked but he is unconscious).
One of the male main characters is a pervert, and is constantly rubbing girl's butts and asking girls to 'bear his child.'

That's the extent of it, any mature kid can handle it (I did at least).

Teen, 13 years old Written byInuxtreeUwU January 2, 2020

Best anime 10/10 would watch again

My personal favorite anime with a great story and lovable characters. It's a funny show to watch with the family. Awesome action sences and heartfelt sences. Amazing music might I add. Great for anime fans who are teens and just want some action and a bit of romance.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLove_juvu December 2, 2019

The best show ever

Inuyasha is a great show/manga it’s full of laughs and great lessons about life,never giving up, and expecting there self too it also shows female power since the author who made it is a women there is some swearing and like “damn” or “hell” it also teach kids about the federal era in Japan and religion too there is violence but not too much

Teen, 13 years old Written byWhyEvenBother July 30, 2018

A good show, but not always good for little kids

I wouldn't say that Inuyasha is aimed at an older audience, but I would say it wouldn't always be appropriate for little kids. As an anime, it's bound to have violence, and it does. Normally, the fighting is unrealistic and blood-free, but there's still quite a lot of it. There isn't any sex, but there's both full and partial nudity, though usually, any sensitive areas are covered. There's a bit of crushes and romance, but nothing more. The cussing is pretty mild, mostly "crap", "damn", and "hell". The story itself? It isn't too bad. It's a little repetitive and doesn't always make total sense, but it's a show you'll grasp onto easily. It only took me two episodes to get hooked. Overall, not a bad anime.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEllie Joy. S May 27, 2018

Awesome!

in my opinion, InuYasha is great for everybody 12+, it does have violence and gore but i dont think its anything too bad and i dont think the violence is too bad either. it has very very little drinking and stuff like that, it just appears in a couple episodes (maybe like 5 episodes). there is some cursing, they say "d*mn", "h*ll", *b*stard", "cr*p", and there was only one case were "jack*ss" was used. there is (very little) sexual stuff, one of the characters (miroku) asks just about every women he meets to "bear his child" and there is a couple episodes were he touches another characters (sango) butt, there is some scenes were they are bathing but nothing is shown, there is one episode early on were one characters (kikyou) body is shown naked, it was revealing but her "parts" were not shown and the context of the scene was not sexual in any way, there was also one scene were InuYasha was naked but everything was covered and nothing was shown, the first episodes in particular are a bit more sexual (because of revealing outfits) but there is very very little sexual stuff in this show. some things are some what creepy, that may scare younger children (there is things such as reincarnation, stealing souls, bringing people back to life, faceless people, creepy looking monsters, demons (like when inuyasha becomes full demon), there is a couple cases of possession (sango is possessed once, kagome is possessed by kikyou a couple times). the characters are amazing! kagome is a great role-model! great writing, animation, and story! being an otaku, ive watched many anime and i particularly like InuYasha because it is a LOT more appropriate than a lot of the other ones out there! overall InuYasha is a light-hearted story with darker and a bit more mature themes. common sense media was a bit wrong about their rating, id say you can definitely count on mine for a fair rating and review.

Teen, 13 years old Written byStevenDevedent January 15, 2018

Why is this even tv14

Ok so I don't like violence or gore or nudity and this show doesn't really show any of that it's pretty tame tbh.
I love the show!!!!
There's only some swearing like d*mn but that's it

Kid, 11 years old August 30, 2017

Nice anime, one of the few that I could watch.

Since a lot of anime is really inappropriate for me, my parents are very strict with anime. This show was actually really good and interesting. The nudity wasn't exactly much but did have some swearing. Liked it ^.^

Kid, 10 years old November 13, 2016

This is a magical fantasy anime similar of the five star "Princess Mononoke"!

This very exciting and awesome anime has some violence like people sword fighting and people getting shot with bows and arrows. A few times characters get stabbed and there is some blood but it is a very exciting and breathtaking anime. (Plus it's epic.)

Kid, 10 years old July 4, 2016

my fave anime since i was 9!

i think it should be good for mature 9 year olds but best for 10 & + there is some intense violence and a lecherous monk named miroku some intense romance woman and men naked (not graghic) but no swearing and the romance will go over kids heads but has good hearted role models who put their lifes in danger to save others and strong messages like always stay strong no matter what

Kid, 12 years old May 25, 2016

Adorable, probably more teen aimed show

Inuyasha is adorable.
I think kids of all ages could watch it with parental guidance. As far as swearing goes, it's pretty mild from bastard, he'll and damn and maybe an occasional o-my-God. Sexuality is pretty mild and mostly will fly over kids heads. There is one point were Inuyasha asks kagome to take of her clothes and she is offended. He only says this cause the clothes belonged to another girl who he previously had loved and he states that he didn't mean for her to get naked. One character constantly asks women to "bear his children".
No drugs or alcohol. And violence is moderate it premiered on Cartoon Network so you should know that it is made for kids of age 8 to 16.
Overall it's an adorable show and I love it!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byInja22 May 6, 2016

Interesting anime with good insight into Japanese culture

Summary :Inuyasha is a Japanese anime about a girl called Kagome who lives in modern Tokyo in an old shrine with her grandfather, her mother, her brother and her cat. On her 15th birthday after a few strange supernatural occurrences she falls down a well which takes her to feudal Japan. ( SPOILERS! SPOILERS!)
After awhile she stumbles upon a tree where she discovers a sleeping half demon named Inuyasha who thanks to Kikyō's enchanted arrow ( Kikyō is important later) is fast asleep whom she wakes and he tries to attack her because she looks like Kikyō and she has a magic stone on her which would allows him to become a full demon. After events play out , the stone is smashed into hundreds of shards which are dotted around Japan and so Kagome and Inuyasha journey around feudal Japan with friends in search of these shards.
Content : Inuyasha is an interesting anime with a good insight to Japanese culture which viewers of all ages will find insighting and fun. Parents and guardians do be warned but that there is still content which makes this anime not for younger children.
The way how some of the monsters look and how some of the character's natures is a little frightening and intense for younger children. There is violence in this show ( etc Inuyasha often carries around a large sword and fights with other demons) but it is quite rare to see pools and pools of blood and usually only a little is seen in the show. There is a little swearing but no worse than 'bastard', 'crap' or 'shit' is used as profanity. From a sexual reference view there isn't many when the shows first starts but later on in the series there are a 'few awkward situations' where Inuyasha sees Kagome naked and Kagome sees Inuyasha naked . This happens with a few other characters as well but very little is seen of private parts. There is no drug references but there is a brief scene where one of the character's is inferenced to be slightly drunk. The main character's of Inuyasha are good role models and positive messages are used throughout the show

Teen, 14 years old Written byYanderekittehx March 20, 2016

MY FAVORITE ANIME

In the series (Including the final act, manga movies,(cut) In episode 5, Inuyasha get injured kagome in a skirt with a first aid kit ask inuyasha to get out of the tree si she can treat his wounds inuyasha refuses, So you yells sit, and inuyasha falls out of the tree, Kagome in her skirt, Sits On inuyasha to get undressed so she can treat his wounds, Kayade with children sees them thinking kagome wanted to have sex with him, But only mature people would undertsand, Bastard is used, Ass, Wench, Jerk Damn,Hell, Pervert. But this shows girls and boys are equal. Also, In episodes, Demons Arms and chopped up, and blood shoots out.