All parent member reviews for Jakers! The Adventures of Piggley Winks

Adult Written bypraiseldr April 9, 2008

Jakers! Mel Brooks is a sheep!

This is the best show for kids to come along in a long time. I love that the story takes place in Ireland - we get to hear the accents! The story lines are shared among the character and the parents of the kids are involved and loving. THe teachers are supportive and the kids are respectful to their elders. The sheep? Hilarious! Mel Brooks? I couldn't believe it. What a wonderful show, with such creative animation. My only complaint is that I wish it were on at a better time for us to watch it!
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bykeillor April 6, 2010
One of the best kids shows ever produced. Up there with Mr. Rogers and classic Sesame Streets. Plus, Jakers features the voices of Mel Brooks and Harry Shearer. Really fun for kids and all age grown-ups. The producers really "get it". There's even a reference to "The InLaws". Mel Brooks says to sheep trying to run away: "They can't catch you if you zig zag...zig zag" BRILLIANT
Parent of a 5 year old Written bye_mansmom December 19, 2008

Just Great!

Heart warming. Cute kids hijinx - my husband and I love this show ourselves.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byResponsibleParent April 9, 2008
Adult Written byJanH April 9, 2008

Teaches Relationships--Family and Friends

I really love this show and wish there were more episodes. It teaches children that the stories from grandparents are very valuable and can be funny too. It also teaches kids that they can have lots of fun without having to have a TV, CD player, or video game. Go Outside and make your own fun!!
Adult Written byjul29 April 9, 2008
Parent of an infant, 6, and 6 year old Written byjakeandjonathansmom April 9, 2008
Adult Written bymarygillian April 9, 2008

I love it and so does my child!

The first time we watched this show I knew it was a keeper! Good, clean fun teaching lessons without appearing to do so. Excellent!